You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-19-2007, 08:14 AM   #1
Broken Sword geek :P

Send a message via MSN to mariusmal
Default Zero Critical problems

hello there. im trying to run zero critical on windows xp sp2. i tried all the compatibility modes and nothing... the same error still appears when trying to run the game. "this program requires at least 3MB of virtual memory to run" lol missing the MS DOS times ppl ?

so can anyone help me

Broken sword zone. news articles and info about the saga including broken sword 4 of course. http://www.bszone.tk/
(thx from all the staff)

any adventure gamer who wants to chat. feel free to msn me
Old 04-21-2007, 10:07 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariusmal View Post
hello there. im trying to run zero critical on windows xp sp2. i tried all the compatibility modes and nothing... the same error still appears when trying to run the game. "this program requires at least 3MB of virtual memory to run" lol missing the MS DOS times ppl ?

so can anyone help me
Well I don't know if this is the same problem as what I had. In fact, I don't think I have ever used vitrual memory, but to get it to run on my computer I:

1. Set to Win98 compatibility mode (not Win95).
2. Check all the boxes except "run in 256 colors"
3. Turn OFF all sound acceleration
4. Run the program.

If it is still talking about virtual memory then it looks like you must have some sort of virtual memory thingamabob. Seriously, how much memory to you have on your computer? GIve us your computer specs and, if possible, a more detail explanation of the problem.
Old 04-21-2007, 06:39 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sotaria View Post
Well I don't know if this is the same problem as what I had. In fact, I don't think I have ever used vitrual memory, but to get it to run on my computer I:

1. Set to Win98 compatibility mode (not Win95).
2. Check all the boxes except "run in 256 colors"
3. Turn OFF all sound acceleration
4. Run the program.

If it is still talking about virtual memory then it looks like you must have some sort of virtual memory thingamabob. Seriously, how much memory to you have on your computer? GIve us your computer specs and, if possible, a more detail explanation of the problem.
i have 1G of memory lol. like i said i tried compats modes etc etc...

Broken sword zone. news articles and info about the saga including broken sword 4 of course. http://www.bszone.tk/
(thx from all the staff)

Old 04-21-2007, 07:23 PM   #4

Try this. Go to "Control Panel" and then look under "Performance." Go to "Advanced" and you should see an option for "virtual memory." Having said that, mine is apparently only set for less than one megabyte of virtual memory but the game runs fine on my system, so there might be something else going on here. Nevertheless, change that to 3 MB and see if that works for you.

Let me know if it works.
Old 04-23-2007, 10:42 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sotaria View Post
Try this. Go to "Control Panel" and then look under "Performance." Go to "Advanced" and you should see an option for "virtual memory." Having said that, mine is apparently only set for less than one megabyte of virtual memory but the game runs fine on my system, so there might be something else going on here. Nevertheless, change that to 3 MB and see if that works for you.

Let me know if it works.
gonna try that more later when i get home from work. thx for the help

(thx from all the staff)