You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-02-2007, 01:52 PM   #1

Default Toonstruck help!

Right, i'm stuck on the bit where you have to get the chest from the fish bowl on the second cd.

A quick glance off the walkthroughs has suggested this is a time puzzle. Unfortunatly i'm have extreme difficulty trying to complete this puzzle. The fish seems to be too damn fast, but the time i get to the top of the stairs its already making a leap into the bowl.

Now its starting to piss me off. My computer i'm running it on is a p3 500mhz 128mb ram and i need advice. Has anyone managed to get to the chest on these specs? If not, what can i do? My other computer a p166 is too crap to even run the game. Is there a sort of technique or method of doing this?
Old 10-02-2007, 05:23 PM   #2

You may need to get a saved game which would place you after this part. I know that I had a problem with the Gift-O-Matic and the cook pot, and this was the only way I could continue with the game. If noone here has one, this site: http://www.mrbillsadventureland.com/ has a forum area where you can request one.
Old 10-03-2007, 12:48 AM   #3

Yeah, what s/he said. The problem is that the countdown moves way too fast on a newer computer. I had to use a cpu slowdown program to complete that part of the game.
Old 10-03-2007, 01:41 AM   #4

Now that in itself poses a few problems. My P3 500 has no usb connection device, my floppy drive on my computer doesn't work and the cd rw has mysteriously failed.

Time to play it on xp methinks. That just makes the situation all the more harder. even with dosbox.

Mind you, i did manage to succeed in getting the wacme gift o drop and escaping bb wolves stewing pot. After a lot of luck and calculation.