Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   Hint Requests and Technical Problems (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/hint-requests-technical-problems/)
-   -   Evil Under the Sun (use spoiler tags where necessary) (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/hint-requests-technical-problems/21162-evil-under-sun-use-spoiler-tags-where-necessary.html)

misslilo 12-07-2007 03:21 AM

You have to check every area and every room and find the right person to talk to, so you can trigger the last action.
Check the finger of suspecious for whom it is and what to do.

annaluna 12-07-2007 06:55 AM

@saanvic

there is a glitch in the game that won't let you go on if the fixed car isn't gone from the garage, have a look and if the car is still there then this happened in your case.
apparently there is no fix for this, the only thing you can do is go back to a saved game and make sure to leave the fixing of the car for last thing before you get back,then check to see if the fixed car is gone from the garage , if so, you can go on with your game.
i hope what i write makes sense to you ,lol, i had the same problem and i was wondering around for hours without being able to see anyone..the island seemed deserted all of a sudden..
anna

Saanvik 12-07-2007 08:01 AM

That's exactly it, Annaluna. You're right, when I go through it again, the car doesn't leave the garage.

I did leave the fixing of the car for the last thing before I left the mainland. Same result.

I suppose I'll need to go back further to see if I missed anything else. Thanks for helping me. I really thought I was losing my mind.

I don't suppose anyone has a saved game they'd be willing to send me, do they?

annaluna 12-07-2007 10:16 AM

i'm sorry i haven't any saved games, but you could try just once more, do everything that can be done in the island before you leave, then go to the mainland , do everything there is to be done, then the car, it worked for me , it was in some french forum,lol, i think lots of people wrote to the developpers with no results so far:(
i hope someone else can help you out with a saved game:)
anna

Shay 12-08-2007 07:42 PM

Evil Under The Sun

Hi guys - first time in a forum.

I've been crusing through EUTS but am stuck with this letter in Chapter 5. I can see that a lot of others have had the same issue so if anyone could shed some light it would be much appreciated!
Thanks

emileeohhbaby 12-09-2007 09:39 AM

Ughh. I'm stuck in chapter 2! I can't figure out what to get for oakleys (sp?) present from his wife. And I don't know how to get the oil off the bird and i have no idea how to make everything better between linda and that one guy and stuff. SOMEONE HELLPP!!

romelus 12-15-2007 10:50 PM

you need a few items from leathercomb bay. call for the sea tractor

i am stuck at the end of act 2. i have every task crossed off. the finger says i need to talk to arlena marshall. but where is she? i've looked everywhere!

d2vge 12-20-2007 10:51 AM

...Sorry, figured it out.

lauribee 12-25-2007 01:21 AM

Evil Under the Sun - Level 6 stuck-Didnt get letter

I have spoken to everyone, i have gotten the telegram, i go to the police station, and he doesnt give me the Miss Porters info, does anyone know why this might be?

Loki 01-06-2008 12:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by romelus (Post 452490)
i am stuck at the end of act 2. i have every task crossed off. the finger says i need to talk to arlena marshall. but where is she? i've looked everywhere!

I'm stuck at the exact same spot. If you figure it out, please let me know. :frown:

annaluna 01-06-2008 04:03 PM

did you look at the rocky beach , the one before you reach the hotel? i think she must be there
anna

Loki 01-06-2008 05:15 PM

That's where she was, thanks much. :) :kiss:

GaspaR 01-07-2008 01:48 PM

hi
i have stuck in the end of the fifth chapter
i have done all the tasks, talked to everyone i could find but the game won't move me to the next chapter..
I tried the finger of suspicion but HP says it can't help at this moment(which means it's not a person thing) and if i ask HP to advice me, he doesn't say anything!Hasting just says he has stuck and after that he says "thanks i'll keep that in mind" lol
Any ideas?Imo it's probably a bug cause i had another save where the finger said i should talk to the garage boy but i had already talked to him and did everything else i could do(find stuff, examine etc)..
Any ideas??

dscalise75 01-18-2008 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saanvik (Post 451424)
I'm completely stuck near the end of Chapter 4. Here's where I'm at (let me know if I should put more of this in spoilers)

Spoiler:
I finished the points in the garage and rode back to the island where I can dig up the treasure, go into the secret passage, get the coat, but then I can do precisely nothing.

I read the walkthough and it says when digging up the treasure the Gardeners are close by when digging up the treasure. That wasn't true for me. Up to that point, everything matched. The walkthrough then says after getting the coat, you should be able to talk with Emily Brewster on the rocky beach. Nope, she's not there. As a matter of fact, no one is on the island except Mr. North on the sea tractor beach. I can't call Will for the sea tractor, and I can't talk to Mr. North.

I ran through the walkthrough with a saved game and I don't think I've missed anything.

Any ideas? Where are the people? What can I do?

I am sooo stuck at the end of chapter 4! I have done EVERYTHING, and yet can not find where to "dig up the treasure". I have tried using the shovel on every area in the game with absolutely no luck. The car is no longer in the garage (I fixed it), I've spolken to everyone I could. HP keeps telling me to go back to Smugglers Pub but that's not going to help until I dig somewhere!! I have read the walkthrough over and over and I have not missed anything!! Any help???

mysty_eyez38 02-13-2008 01:39 PM

Evil under the sun

Im all done with Chapter 2 but at the end it does not go automatically back to Poirots office, it doesnt do anything..I tried clicking on the finger of suspicion but it doesnt tell me anything and Poiroit says it wont help me at this time..Can someone pls help me..Im not sure either if you have to complete everything in a certain order if maybe thats it or what..ive gone back thru twice and still the same results..have accomplished everything on the list and still nothing...HELP PLS!

Joystick 02-14-2008 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dscalise75 (Post 456518)
I am sooo stuck at the end of chapter 4! I have done EVERYTHING, and yet can not find where to "dig up the treasure". I have tried using the shovel on every area in the game with absolutely no luck. The car is no longer in the garage (I fixed it), I've spolken to everyone I could. HP keeps telling me to go back to Smugglers Pub but that's not going to help until I dig somewhere!! I have read the walkthrough over and over and I have not missed anything!! Any help???

Spoiler:
To find out the treasure you have to talk to Bagby (the bartender on the mainland) about the highest island point. He tells you it is the summit (it is just up the path leading to cutter's cove from the hotel exit near the tennis court). When finished talking go to Smuggler's pub on Seadrift island and check the dart board on the wall left to Poirot when he enters. It is a map! Go to island summit and watch the cutscene in which Poirot digs up the tennis court. After that go back to the mainland and talk to Bagby again. Return to the island and head towards the path leading towards the Rocky Beach. A cutscene should trigger in which Poirot finds the treasure.

jen1972 02-17-2008 01:29 PM

act 1

I just started this game im sooo stuck the last thing i need to do is find the last rock and that last women....can someone help

jen1972 02-19-2008 04:53 AM

im stuck on act one :( everyone says to go to the beach to find that last women to talk to so i can build the bird thing.,.... but i cant find her i know of only one beach, or do i need to go through the monistary to get to her?? god im soooo confused :((((((

misslilo 02-19-2008 05:22 AM

When you get to the stairs down to a beach, keep going straight forward - and hold to the left, past the ruins on the left.

jen1972 02-19-2008 09:59 AM

so i went back maybe im just direction illertate but went back to monistary,(screen is all white) talked to the person there. came back out and still lost... do you know if there is like a map or something i can follow.. this is getting a bit frustating... thank you soooo much for ur hep