You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-25-2007, 08:55 PM   #1

Default Stuck in Hotel Dusk

I'm currently up to the part where I found the memo stuck under the filing cabinet. I've tried using the crowbar but the noise of it attracts the owner.

I just want to know if I can solve this puzzle without leaving the room or am I forgetting something?
Old 10-25-2007, 09:34 PM   #2

You have everything you need.

Spoiler:
You just have to be more careful and make sure not not not to make the cabinet fall when moving it.
Recently finished: MCF: Escape from Ravenhearst [+], The Walking Dead, ep. 1 [+++], Gray Matter [++]
Old 10-31-2007, 11:09 PM   #3

Ah thank you! I didn't realise how slowly I had to lift it up. I kept trying to shimmy it. LOL!
Old 11-02-2007, 09:21 AM   #4
The Ultimate Insult

I had trouble with it cus I lifted it then tried to get the note and my stylus would slip to get the note causing it to bang, til I realised I had to lift it until it pinged and stayed lifted. lol

Currently playing; CSI Deadly Intent, Tales Of Monkey Island Ep 1
Recently finished;Secret Files Puritas Cordis, Prof Layton and Pandora's Box
Eagerly anticipating;Kaptain Brawe: A Brawe new world, Nearly Departed
Old 11-02-2007, 12:49 PM   #5
Caffein Queen

I must really have been lucky, when doing this part.
I just lifted and voila.. all done.

It wasn't until 1 minute later, when checking the walkthrough, that I realized it could be difficult, lol.

Now Playing: World Of Warcraft (US)
Recently Finished: Too many Casual games
Waiting for: Lost Horizon + Gray Matter
Old 11-05-2007, 09:29 AM   #6

I found that I tried to lift it and the crowbar would always go too far. It even felt like I was being slow at the time too. LOL!
Old 11-10-2007, 11:30 PM   #7
Super Moderator

I thought this was a good use of the 'Game Over.' It's good to see some consequences for snooping around where Kyle doesn't belong (if he gets caught). It's also nice to get a do over too.
Old 11-11-2007, 01:05 PM   #8
Super Moderator

Now I'm stuck - I need to get the lights back on in Room 218 and:

Spoiler:
it says you need to lift both switches at once using both of your hands but the DS won't let me do it.

How do I do that?
Old 11-11-2007, 01:09 PM   #9

Well, do as you're told!

HINT:
Spoiler:
If your stylus = one hand...

SPOILER:
Spoiler:
Flip one switch with your stylus and (simultaneously) the other with a second stylus (or your finger, if you're not afraid of finger marks on your DS screen).
Recently finished: MCF: Escape from Ravenhearst [+], The Walking Dead, ep. 1 [+++], Gray Matter [++]
Old 11-11-2007, 01:14 PM   #10
Super Moderator

Spoiler:
I was trying to use a stylus and my hand and making an up motion but it wasn't working. So I thought I needed to do something else until you told me otherwise. I just left them stationary and it worked. I guess I thought I needed to add the motion which was screwing me up.

Thanks!
Old 11-13-2007, 04:05 AM   #11

Spoiler:
I ended up using both of my thumbs in that puzzle. I'm pretty sure I did an up motion with them though?
Old 03-18-2012, 04:24 PM   #12
The Quiet One

*bump*

I'm currently stuck on Chapter 2 (I think?) and I could use a hint from a helpful soul (only a hint, mind!).

Dunning's has gone to his room, which gave me the opportunity to snoop around in his office,
Spoiler:
and I retrieved his memo from under the filing cabinet; I got the red box from inside the filing cabinet; I checked the guest records for Kyle Hyde's name; I've spoken to Louis in the utility closet; I've gotten Rosa's permission to see Mila later; and I've retrieved the men's magazine...
Kyle's able to put the red box in his case - as it's an item Ed wants - but he won't put the magazine in. I'm confused. These are the two items Ed wants, right? I would have thought you'd need to put them in the suitcase and then call Rachel? But, nada...

I've looked all around the ground and first floors, interacted with/examined every object, tried opening/knocking on every door, but I can't see what I'm missing. I still can't see Mila yet either and absolutely no one is available to talk. Could someone give me a nudge in the right direction?
Now Playing: Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars - The Director's Cut (DS and iPhone), DOOM 3: Resurrection of Evil, Hotel Dusk: Room 215, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Justice for All, Silent Hill - HD Collection
Recently Completed: Max Payne, Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne
Next: Bayonetta, Devil May Cry - HD Collection, Max Payne 3, Metal Gear Solid - HD Collection, Silent Hill: Downpour
Old 03-18-2012, 06:41 PM   #13
Schattenjäger

if i remember right..
hint:
Spoiler:
You need to find louie again and if you dont know where he is you should be able to ask somebody

what time are you on? 5:50ish?
Old 03-19-2012, 05:06 AM   #14
The Quiet One

Thanks for the reply.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zane View Post
what time are you on? 5:50ish?
Close - I'm on 5:40.

Quote:
if i remember right..
hint:
Spoiler:
You need to find louie again and if you dont know where he is you should be able to ask somebody
There's no one around at all at the moment. All the room keys are in Dunning's office (except Kyle's) so no one is in their rooms. The only person who is in their room is Helen Parker, but she won't speak to me anymore.
Now Playing: Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars - The Director's Cut (DS and iPhone), DOOM 3: Resurrection of Evil, Hotel Dusk: Room 215, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Justice for All, Silent Hill - HD Collection
Next: Bayonetta, Devil May Cry - HD Collection, Max Payne 3, Metal Gear Solid - HD Collection, Silent Hill: Downpour
Old 03-19-2012, 07:41 AM   #15
Schattenjäger

(edited to be a little less spoilery)
So you can still enter the office? Im pretty sure that means you have to examine or do somthing in the office still. When youve done everything there is to in the office an event will trigger while leaving. So try looking at everything.
Maybe more specifically:
Spoiler:
have you looked at the birthday cards and calendar?

Last edited by zane; 03-19-2012 at 08:07 AM.
Old 03-19-2012, 08:41 AM   #16
The Quiet One

Yep, I can still enter the office and I've examined everything, including the two items you've mentioned. I'll go back and take another thorough look...
Old 03-19-2012, 09:24 AM   #17
The Quiet One

Hmmm. I'm still none the wiser, I'm afraid. I'd already examined every item and object -
Spoiler:
including the birthday card and calender
- a while back. The only thing examining those two items has done is given me two new questions to ask Dunnings. Unfortunately, he's still no where to be found.

I've even tried using items on them too...
Old 03-19-2012, 09:34 AM   #18
Schattenjäger

hmm how about...
Spoiler:
newspaper, a travel brocher, and the supervisors log?(i think you mustv seen the log because it leads you to the cabinets)
Old 03-19-2012, 09:49 AM   #19
The Quiet One

Yep, yep and yep. I've examined everything in the room, but nothing new reveals itself.

I would have thought
Spoiler:
that because the 'other' Kyle Hyde stayed in room 217, according to the registration cards, that you could borrow the key to the room and snoop around. But Kyle just won't take any of the keys. He keeps saying that the key to room 215 is missing (well, duh .)

I also have a screwdriver I haven't used yet... Everything I've tried to use it on won't work.
Old 03-19-2012, 01:03 PM   #20
Schattenjäger

hmhm what about the client list? you put that in the suitcase too right?