You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-11-2007, 06:35 AM   #21

Really stuck in the cabincellar. Don't know where to hide. Anytime when I try I get the message that I'm failed, but have no idea how to do it in another way.
Need help please! TIA!
Old 11-11-2007, 07:24 AM   #22
CHB

elisabeth

Spoiler:
hide in the room with the electrified fence
Old 11-11-2007, 07:43 AM   #23

Hi CHB, don't see or remember a door. All doors are closed and when I see the shadows coming down, I only can go 1 side and that's behind me. The only highlighted item I see is the eyesymbol on the wall...
Old 11-11-2007, 07:50 AM   #24

Can anyone tell me how to use the item
Spoiler:
on the painting

Clicking doesnt do anything and the cursor doesnt change indicating anything can be done.

Am I missing something obvious or is there a bug which means I cannot go further?
Old 11-11-2007, 08:02 AM   #25

Flyer,
Did you read the READ ME, especially 15.GETTING STARTED
Old 11-11-2007, 08:04 AM   #26

Thank you, I knew I what I wanted to do but couldnt do it.

It was so simple to!
Old 11-11-2007, 08:19 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHB View Post
elisabeth

Spoiler:
hide in the room with the electrified fence
Thanx CHB, but where can I find this room? I only know the room at the left in front of me, but I can't go there, my pointer is gone and when I see it again I don't have control over it
Old 11-11-2007, 10:17 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyer View Post
Can anyone tell me how to use the item
Spoiler:
on the painting

Clicking doesnt do anything and the cursor doesnt change indicating anything can be done.

Am I missing something obvious or is there a bug which means I cannot go further?
Flyer:
Spoiler:

when you look at the painting you can turn it around. Then you just need to use the Letter Opener you find on the table, near the phone, on it to get the items inside the painting.

Ok, now my 'stuckness':
I thank you, CHB, for your previous hint on my stuck point, but I must be blind or a bit dumb right now, because I did go up, to that place you pointed me. I got 2 clues from papers on a small table, I've looked through the telescope and found the possible place where it was being pointed. I've looked at the jars, and I've read two books, one behind a curtain and the 'instruction' book on a table... and that's it. I can't do anything else it seems. I've tried to connect some clues with the new ones, but it leads to nothing. Also found that one of the Locations marked on the map has now a different name, and already got the name.
Also, I have some clues on the upper room that I cannot get (although the clue counter still's saying some are left. Those 'ungetable' clues include a location and a name.

What am I missing?
Old 11-11-2007, 10:31 AM   #29

Ok forget my last post. Changed my Gamma and found 2 lurking doors on the last corridor of the Cabin's basement

oh well...
Old 11-11-2007, 11:23 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by elisabeth View Post
Thanx CHB, but where can I find this room? I only know the room at the left in front of me, but I can't go there, my pointer is gone and when I see it again I don't have control over it
I think the room CHB is talking is in the last corridor, just in front of the 'mad man' zone door, although I have no Idea of what you're talking about when you say you see the shadows coming.
Spoiler:
I got the key and the document from the jacket in the cell in front of the mad man's cell, used it on Clark's house. Got the bug and the leaf and then... felt asleep for 4 days. Ditched the strange mixture I found on the WC and went back to Clark's. Found the alchemy lab and lots of paper to read, but none had a clue...

I'm kind of stuck on that part now...
anyone willing to drop a clue?
Old 11-11-2007, 12:30 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by TetraH View Post
I think the room CHB is talking is in the last corridor, just in front of the 'mad man' zone door, although I have no Idea of what you're talking about when you say you see the shadows coming.
Spoiler:
I got the key and the document from the jacket in the cell in front of the mad man's cell, used it on Clark's house. Got the bug and the leaf and then... felt asleep for 4 days. Ditched the strange mixture I found on the WC and went back to Clark's. Found the alchemy lab and lots of paper to read, but none had a clue...

I'm kind of stuck on that part now...
anyone willing to drop a clue?
After I met Loath Nolder(? I couldn't see him) in the basement, he warned me that 'THEY' were coming. So I went back to where I came from. In front of me are the stairs on which 'THEY' are coming, I can see their shadows, so I have to hide me! At the front right side is a closed door and at the front/left side is an entrance leading to a room with on booth sides a statue and a room where I saw 4 horrorheads.
Now that I have to hide I cannot move me to where I want, there's no curser, and when the curser is there again, it leads me backwards to the end of a corridor into the dark room where I met Loath before. I don't see an electrified fence...
The only thing I can do is wait the message: You've failed

Last edited by elisabeth; 11-11-2007 at 12:38 PM. Reason: Finaly found another door ! :))
Old 11-11-2007, 04:02 PM   #32

How can I play the music notes in the cave? I collected all parts and combined all of them, I tried some ways but I couldn't manage it, does someone know what the order is? Thank you...
Old 11-11-2007, 04:13 PM   #33

windy909:
Spoiler:
Think of the tablet as sheet music. The dots are actually the notes you have to play. First the top line, then the bottom line.

If we give the four holes on the horn the following numbers:
_
|4|
|3|
|2|
|1|
|_|

The play order is: 2, 3, 1, 2, 1, 2, 4, 3, 1, 2, 1, 2, 1, 4.

I think I'm going to need some help aswell. Describing my situation will include some spoilers, hence the spoiler tags.
Spoiler:
I'm in William Poer's crypt, trying to solve the puzzle in front of the locked door. I'm pretty sure I've got the combination of the 5 discs correct:
(left to right)Sun, 1 Man, Eye, 2 Men, Half Sun.

I got the combination for the three little thingies from the statue in Ivar's house: Spiral - Scales - Eye.

After entering this though, the door is still locked. I think the problem is the 5 discs are rotated, and I spent about 15 minutes trying to rotate them so that they're all right side up with the three little things displaying the right sign, but I was unable to do so. Am I supposed to do something else, or do I really have to align them all properly, and if so, is there a trick to it?
Old 11-11-2007, 04:16 PM   #34

@windy9009

I was stuck there too, I think you have to play the entire thing without checking the inventory. The order is the one on the tablet.

Me, I'm stuck in the cabin. I opened the safe in the basement, but don't know which map(?) to take. There are some clues upstairs that I can't seem to get, not sure if they are related.
Old 11-11-2007, 04:58 PM   #35

elisabeth:

I really don't know most of what you are talking about because I need help to get to that point eheheh

So, my situation stills almost the same, I'll post it in Spoiler mode since it may have some info. about steps to get there

Spoiler:

I'm on day 5 (after that 'blackout' of 4 days).
In the Cabin:
Upper room - Opened both 'furniture', got all what I was able, including the 3 metal sticks that I've already used on the Doll to get the bug and leaf (just before Day 4 ends). On the letters, I got some clues, but the 'auto-clue' says I have two more to find, but seems I can't due to lack of 'background'. The E.B. Clue and the Location of someone's house is still locked.

Attic - I've got 2 clues about a cript. Looked out through the Telescope and found a cave (but it gives no clue). Read the book behind the curtain and the one near the telescope with some instructions to build a 'thingy'. Inspected all the jars with creatures. (also no clues given from this items)

Lower level - Kitchen - I got the thinner and used it to clean the brush, that is now with black ink. Got the 'Hook in a stick' to open the attic door. The table is 'zoomable' but nothing is in there.

Lower level - Room - Found a blank paper (that game mechanics indicate as usable but no item I have seems to be able to interact with it. Found the trapdoor to the basement.

Basement - 1st room (map room) - All map related actions there are complete, as the map cabinet is now Not-Usable. Looked at 4 ugly face sculptures, 1 in the table, 3 in a cabinet. Looked at the 'Sitting man' statue, turned it and found symbols. Also seems Usable but no item seem to interact with it.

Basement - Corridors/galleries - All doors are locked except for 2 in the 'second' corridor. One has a room with an electrified fence and some old guns. The other have a small room with 2 more doors.

Basement - 'prison' - On the left door, a mad man talked to me. On the right door, after using the candle, I found some documents and a key, bellowing to Clark (that key opened two doors on Clark's house.)

so... what am I missing?

thanks in advance

(just got the step i think...)
Spoiler:
Tomb + windlapse

Last edited by TetraH; 11-11-2007 at 05:40 PM.
Old 11-11-2007, 05:02 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hegix View Post
@windy9009

I was stuck there too, I think you have to play the entire thing without checking the inventory. The order is the one on the tablet.

Me, I'm stuck in the cabin. I opened the safe in the basement, but don't know which map(?) to take. There are some clues upstairs that I can't seem to get, not sure if they are related.
Spoiler:

If I remember correctly you have to 'think' with Maps and another clue that contains some sort of 'map position' (sorry, can't really remember the name)

Going to Loath office will be need too... check the drawer again.
Old 11-11-2007, 06:10 PM   #37

I'm stuck in William Poer's crypt. I found the puzlle on the floor in front of the locked door but I can't interact with the 5 circles. Any ideas of what i'm missing?
Old 11-11-2007, 06:10 PM   #38

ok i must be really stupid....you people keep talking about writing inan organizer what it that and how do you write in it.......i may have it and not know what it is....Ive opened that brief case thing and listened to tape.
Old 11-11-2007, 06:43 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by peonie_98 View Post
ok i must be really stupid....you people keep talking about writing inan organizer what it that and how do you write in it.......i may have it and not know what it is....Ive opened that brief case thing and listened to tape.
you have to use it (right click) to write in it

If you don't have it :
Spoiler:
It is located at the end of the tunnel in the well

For my part I'm still stuck in Poer's Crypt any help appreciated

Last edited by Calamar; 11-11-2007 at 06:55 PM.
Old 11-11-2007, 07:18 PM   #40

Spoiler:
Those five circles are holes. You should have five discs from the 'cellar' from EB's (forgot his name) house. They're in the room to the right of the statue of a guy sitting on a chair in the room with the green smoke.

Let me know if you solve that puzzle, cause it's beginning to annoy me now. -.-