You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-15-2007, 07:14 PM   #1

Default Sam and Max Season 1 PC

Has anyone found a viewer that will allow the trailers, making of and other extra materials to run on this boxed game? I just got it today and even though I have an up to date video card which has no problem playing the game the extra disc aparently requires some oddball video codec that is not specified in its error message.

I haven't found it with a search of reviews so I'm hoping someone here has figured it out

Thanks
Old 09-15-2007, 07:23 PM   #2
Super Moderator

I'm not sure how to help you to be honest but, along with waiting for an answer here, you may want to shoot a mail to TAC's support team.
Old 09-15-2007, 09:54 PM   #3
fov
Rattenmonster

Windows Media Player is all you should need. (I work at Telltale and was one of the people involved in putting the bonus features together, and this is the first I've heard of any codec problems running the videos.)

What version of Media Player do you have installed?
Old 09-16-2007, 07:04 AM   #4

Turns out it was an unvalidated update to Windows Media Player. I'm surprised the popup didn't appear when the cd started. All is well now. Thanks for your prompt reply. I'm enjoying the game immensely, especially the bonus features!
Old 09-16-2007, 10:11 AM   #5
fov
Rattenmonster

Glad you're enjoying it.

There are some additional bonuses you might like at The Summer of Sam & Max (developer's commentary, bloopers, etc.) A lot of them contain spoilers, though, you might want to wait to watch them until you're done with the game.