Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   Hint Requests and Technical Problems (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/hint-requests-technical-problems/)
-   -   Evil Under the Sun (use spoiler tags where necessary) (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/hint-requests-technical-problems/21162-evil-under-sun-use-spoiler-tags-where-necessary.html)

walsh2509 11-09-2007 01:19 PM

http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s48/mefw/letter.jpg

Have read it through as it makes sense but it still won't "merge" and move to my documents.

I take it you don't need to do things in order in a level ?

walsh2509 11-09-2007 02:13 PM

ok fixed the letter ...

But there is still the matter of the hair samples, I took both out and put them under the microscope and when I put them together I was shown a picture of 2 strands of hair and HP mentioned something about the colour.

Task done and now both samples of hair are no longer in my bag, but in my notes the check hair under microscope is still open and NOT scored through?

I have spoken to everyone and have no other Qs for them and I have collected everything I can from the rooms and did the Jar test, the only thing open on my tasks is to check hair under mircoscope but I've done that and no w can't do it over as sample are now gone.

I don't know what to do , other than start over

adventurergr 11-09-2007 02:15 PM

I don't know if that'll fix your problem, but for all it takes, there's a mistake in the line before the end. You have to change piece 3 with piece 4 (counting from left to right). It should read:

Spoiler:
to work with one another at some future time

[edit]Ahhh, should have been faster. :)[/edit]

walsh2509 11-09-2007 03:12 PM

done that thanks anyway ...

But do you know of anything that can fix the HAIR MICROSCOPE problem?

Put the burnt hair and the hair off the brush under the scope and seen 2 strands side by side and HP then mentions something about the colour of the hair. Both samples are now gone from my "bag" but in the HP tasks section the "compare hair under the microscope" is not scored through like the other tasks I have completed.

walsh2509 11-10-2007 04:05 AM

must have had something to do with the saves I made, but these were AFTER I tested both threads of hair. I went back to the store and the brush had a hair sample just like the 1st time I did it and I done it again and this time it worked.

Completed the game , it was good but not great

beverheim 11-22-2007 12:22 PM

I am stuck at the end of chapter 6. Have done everything, even tried to go back and do everything according to this walkthrough: http://www.gameboomers.com/wtcheats/...nderthesun.htm

Still, the chapter wont end. According to the walkthough,
Spoiler:
this is supposed to happen in the post office, after the heroin is analyzed: Watch Kenneth Marshall call and tries to wake up Linda. She took Trional.

What have I forgotten to do? Is there a bug?

Anyone has a savegame that works, just before or after this scene?

Iona 11-29-2007 11:22 AM

how do i get through that tunnel? he says he needs some means to know which way to go.

Dale Baldwin 11-29-2007 11:26 AM

You won't be able to get the thing that allows you to fully navigate the tunnels until 25th August 1940, late morning. (By which time you'll have received 5 clues about the finger of suspicion).

Iona 11-29-2007 11:32 AM

then why could i get in the tunnel?

Dale Baldwin 11-29-2007 11:35 AM

To find an item down there.
Spoiler:
The coin

Poirot just doesn't want to get lost by going any further.

Iona 11-29-2007 11:39 AM

yes, but now i can't get out

Dale Baldwin 11-29-2007 11:43 AM

Uhh... you should be able to go back the way you came.

Iona 11-29-2007 11:45 AM

nevermind, i got out, thanks.

Iona 11-30-2007 08:45 AM

how do i analyze the hair under the microscope?i can't put the brush there.

annaluna 12-01-2007 11:48 AM

lona
Spoiler:
if you double-click on your brush in the inventory , you can look at it closer with the magnifying glass and get the hairs you need

hope this helps:)
anna

Bayou Girl 12-02-2007 08:13 PM

Bird Blind

This is my first adventure game ~ so bear with me. Can anyone help with building the bird blind? I have everything needed just not sure on how to arrange the items.

annaluna 12-03-2007 04:16 PM

bird blind

if you have everything
Spoiler:
two stones two posts and a rope

you just click then one by one on the unfinished blind and they will be arranged automatically, HTH:)
anna

Bayou Girl 12-03-2007 05:44 PM

Okay, I didn't have everything, but you knew that. Thanks for the help.

annaluna 12-04-2007 08:38 AM

you are welcome:) feel free to ask again for help, a number of us have finished the game and it's not very easy for a first adventure:)
anna

Saanvik 12-06-2007 06:04 PM

Stuck trying to finish Chapt. 4 - where are the people?

I'm completely stuck near the end of Chapter 4. Here's where I'm at (let me know if I should put more of this in spoilers)

Spoiler:
I finished the points in the garage and rode back to the island where I can dig up the treasure, go into the secret passage, get the coat, but then I can do precisely nothing.

I read the walkthough and it says when digging up the treasure the Gardeners are close by when digging up the treasure. That wasn't true for me. Up to that point, everything matched. The walkthrough then says after getting the coat, you should be able to talk with Emily Brewster on the rocky beach. Nope, she's not there. As a matter of fact, no one is on the island except Mr. North on the sea tractor beach. I can't call Will for the sea tractor, and I can't talk to Mr. North.

I ran through the walkthrough with a saved game and I don't think I've missed anything.

Any ideas? Where are the people? What can I do?