You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Hint Requests and Technical Problems Barrow Hill - how to transfer savegames?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-04-2007, 09:43 PM   #1

Default Barrow Hill - how to transfer savegames?

Hello everyone, I've recently bought a new notebook and I would like to finish Barrow Hill on that particular laptop. All my savegames are, of course, located on the old one. Here's the problem: I don't know how to transfer them to my new notebook. Here's what I've done and didn't work: I've copied all the .sav files from my old laptop to my new one (to BH installation folder), that didn't help.
So my question to you guys, is: how do I transfer my old savegames to my new laptop? I would hate to play the game from the beggining (especially since I've heard that there are different endings depending of what you do).
Please help. Thank you!
Old 10-05-2007, 05:02 PM   #2

Anyone? Do I really have to play the game again?

BUMP
Old 10-05-2007, 05:08 PM   #3
Super Moderator

Did you see a specific Save Games folder to put them in. I don't have it on my computer anymore so I can't remember where it is. It might be in the My Documents folder or in the Barrow Hill folder in Program Files. That's all I can think of for now. If that doesn't work and you don't get another answer here, you can always contact support over at Shadow Tor Studios.
Old 10-05-2007, 05:23 PM   #4

Unfortunately, they are not in My doc. There are 10 .sav files in the installation folder and I've already copied them from the old notebook to the new one, but nothing happens.
If nobody comes up with an answer, I'll contact support, thanks.

P.S. This is the first time I cannot transfer savegames - I've even transferred them from registry and succeeded (Neverhood).
Old 10-05-2007, 06:40 PM   #5
Super Moderator

Do you have the original version that was sold by the developer of a version after it was picked up by a publisher?

After I got home, I looked on my computer and I still have the game on here. I see the save game files in the Barrow Hill folder in Program Files. But mine seem to be labeled differently. If you have a different version, that may be why.

Old 10-06-2007, 07:22 PM   #6

I have the original game, I've bought it in a game store. My savegames are labeled exactly like yours, and yes, they are in the Barrow Hill folder. The prob is that when I transfer them (change the ones from the old comp to the new one - replace them) the game acts like It has never been played before (duh ). I honestly don't know what is the issue here. Of course, BH savegames on the old comp are there when I turn on the game. I cannot finish the game on the old comp 'cause my screen is broken and I've borrowed an lcd to transfer everything to the new lap. Thank you for your help! Guess I'll play from the beginning then.

P.S. I've just realized what you are saying - yes, my savegames are .sav files...but I do not think that is the reason for my problem 'cause I've checked that your save has the same amount of kb as mine. Oh, I don't know what to think anymore...Sorry for bothering you.

Last edited by Trexxie; 10-06-2007 at 07:33 PM.
Old 10-06-2007, 07:30 PM   #7
Super Moderator

Aw crud. Sorry you couldn't get it worked out. You weren't bothering me. I just wish I could have helped.

Last edited by Melanie68; 10-06-2007 at 07:36 PM.
Old 10-07-2007, 08:05 AM   #8
The Quiet One

I tried it this afternoon. I installed the game on my brother's laptop, copied some saved data from my pc to the laptop and then clicked on Refresh at the bottom and hey presto! See if clicking Refresh makes any difference.
Now Playing: Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars - The Director's Cut (DS and iPhone), DOOM 3: Resurrection of Evil, Hotel Dusk: Room 215, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Justice for All, Silent Hill - HD Collection
Recently Completed: Max Payne, Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne
Next: Bayonetta, Devil May Cry - HD Collection, Max Payne 3, Metal Gear Solid - HD Collection, Silent Hill: Downpour
Old 10-08-2007, 11:56 AM   #9

OMG, thank you, Alucard, for the solution and Melanie for trying!
I haven't even thought of hitting refresh 'cause I haven't noticed it - I was just seeing my savegames missing! So, it would be a bit harsh to say I'm dumb (hehe), let's say I was very eager to continue playing and didn't think that the refresh button was laughing at me in front of my face. Sooo happy now...You gals are the greatest!
Old 10-08-2007, 12:14 PM   #10
The Quiet One

Glad i could help, unlike Melanie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trexxie View Post
You gals are the greatest!
I'm a guy.
Now Playing: Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars - The Director's Cut (DS and iPhone), DOOM 3: Resurrection of Evil, Hotel Dusk: Room 215, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Justice for All, Silent Hill - HD Collection
Recently Completed: Max Payne, Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne
Next: Bayonetta, Devil May Cry - HD Collection, Max Payne 3, Metal Gear Solid - HD Collection, Silent Hill: Downpour
Old 10-09-2007, 08:24 AM   #11

Sorry for the confusion, thank you!