You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Hint Requests and Technical Problems Evil Under the Sun (use spoiler tags where necessary)

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-04-2008, 09:16 AM   #81

Ahhh come on don't be cheap. Act 5 savegame! Act 5 savegame! Act 5 savegame! http://rapidshare.com/ just browse and upload com'on do a good deed today.
Old 03-05-2008, 08:10 AM   #82

Default act 5 grrr

i did everything on the list all is crossed off, i think im missing one person i have to talk to . i went back to the "office" to try to get a hint but he wont give me anyomre.... can somene help plx.. already talked to police station, got the compass, put letter together, did the pill thing and ran all the substances. i think there is one more person .... but where??
Old 03-05-2008, 09:48 AM   #83

Ok, im still stuck in Chapter 6, i went back to the post office and examined the white powder and after that nothing happened where Kenneth Marshall spks to Linda and that she had taken the heroine..also, when clicking on the finger of suspicion, there were two cards left..one for Gladys and the other for Horace Blatt which ive already talked to and cant get any further with them..so i don't know where to go from here..can someone assist? THANKS..oh yeah and also, ive completed all the stopwatch timings but it's still not crossed off the list..ive got the bathng beach, tennis court, smugglers pub, mercenary, sanctuary cove, the ledges

Last edited by mysty_eyez38; 03-05-2008 at 09:54 AM.
Old 03-05-2008, 11:16 AM   #84

did you figure it out cuz im in the same spot?? if so please share
Old 03-05-2008, 01:00 PM   #85

Ok, i'm going to restart act 4 today and do things in different order maybe it works. I hate you all that are too lazy to upload an act 5 savegame. Oh ye and the betatesters. And the developers. And the publishers.
Old 03-14-2008, 09:11 PM   #86

Default End of Act 1

I am stuck!!! I have done everything that the walkthrough says for me to do, but my notebook says I still need to read the newspaper article about Mrs Porter. Where is this article? I'm so frustrated!!!
Old 03-16-2008, 08:07 AM   #87

Does any one have a saved game for when Poirot gives the Great Dane the sandwich, my game crashes there.
Old 04-13-2008, 01:33 PM   #88

Default chapter 2

hello!
i'm new here...so hey everyone...
have a question...i'm totaly stuck in ch.2.. i've done everything, talked to everyone...read a walkthrough to check and i did...but the chapter still doesn't end! the finger has no more clues an poirot keeps telling me that some of the employees are away from their stations and i should snoop...well i have.a lot...
what am i missing? please please help
Old 04-13-2008, 07:09 PM   #89

Quote:
Originally Posted by leila_lou View Post
hello!
have a question...i'm totaly stuck in ch.2.. i've done everything, talked to everyone...read a walkthrough to check and i did...but the chapter still doesn't end! the finger has no more clues an poirot keeps telling me that some of the employees are away from their stations and i should snoop...well i have.a lot...
I think I was stuck at this point as well and what I had "forgotten" to do was to look out the lookout in the hotel with the binoculars. You can look out in two directions with them. Otherwise, it's probably something little like that. I really don't like the fact that you can get stuck on such small details and there is no real help on what to do besides the walkthrough.

Spoiler:
You should see the sailboat with the red sail in out one view and the submarine scope in the other

I'm reviewing this game and I'm stuck at the end of act 4 with the car bug. I didn't realize a patch was released for this game so I downloaded and installed it but that didn't seem to fix the problem for me. The link on the official site for the patch doesn't even work but it's mirrored on other sites.
Old 04-14-2008, 11:32 AM   #90

thanx for the reply...
i did look through the binocular in both directions an saw the sailboat and the submarine...this realy sux..it feels like the game is playing tricks with me
Old 04-14-2008, 12:18 PM   #91

I have just finished this game and had no dead ends, I did have problems with slow transitions and in one part a totally white screen! After downloading the patch though that was corrected. Am wracking my brains trying to think what you could have missed!! Times like this I wish I had taken notes....
Old 04-14-2008, 12:28 PM   #92

Quote:
Originally Posted by leila_lou View Post
hello!
Hmmmm the only places I can think of snooping when employees are away from their stations is:
Spoiler:
check out the maids trolley and the shed on the beach?
Old 04-15-2008, 12:22 PM   #93

Quote:
Originally Posted by sue3737 View Post
Hmmmm the only places I can think of snooping when employees are away from their stations is:
Spoiler:
check out the maids trolley and the shed on the beach?
hej..welll...i did that too..and took evrything there was to take. it's totaly bizzare.
Old 04-16-2008, 12:37 PM   #94

Have you also checked everything in Mrs Castle's office? thats the only other employees place I can think of when they are away from their station...ie:her office? I am curious to know what can solve this for you
Old 04-20-2008, 11:36 AM   #95

Quote:
Originally Posted by sue3737 View Post
Have you also checked everything in Mrs Castle's office? thats the only other employees place I can think of when they are away from their station...ie:her office? I am curious to know what can solve this for you
hey...yes, i have. I have literally done all there is to do...I have checked in all of the hints and walkthroughs. It's realy starting to annoy me. i dont want quit it, 'cause I like the game...
someone heeeeeellllpppp
Old 04-21-2008, 03:08 PM   #96

Leila,

If you go back to Poirot's flat, does he give you a hint about Leatherbridge? Because I was where you were for ages and ages and I went on the sea tractor, went in to the woman's shop and picked up a leaflet at the door - it automatically ended the act. Hope this helps.

Last edited by laurak; 04-21-2008 at 03:24 PM.
Old 01-07-2009, 06:39 PM   #97

Default Letter of Regret

Hello all - I'm making my way through Act 5, and I can't seem to find this torn letter everyone speaks of. I looked in the wastebasket in the Gardener's room, and there was a letter, but it was already put together, a typewritten letter. Am I missing something?

Help!
Old 01-24-2009, 12:56 PM   #98

hi everyone. i am stucked in act 2. i did everything needs to be done. i got the bird book,i got the brush with oil and detergant, i got the bird and linda in my bathroom. but everytime i try to wash the bird, i click on linda and she tells me it is not time to talk :S i could not wash the bird anyway... i try someone else, i went to talk to mr.oakley he is not talking to me either. and there is nobody else what should i do? what did i do wronggg? please helpppp, i am going crazyyyyy thnx
Old 11-25-2009, 04:17 AM   #99

Default Rum and grenadine?

Okay, I have the dark rum in the glass. I have the cough syrup in the grenadine bottle. However, neither the bartender nor the beach attendant will talk to me, so I can't make the drink required!!! Both of them say they're not in the mood to talk. I didn't get a menu to order from either, or have somehow lost it. Am I stuck? Do I have to start the game over?
Old 05-30-2010, 05:05 AM   #100

Does anyone have a saved game in the end of act 5? I'm stuck there, the letter can't be merged-but I know for sure that the pieces are in the right places!!! I don't want to start the game all over again!! Please, somebody help me!!!