You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Hint Requests and Technical Problems New Culpa 1.02 Update Available at Worthplaying

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-16-2007, 02:38 PM   #1
Bearly Here

Default New Culpa 1.02 Update Available at Worthplaying

It's the end of the week and as promised...

here is the patch for the conflict between some system configs and our game's directx optimization.

We hoped to also have the subtitle update for monolog or Phoenix comments - but that won't be available for gamers until next week.

In the meantime here is the update we have been working on.

You can get it now here:

Worthplaying DL of Culpa v 1.02 patch

Quote:
"Players saved games are not affected by installing the patch. Their game can be continued from any saved game file they choose after installation of this update and the update can also be installed at
any point of their gameplay"

Details on this patch:

* A rare, but major bug which can result in random game crashes, primarily while the player is interacting with inventory items in the in game PA screen.This is due to a conflict between because of some graphics card drivers incompatibility with the DirectX optimized functionality, which is addressed by this update. Though the conflict is rare, it is nearly consistent on some graphics card, graphics card driver and the DirectX version configurations. The rework of the optimization pipeline of the game is now made compatible with these and any other configurations.
* A few rare logic bugs are also addressed.

The patch is accumulative with all updates and fixes contained in our previous patch, so no need to apply 1.01 before applying the 1.02.

Last edited by LauraMac; 11-16-2007 at 02:41 PM. Reason: corrected url
Old 11-16-2007, 03:09 PM   #2

Thank you. I've just downloaded it and installed it.
Old 11-16-2007, 06:19 PM   #3

Thanks LauraMac! Looking forward to the dialogue patch next week.

Recent Retail: The Shivah, Blackwell Legacy, Blackwell Unbound, Black Mirror, Cleopatra, Culpa Innata, Secret Files, Broken Sword 1-4, Indigo Prophecy, Nostradamus, Nibiru

Recent UG: Murder in a Wheel, Nelly Cootalot, The Farm, Two of a Kind, Donnie Darko, Reactor 9, Cedric & The Revolution, 5 Days a Stranger, Something Amiss (Chp 1 & 2), Prodigal
Old 11-17-2007, 05:55 AM   #4
Bearly Here

Gamegirl & misa, warm welcome back to you.

also.... urk The title has an error (says patch 2.01) but can't edit titles of threads - just the contents

Just so people know - it is v1.02 update that is the new patch.
Old 11-21-2007, 10:26 AM   #5

thanx alot LauraMac..I haven't started playing Culp Innata yet..but I will certainly enjoy it better ..now that it's bug-free!
thanks again
Old 11-24-2007, 04:52 AM   #6

awesome.

can't wait till next week when the monologue subtitles are added.

the game has just been sitting on my desktop for awhile and i simply refuse to play it because of issues like these which are simply gamebreakers when it comes to adventure games.

anyways really appreciate the effort.