Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   Hint Requests and Technical Problems (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/hint-requests-technical-problems/)
-   -   Hints for Anacapri? (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/hint-requests-technical-problems/20358-hints-anacapri.html)

Fien 07-08-2007 01:44 PM

Hints for Anacapri?

Hint no longer needed.

April 07-09-2007 12:48 AM

Hi,

but I need a hint...:frusty:

How do I get to the villa ( with the strange blue "somethings" )???

I visited the whole island and I'm really stuck...

Fien 07-09-2007 02:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by April (Post 424132)
Hi,

but I need a hint...:frusty:

How do I get to the villa ( with the strange blue "somethings" )???

I visited the whole island and I'm really stuck...

I don't know which villa you mean. Could you please be more specific? I'll help you if I can but you may be way ahead of me. To give you an idea of my progress without revealing much: I have met 3 animals/spirits and bought two bustickets.

April 07-09-2007 03:37 AM

Hi, I mean Villa San Michele. I think that you're ahead of me, I have no bustickets and I only met the turtle ( she's in my way ). All residents have disappeared and in my inventory I have the following: credit card, postcard 1, perfume, newspaper, tile, 2 envelopes, marble table, Cerio's diary. I actually don't have the PIN for getting money...:\

Fien 07-09-2007 05:04 AM

Yes, you're still at the beginning of the game. You were told Munthe at the Villa San Michele would like to see you, right? The game is very linear, I've noticed it's best to do as they tell you. :D Zip to the Piazza, right in front of the cafe where you had your coffee. Turn around, so you're facing the cafe with the piazza behind you. Now you should be able to turn either right or left. Right leads to the chair lift building, the ATM and the turtle. Left leads to the Villa. You already have the perfume, so you've been on this road. Go as far as you can (you may have to enter some building along the way and talk to someone first, I'm not sure) and use an item from your inventory.

April 07-09-2007 05:25 AM

Thanks for your answer, but I didn't make it...

You guide me to the doorway of the villa, I think it's this one:

http://img329.imageshack.us/img329/1230/villakj5.th.jpg

I can't use any item I have in my inventory here...

Is this the right way???

Fien 07-09-2007 05:35 AM

Hmm...

Did you read the newspaper? It has valuable info about which item to use.
Spoiler:
Use the postcard on the doorway. The portal will open and take you to a different place on Capri, where you will find Munthe.

Did you talk along the way to the guy who told you the Villa was not open to the public today?

Did you get as close as possible to the doorway in the pic when you tried to use the item?

April 07-09-2007 05:43 AM

Thank you very much...

I always stood IN the doorway and tried to combine the items...and that didn't work...

I didn't recognized the picture frame on the right side...

Fien 07-10-2007 03:05 AM

Well... I'm seriously stuck. Any help would be appreciated.

I was told to go see a monk in Cetrella. How to get there? No money or stuff to sell for the chair lift ticket. Can't go on foot either, the gate is closed.

The Sphinx puzzle: I thought I'd solved it, but no dice. No idea where I went wrong. Counted, recounted. Maybe I need to see the monk first? Or maybe I counted the wrong objects...? ;(
Spoiler:
9 circles on the marble top in front of the statue, 2 blue gecko's, 7 chairs in the dining room, 7 jars in the kitchen, 35 tin plates, 55 butterflies, floor tiles with 6 sides near the well makes... eh... 814. :crazy:

EDIT: Found the lemon, off to Cetrella. :))

April 07-10-2007 04:21 AM

I unfortunately can't help you, I'm not as far as you...

But I'm stuck too, again...:\

I'm "trapped" in the room with the five buttons on the closed door and I don't find the hint how to use them...

Fien 07-10-2007 05:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by April (Post 424390)
I'm "trapped" in the room with the five buttons on the closed door and I don't find the hint how to use them...

You mean the bedroom, with the clickable animal symbols on the door? If you don't know the code, you can't open the door. You have to find the code somewhere else. Trial and error won't help you either, the developers made that impossible (As long as you haven't found the code yet, one of the five buttons has only four symbols. The moment you find the code, it has five. ) But there's a way to get back to where you were before you found yourself in the bedroom. Read and examine everything carefully.

Spoiler:
Take the bottle on the nightstand with you and use it. A new clickable symbol will appear next to the save, jump, etc. buttons.

April 07-10-2007 06:34 AM

Hm, the things you mentioned I already knew them, but anyhow I have absolute no idea what I have to do...not in the real world nor in the dream...

I think this game is too difficult for me...:frusty:

Fien 07-10-2007 06:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by April (Post 424427)
Hm, the things you mentioned I already knew them, but anyhow I have absolute no idea what I have to do...not in the real world nor in the dream...

Like I said, just do as they tell you... really! :) Read again what Cerio said: he wants you to start your search in that Grotto. To get there, you need a bus ticket. You know where to get those? Near the piazza. So you want money from the ATM machine. But you don't know the code... Munthe sends you to the real world, where you can find the pin code.

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Next to the computer you see a piggy bank.

More spoiling:

Spoiler:
You see the same piggy bank in the dream world at the ATM. One thing is different in reality.

Last spoiler:

Spoiler:
The word piggy. Enter the word piggy in the ATM.

Fien 07-10-2007 10:28 PM

Well... I give up. Went to Cetrella, spoke to the Monk, don't know which cave he wants me to visit, can't do anything with the treasure chest (red herring?), can't get to Faro, can't solve the Sphinx riddle.

Unless someone has a hint for me, I'll wait for the walkthrough. I've been all over Anacapri many times, I know when I've been beaten.

EDIT: Muliply, you fool! Multiplying instead of adding... :)

April 07-11-2007 10:32 AM

Now I'm stuck at the second spirit.

What do I have to do there? I can't find a chronological order in the symbols...

What about the telescope?

Fien 07-11-2007 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by April (Post 424754)
Now I'm stuck at the second spirit.

What do I have to do there? I can't find a chronological order in the symbols...

What about the telescope?

Spoiler:
If you have found the extra pages of the diary (two sets: from Massimo at Marina Picola and near the telescope to the right), the order of the symbols is: the two pics with the disc and the shaman, the sitting figures, the worshipping figure and the skull. Your reward for solving the puzzle consists of 4 "elements" the turtle said you needed to attract 4 animals/spirits. Click on them to see the appropriate animal. Go back to the telescope, put the correct element near the cave entrance (no marked spot! just click on the ground) and watch through the telescope.

rothschild 07-12-2007 02:34 AM

I am in Palazzo a mare and how and what to do with the snake?????I am french and I don't speak a very good english ,excuse me but this snake annoy me

Fien 07-12-2007 03:45 AM

Nasssty sssnake eatsss you...?

Spoiler:
You have to do a lot of other stuff before you can talk to the snake. But you must put the snake-stone on the ground to calm him down because you have to get past him. If you can't put the stone down, try talking to Augustus again, he has a request for you.

BTW, I thought the animations of the snake and the dolphin really good! A pleasure to watch.

April 07-12-2007 06:33 AM

Me again...but I made my way - at least a bit...:)

How long do I have to play that funny scopa???

I've already won a round ( I made 11 points, but nothing happened )

Spoiler:
I'm trapped by the siren, I met the dolphin, I opened two doors in reality and played an won scopa

What do I have to do next? Beat that outlandish siren???

Fien 07-12-2007 07:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by April (Post 424979)
Me again...but I made my way - at least a bit...:)

How long do I have to play that funny scopa???

I've already won a round ( I made 11 points, but nothing happened )

Playing scopa in reality doesn't do anything, but it's good practice. You will play it in the dream world. Later.

Spoiler:
I'm trapped by the siren, I met the dolphin, I opened two doors in reality and played an won scopa

What do I have to do next? Beat that outlandish siren???

Spoiler:
Read the bit about sirens in the book Massimo gave you. The solution is in the real world.