You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Hint Requests and Technical Problems Woodruff and the Schnibble of Azimuth on WinXP

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-20-2007, 10:00 AM   #1

Send a message via MSN to usman Send a message via Yahoo to usman
Default Woodruff and the Schnibble of Azimuth on WinXP

Hi,

I like to find some help to play Woodruff and the Schnibble of Azimuth on Windows XP.

While installing the game gives "Zero Devide" Error. I also have run the same with VMD Sound but no luck

I dont like to use Dosbox either. Is it possible to play this game on Win XP ?

Thanks
Old 03-20-2007, 06:48 PM   #2

I don't have my CD with me here, so I can't try it, but I didn't have any problems with installation. Maybe only with those useless Sierra hardware tests. When exactly you get this error?

And after installation, you must set in properties of woodruff.exe "Run in 256 colors".

Btw, you can't run it in DOSBox either, unless you have Windows 3.x installed in there.

Running Slackware Linux
Old 03-21-2007, 02:19 PM   #3
Sky is not the limit

Send a message via ICQ to Zanthia Send a message via Yahoo to Zanthia

I didn't get any error while installing aether. Try checking the 'Compatible with windows 95' option in the properties of the exe file.
Old 01-02-2008, 11:32 AM   #4

Sorry for bringing this thread up, but starting a new one for the same topic would be pointless.

So, I also have troubles with running the game. I've been looking for help for some time, and met with quite a number of issues and their solution (tried out most of them), but none of them helped with this one yet:

After I install and start the game, the usual 'Intinitializing...' window pops up for a second, then comes the random loading image... when an error occurs with the following message:

'System_error : 1.
LoadCache : botte2 inconnu'

In the case of the game, as far as I'm aware, 'System_error : 1.' is solved by copying the WMDO file into the game folder, but this one's different. Has anyone met with this problem or something similar?

For usman's problem (if help still means something), the Zero Devide error is solved by editing the MDO file: WINRAM:0. This is also supposed to solve the '2600 Kbytes of Memory' problem, as I heard.