You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Hint Requests and Technical Problems Evil Under the Sun (use spoiler tags where necessary)

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-21-2007, 07:59 AM   #1
now more then ever

Send a message via Yahoo to bored
Default Evil Under the Sun (use spoiler tags where necessary)

Anyone playing this game?

I;m stuck I completed all the tasks in the sec chapter and I have only two cards on the Finger of Suspicion( Arlena and Kenneth Marshall ) telling me i should eavesdrop on them. WHAT NEXT???????????
Old 10-21-2007, 11:42 AM   #2

Yes

No time to play, still on start, collecting items and facts ..
Old 10-21-2007, 11:53 AM   #3

Im already stuck at the start, i need to fix a bird view blind and i need a cord, where do i find this?

Thank you
Old 10-21-2007, 12:51 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by bored View Post
Anyone playing this game?

I;m stuck I completed all the tasks in the sec chapter and I have only two cards on the Finger of Suspicion( Arlena and Kenneth Marshall ) telling me i should eavesdrop on them. WHAT NEXT???????????
Spoiler:
Perhaps try and find their current location so you can listen to their convos, maybe they're in the hotel?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grayzor View Post
Im already stuck at the start, i need to fix a bird view blind and i need a cord, where do i find this?

Thank you
Spoiler:
Perhaps a trip to the beach could be healthy for you. Specially with all that cord lying around there

Last edited by Melanie68; 10-21-2007 at 01:27 PM. Reason: merged :)
Old 10-21-2007, 12:56 PM   #5

And now I have a question myself. I'm at the 5th act (I think off the top of my head), and I have just 1 thing left to do I'm sure of. I'm in need of a drink for the beach guy, and they're missing some ingredients in the bar.
Spoiler:
Dark rum and grenadine, I've supplied the dark rum once, and then the grenadine was missing. Now he says the dark rum and grenadine is still missing if I try and order that drink again. So my question is: how do I get the grenadine (my bottle is empty) and can I / do I have to get more dark rum? Cause I have no glass now T_T

Last edited by Melanie68; 11-08-2007 at 07:27 PM. Reason: added spoiler tags
Old 10-21-2007, 01:22 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorina View Post
And now I have a question myself. I'm at the 5th act (I think off the top of my head), and I have just 1 thing left to do I'm sure of. I'm in need of a drink for the beach guy, and they're missing some ingredients in the bar. Dark rum and grenadine, I've supplied the dark rum once, and then the grenadine was missing. Now he says the dark rum and grenadine is still missing if I try and order that drink again. So my question is: how do I get the grenadine (my bottle is empty) and can I / do I have to get more dark rum? Cause I have no glass now T_T
Excessive posting, my apologies. I finally got past that after I found the detail I'd missed.

Spoiler:
There's a bottle of cough syrup in the shop in town. booo!
Old 10-21-2007, 02:14 PM   #7
Not such a Super Sleuth

I'm stuck somewhere in the 2nd section. If anyone can give me some pointers? Thanks in advance.

I need to find some instruction before attempting to clean the guillmot with Linda. I also need to resolve the misunderstanding between Gladys, Will & Linda.
Finger of Suspicion tells me I have to 'assist' the only two cards I have (Will & Linda)
Old 10-21-2007, 02:31 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by futumtch View Post
I'm stuck somewhere in the 2nd section. If anyone can give me some pointers? Thanks in advance.

I need to find some instruction before attempting to clean the guillmot with Linda. I also need to resolve the misunderstanding between Gladys, Will & Linda.
Finger of Suspicion tells me I have to 'assist' the only two cards I have (Will & Linda)

Spoiler:
Instructions are generally found in books, where might there be books?

Resolving the love affair is a simple matter of speaking/listening on them, and it will resolve itself when you find the book you need actually
Old 10-21-2007, 05:29 PM   #9

i'm stuck i think in the 5th act, i've completed eveything in my list of tasks, but when i use the finger gadget, it still has 2 names,

Spoiler:
The gardner's are left to search the room, but i've already reassembled the letter, but theres no obvious sound to indicate i have it exactly corret, though i'm pretty sure i have, am i missing something

for gods sake i missed the 2 blank parts being wrong way around lol

Right stuck in 6th act now, on the code box any hints would be welcomed

edit: i had to use a walkthrough to get past this bit, as i was way off in what i was thinking, but cleared the game without aid from there on, for those of you interested in the walkthrough its located here

Spoiler:
http://www.gameboomers.com/wtcheats/pcAa/agathachristieevilunderthesun.htm

Last edited by gster; 10-21-2007 at 09:18 PM.
Old 10-21-2007, 07:57 PM   #10

how do i summon sea tractor ferry boat
Old 10-21-2007, 09:16 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by diego View Post
how do i summon sea tractor ferry boat
i think you are in act 1, and when u attemp to call you get no answer

Spoiler:
You must complete act 1, then in act 2 you can call for the sea tractor
Old 10-21-2007, 09:45 PM   #12

yeap, figured that now ;] thanx gster

i have done everything in act 2, every task is crossed off in my documents, i spoke to everyone.. but the act is not over yet..

nevermind i got it.. i had to
Spoiler:
use binoculars from the hotel tower and to listen on marshals door

Last edited by Melanie68; 11-08-2007 at 07:28 PM. Reason: changed to spoiler tags
Old 10-31-2007, 11:59 PM   #13

Stuck at Act I.

I've followed the walkthrough, but I'm not "automatically back at Poirot's office" after seeing Arlena Marshall and Patrick Redfern in the water.

Mr. Poirot tells me to take a look at my note, and there seems to be one thing that I haven't done -
Spoiler:
"read the newspaper article regarding Miss Porter's school". But the newspaper is nowhere to be found!?
I'm pretty sure I've got all the necessary items, but still am stuck. I'd appreciate it if anyone can help me out.

Last edited by Melanie68; 11-08-2007 at 07:29 PM. Reason: added spoiler tags
Old 11-01-2007, 04:15 AM   #14
Not such a Super Sleuth

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffyisme View Post
Mr. Poirot tells me to take a look at my note, and there seems to be one thing that I haven't done - "read the newspaper article regarding Miss Porter's school". But the newspaper is nowhere to be found!?
Spoiler:
Teleport yourself back to Poirots office by clicking Poirots icon at the top of the screen then have a good look round Poirots office.
Old 11-01-2007, 01:21 PM   #15

Hi i'm stuck in the end of ACT 5. I've read the walkthru and done everything. My problem is with the pieces of letter in the trash can in Gardener's room. When i click on them (in the trash can) a new screen appears where i must put all the pieces of the letter together. Well I've put them about 20 times and nothing happens it's like i'm not positioning them right, but i'm sure they are right. Maybe it's a bug in the game. Can someone help me?
Old 11-06-2007, 10:21 PM   #16

The cough syrup
Spoiler:
is in the general store...put that into the empty bottle, the cough syrup has pommegrant (sp?) in it, which is in grenadine.

Benjor

Last edited by Melanie68; 11-08-2007 at 07:29 PM. Reason: added spoiler tags
Old 11-08-2007, 07:23 PM   #17

Ac's Evil Under The Sun ... Letter Puzzle

Could some one give a little help here, in EUTS in a bin in one of the hotel rooms you find a torn letter and you have to piece it together again, I have done this but when I look in documents the completed letter is not there?

And yes I put in together in the correct order..

Do you have to use glue? or something else to hold it together or should it just appear in your Documents folder?

Thanks ...

Walsh2509
Old 11-08-2007, 07:58 PM   #18

It should just appear. I didn't need anything else.
Old 11-09-2007, 12:13 PM   #19

Well I put it together again and the reading made sense and it looked correct, but when I go into my notes there is no new letter in the documents section.

And another thing I just noticed, I was in the shop and used the microscope, first putting the burnt hair under then the hair off the brush. The 2 were shown side by side and something about the colour of it.

When I looked in my notes the action was not scored through as task completed. Its still open as a task to be done, yet the hair sample from the fireplace and the hair on the brush are now gone.

All the other tasks I've done are scored through as tasks done.

So that's now two things now, the letter won't appear in my notes even though its put together in the correct way and the task of comparing the two lots of hair under the microscope has been done and the hair is no longer in my inventory but its still showing as an open task in my notes.

This is stopping me moving on ...

Anything I can do other than starting over again?

thanks..

walsh2509.

Last edited by walsh2509; 11-09-2007 at 12:19 PM.
Old 11-09-2007, 12:19 PM   #20

Default The torn letter.

Unless the torn letter 'mends' itself along the tears and goes into your documents, then it isn't put together properly. Be sure to pay close attention to the borders as well, there are some sections with no text on them at all that are only discernable by the border along the edge. Also double check pieces with only a small mark on them, as they may be in the wrong place.