You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Hint Requests and Technical Problems The Sacred Rings Hint Thread (use spoilers when needed)

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-19-2007, 08:42 PM   #1

Default The Sacred Rings Hint Thread (use spoilers when needed)

So I am stuck at the geographical puzzle were you need switch maps and use this hint S, S, W, W, S, W, N, W, S. Lol heeeeelp.
Old 03-20-2007, 12:52 AM   #2

Insane puzzle, isn't it? There are three things that you should do in this puzzle :

Spoiler:
switch to the appropriate part of the map by using the lever, move the spot to the co-ordinates of the point where you are by using the middle buttons with the symbols on them and then follow the right path to the valley by using the arrow keys.

For the first part,
Spoiler:
you should go back to the library and check the diary on the desk once more to get a clear idea how the map should look like.

It is a design mistake that the game does not keep this piece of information in your journal, but it forces you to go back and forth.
Spoiler:
After you are sure how it looks like, return to the puzzle and move the lever till you get the right map.

The second part is easier.
Spoiler:
You know the symbols corresponding to your current location from the steering wheel. You know only two symbols, but you don't need more (the leftmost could be whatever, it doesn't matter).

This is another design mistake, since it confuses the player that he may have missed something. Anyway, the spot moves to the point where you are.

I could not understand the logic of the third part. The MaGtRo's walkthrough mentions that the navigation code you have is for the route from the valley to the "land of the forgotten", which supposedly is the place where you are. So, what you have to do is
Spoiler:
to invert the route from the house to the valley

Even so, I could not in the end understand why this is the route that I had to follow. I bet it is easier to work it in a "trial-and-error" mode, making sure that the lights at the lower part turn on, while making your steps toward the valley.

Last edited by Amerzone; 03-20-2007 at 11:36 AM.
Old 03-20-2007, 03:58 AM   #3

I did figure out how to do this puzzle, I even made a save just in front of the desk to check the map every now and then, but still I couldn't even make any head and tose on how it should look like, or if north, south, east, west have been inversed etc...

crazy stuff lol, anyway thanks alot for the help.
Old 03-20-2007, 10:45 AM   #4

I may be wrong about that this is the right place to ask... but sorry in advance. So... anyone knows where I can find a walkthrough for The Sacred Rings. I admit... this is one hell of advanture! More difficult then the most titles!
Old 03-20-2007, 11:41 AM   #5

MaGtRo's walkthrough is here

http://www.gameboomers.com/wtcheats/...alkthrough.htm
Old 03-20-2007, 12:00 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amerzone View Post

Thank you a lot!
Old 03-22-2007, 07:39 PM   #7

Default Hmm

I have done this and the steering wheel, set 5 crystals to on and tried left lever, says i have forgotten something???
Old 03-23-2007, 03:13 PM   #8

Yes, it happened to me too. You have forgotten to activate one or more of the stands (those with the colour wedges on them.) You will know that everything is set, when the light path on the panel is complete (you remember the cutscenes, I guess).

I lost a lot of time until to realise that I should not take the crystal from the pump room. If you take it, the pump stops which de-activates the stand. You will need this crystal later, for the time being leave it in the pump room.
Old 03-25-2007, 08:28 AM   #9
Crazy

@ Chaos, I'm pretty sure you only want 4 crystals active to use the steering wheel. The symbol for the 'Control Room' matches with 4 crystals in the key. EDIT - I'm wrong about this. Amerzone is right, or you haven't put in the coordinates.

EDIT - Solved my own mistake.

Last edited by Keyser Soze; 03-25-2007 at 09:11 AM.
Old 03-26-2007, 07:54 AM   #10

Default the Sacred Rings inventory disaperance

The waterlamp went pouf and I am stuck, good thing I made multiple saves.
Old 03-26-2007, 09:20 PM   #11

Is anyone else having a problem with not being able to access their inventory in the cemetary? I right click and its just black. I tried exiting and restarting and that didn't solve the issue. I can't move forward with the puzzle at crypt two without an inventory item. Any ideas?
Old 03-29-2007, 06:50 PM   #12

Hi All,

Just started playing the game and was really enjoying it when I came to a problem. I cannot get power to the bridge. I am pretty sure I have done everything that there is to do, ( I went through the walkthrough step by step). I have power to the geographic table but cannot use the handle or the direction arrows. I did have a little problem when I was loading the first disc, a window popped up while disc one was loading up saying that something could not load properly so I hit the ignore button after retrying a few times. Not knowing for sure whether I haven't done everything completely right in the game, I need to know if the initial load problem is why I am now stuck or have I missed something in the
Can someone please help me, I'd like to get back to the game.
Richard.
Old 04-04-2007, 01:58 PM   #13

I am having a heck of a time getting the blue thing on the wall to light up. I have the green, yellow and orange, but the last one is causing me a lot of problems. Any words of wisdom would be greatly appreciated if anyone else got stuck here. Thank you kindly!!
Old 04-07-2007, 09:33 AM   #14

Yeah, I am really going crazy... I have no idea what to do.. How turn on the blue one?
Old 04-10-2007, 09:34 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Help001 View Post
I am having a heck of a time getting the blue thing on the wall to light up. I have the green, yellow and orange, but the last one is causing me a lot of problems. Any words of wisdom would be greatly appreciated if anyone else got stuck here. Thank you kindly!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ginger View Post
Yeah, I am really going crazy... I have no idea what to do.. How turn on the blue one?
I have the same problem. I set four cristals and turn on the blue light in the engine room and I turn the wedge to the right position, but still the blue path in the panel doesn't light up. Can you give a hint here, please!
Old 04-14-2007, 01:30 AM   #16

I got it guys. You have to be on the right map when you set the coordinates! This means that you have to pull the lever for the maps 3 times and then set the coordinates.
Old 04-14-2007, 11:24 PM   #17

I think that confused me more, but it's late and I'm not all there, so I'll try it in the am

Last edited by Help001; 04-15-2007 at 03:38 PM.
Old 04-16-2007, 07:32 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulhealth View Post
I got it guys. You have to be on the right map when you set the coordinates! This means that you have to pull the lever for the maps 3 times and then set the coordinates.
But i can't pull the lever. How can I activate it?
Old 04-17-2007, 10:29 AM   #19

OK, I got it. To power the geographic table and use the handle or the direction arrows you have to set on the table icons seen on steering wheel. Only the first icon on left will not change. When you set it correct, the handle will be activated, then you have to pull the lever 3 times and then set the coordinates.
Old 04-18-2007, 07:49 AM   #20
Super Moderator

If you'd like to share some impressions and info about the game, go here.

Thanks.