You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-11-2007, 07:51 PM   #41

Default Can someone help me please?

Hi
I'm stuck in the map room...it keeps asking me if I want to write the coordinates 5 and 5 so I click yes then it says I can't write something I'm not sure about...any idea what I'm doing wrong?
Old 11-11-2007, 07:58 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Will View Post
Spoiler:
Those five circles are holes. You should have five discs from the 'cellar' from EB's (forgot his name) house. They're in the room to the right of the statue of a guy sitting on a chair in the room with the green smoke.

Let me know if you solve that puzzle, cause it's beginning to annoy me now. -.-
Spoiler:
Do you mean IB (Ivar Bergen) ? The room that matches most your description is the map room in IB's cellar but I don't see the green smoke you are talking about nor the five disks... I guess I have to find EB's house... any hint for this ?
Old 11-11-2007, 08:04 PM   #43

Well, I'm at the crypt now too

So far I've figured that the Disk with the Eye belongs to the center circle (the one at the bottom). you can see that image on the little alchemy room behind the curtain on Clark's.
Hint's also through the idea of that spiral behind a statue on the cabin's cave... the other symbols are not understandable tho...
Hints talk about a sequence of events, that can be found on a document on Clark's house, but i can't seem to find that specifically, although I had find there, mentions to the hieroglyphs.
In the same book (with the 1st pages unreadable) also mentions another book called Eclipse of the Soul. It talks about an Eclipse and the summon of the One Beneath... The disks seem to represent events, Eclipse (half-sun), Eclipse of the soul? (2 human figures?), and then the other 2...
I'm stuck in this puzzle, but I though that sharing this may help US finding a solution
Old 11-11-2007, 08:06 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calamar View Post
Spoiler:
Do you mean IB (Ivar Bergen) ? The room that matches most your description is the map room in IB's cellar but I don't see the green smoke you are talking about nor the five disks... I guess I have to find EB's house... any hint for this ?
Calamar:

You know that strange encoded message you find in one of the documents on the upper room of the cabin? It says to use that code to contact someone. Try the cellphone... the number keys also have letters
Old 11-11-2007, 08:19 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by TetraH View Post
Calamar:

You know that strange encoded message you find in one of the documents on the upper room of the cabin? It says to use that code to contact someone. Try the cellphone... the number keys also have letters
Ha thank you TetraH ! It will try it now
Old 11-11-2007, 08:21 PM   #46

Ok, I got the Crypt door puzzle, but I went from a different logic and then hopped for luck eheh
Here's the final result:
Spoiler:

I noticed that both Human Figure disks had a golden inner filling circle, so I put those on the central slots. It went like this
Botom: Eye disk
Far-Left: Sun disk
Center Left: 1 Human Disk
Center Right: 2 Humans Disk
Far-Right: Half-Sun Disk

then the smaller circles (the results that can be changed when turning the disks:

Left: Spiral (as seen on the back of a statue on the Cabin's Basement)
Center: Eye (same image as the bottom disk)
Right: Scale

If you find the correct logic of this, please tell... doing this by luck is not the same thing
Old 11-11-2007, 08:30 PM   #47

TetraH:
(spoilers again, so don't read unless you're stuck here aswell)
Spoiler:
The symbols on the back of the statue are unreadable, but if you make an imprint, they become much clearer. On the switch in the electric fence room is some putty. Use that on the statue to make an imprint. Then use the paint brush with ink on it, and stamp it on the blank piece of paper in the room with the trap door. Now we've got a piece of paper with the symbols like this:

[circle] [eye]

[scales]

As for the order of the disks, I believe we're supposed to get that from the book you mentioned. If I remember correctly it says something like the eclipse is the beginning and end of things. This led me to believe both discs of the sun should be at the beginning and end (left and right). As for the human discs, my reasoning is as follows: When the sun is normal, everything's fine, so I used the disc with one man. The eclipse seems to be an overall bad thing throughout the game. Especially in the last dream where you had to get back the dream catcher. So the picture of two men would indicate this other, darker personality.

Long story short, I think the order of the big discs should be:
fltr: Sun - 1 man - 2 man - eclipsed sun. With the eye in the middle as you said.
As for the small thingies I just went with the order on the piece of paper. So circle - scales - eye.

Unfortunately, this didn't do anything. So either I've gone bananas and my mind's as messed up as Howard's, or the small images need to somehow be set in a way so that the big discs are all right side up. Any ideas?

Gah, so simple. I thought I had allready tried that combination! Well, at least my logic somehow makes sense. Cheers. ^^
Old 11-11-2007, 08:37 PM   #48

OK....

ermmmm

do anyone know if this game has multiple endings?

I ask because after the crypt, the game ended for me
Spoiler:
and inside a sanatorium it seems

yeah, I have almost all 'hidden clues' to find, and got 0 'easter eggs'

terrible results eheheh

I guess I'll start again on the hard difficulty lvl now
Old 11-11-2007, 08:49 PM   #49

As far as I know there is only one ending, however
Spoiler:
The last thing Howard says is that he'll stay in there (the sanitarium) untill the eclipse is over. The 'ending' overall is just screaming SEQUEL.

My results were horrible as well. Only found 2 secret clues and 1 easter egg. Even managed to miss some documents. Definitely going to replay this... when it's light outside. Loved the atmosphere, really made my hair stand upright at times.
Old 11-11-2007, 09:25 PM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Will View Post
As far as I know there is only one ending, however
Spoiler:
The last thing Howard says is that he'll stay in there (the sanitarium) untill the eclipse is over. The 'ending' overall is just screaming SEQUEL.

My results were horrible as well. Only found 2 secret clues and 1 easter egg. Even managed to miss some documents. Definitely going to replay this... when it's light outside. Loved the atmosphere, really made my hair stand upright at times.
I'm restarting the all thing and now I understand those Secret notes, so i'm starting to get some of those, but, can you please tell what was the Easter Egg you found?
thanks
Old 11-12-2007, 12:06 AM   #51

I'm not quite sure to tell you the truth. I'm going to replay it after I finish work. I'll let you know if I find out.
Old 11-12-2007, 02:44 AM   #52

Help needed with the African statue and the three sticks. i cannot figure this one out although I tried so many possibilities ... I searched the clarkes house for a clue but didn't get it. Can someone help?
Old 11-12-2007, 05:51 AM   #53

Spoiler:
There is an already opened up statue in the house. It's in the room where you had to open the suitcase with casettes. If you open the compartment, you'll see three thingies hanging down. I used that to work out the right positions of the sticks.

If that doesn't do it for you, read on.

They holes are arrayed like this:
2 3
4 5
If I remember correctly, the right combination is 1, 2, 5.
Old 11-12-2007, 06:12 AM   #54

helppppppppppp would someone discribe this organizer you are suppose to be able to write in......im havening problems...ive listened to the tape about being at ivan's cabin.and got date, but nowi dont know what to do....i cant find anything to write in
Old 11-12-2007, 06:36 AM   #55

Hi!
I'm stuck like hell in this game. Maybe it's a bug. Here's the situation:

I've been to E.B.'s house, but after that, I can't find Wolfsprey/Windlapse. In Nolder's office, I can't find a clue according to Wolfsprey. Auto document research doesn't work. :S
Amongst my thoughts and hints there isn't the "Marked loc. in Windlapse" thougt to combine with the "Tomb" thought.
I read this thread throughly, but nothin' helps me.
Opinion? Is it a bug?
Old 11-12-2007, 06:56 AM   #56

peonie_98:
Spoiler:
Sounds like you haven't been down to the well yet. That's where you'll find the organizer.

Gusto:
Spoiler:
You get the clue for Windprey being called Windlapse from a book called Wellsmoth, which you can find in the drawer of Nolder's desk. You then need to combine that clue with the one about Samuel William Poer's tomb. I don't quite remember where that one comes from though.

Edit:You get the clue about Poer's tomb in the attic of Ivar's cabin.

Last edited by The Will; 11-12-2007 at 07:02 AM.
Old 11-12-2007, 07:17 AM   #57

Spoiler:
You get the clue for Windprey being called Windlapse from a book called Wellsmoth, which you can find in the drawer of Nolder's desk. You then need to combine that clue with the one about Samuel William Poer's tomb. I don't quite remember where that one comes from though.

Edit:You get the clue about Poer's tomb in the attic of Ivar's cabin.

but.....

Spoiler:
When I go to cementary I cannot find any records of Samuel William Poer and I'm preaty much desperate. I got insect and leaves from figure and I'm waithing for the call from Arthur.

Last edited by Floydian; 11-12-2007 at 09:44 AM.
Old 11-12-2007, 07:23 AM   #58

Default darkness within

would someone please tell me where the attic and alchemy lab is exactly?Thanks...
Old 11-12-2007, 07:31 AM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy9009 View Post
would someone please tell me where the attic and alchemy lab is exactly?Thanks...
You'll get that location (attic) on the fifth day after you slept for 4 days, Windy.
Old 11-12-2007, 07:39 AM   #60

Floydian:
Spoiler:
There are some things hidden in the register building at the cemetary, take a good look around.

Gusto:
Spoiler:
Have you tried examining the map and clicking on the Wolfsprey location? That should get Howard to think about it giving you the Marked location clue, which you can then combine with The Tombs clue, not the Poer clue as I mentioned earlier, sorry about that.

If that doesn't work either, tell me which locations you've got available and what you've got in your inventory.