You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-25-2007, 04:53 AM   #1
The Quiet One

Default GK1 - Mummies

Could someone give me some advice on how to avoid those bloody mummies in Gabriel Knight 1? As soon as i've placed that rod into the correct hole i go north and get to the third room, with that mummy blocking the doorway, but i can never seem to get around it. I've managed to get past the first few by merely brushing past them but this particular one gets me even when there's plenty of space between us.

I've been swearing like mad at this section, and it's soured my experience a tad. I really wish these sorts of puzzles weren't in adventure games!
Now Playing: Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars - The Director's Cut (DS and iPhone), DOOM 3: Resurrection of Evil, Hotel Dusk: Room 215, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Justice for All, Silent Hill - HD Collection
Recently Completed: Max Payne, Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne
Next: Bayonetta, Devil May Cry - HD Collection, Max Payne 3, Metal Gear Solid - HD Collection, Silent Hill: Downpour
Old 06-25-2007, 05:16 AM   #2

I remember being stuck here for quite some time as well.
If I remember correctly...
Spoiler:
In one room where there are loads of zombies (i.e. the room where you can't just brush past them) you need to click on a vine hanging from the ceiling and use it to swing around and so disable the zombies
Old 06-25-2007, 09:09 AM   #3
Freeware Co-ordinator

The above hint is for the room with multiple mummies. If it's just a single mummy you want to get past then.

Spoiler:
Click on the lower middle of the right wall then on the doorway. If I remember rightly this makes the mummy get hung up on a pillar of some sort allowing you to slip past.
No Nonsense Nonsonnets #43

Cold Topic

A thread most controversial, that’s what I want to start
Full of impassioned arguments, of posting from the heart
And for this stimulation all will be thankful to me
On come on everybody it won’t work if you agree
Old 06-25-2007, 12:40 PM   #4
The Quiet One

Aha, that's done it! Thanks for the tip stepurhan.
Now Playing: Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars - The Director's Cut (DS and iPhone), DOOM 3: Resurrection of Evil, Hotel Dusk: Room 215, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Justice for All, Silent Hill - HD Collection
Recently Completed: Max Payne, Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne
Next: Bayonetta, Devil May Cry - HD Collection, Max Payne 3, Metal Gear Solid - HD Collection, Silent Hill: Downpour
Old 06-25-2007, 05:50 PM   #5

I loved that section of the game. Just the relative slow pace of the first couple acts of the game, and then once the game has tricked you into believing that there'll be no life or death situations, suddenly you're attacked by the snake in the Voodoo museum, then thrown into an ancient lair with mummies acttacking you.

Absolutely love GK1.