Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   Hint Requests and Technical Problems (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/hint-requests-technical-problems/)
-   -   The Sacred Rings (tech problems) (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/hint-requests-technical-problems/19230-sacred-rings-tech-problems.html)

Bjorn2404 03-14-2007 02:07 PM

The Sacred Rings (tech problems)

I'm reviewing this game and I'm wondering if anyone else is having problems with it.

So far, I haven't been able to play for more than five minutes without it freezing up. Also, I'll get these awful audio (what I think are) problems - loud buzzing, crackling, etc.

I meet the recommended requirements and don't have problems with any other games.

I'll be contacting TAC if I cannot get it resolved soon. I am just curious to see if anyone else is experiencing these issues.

Keyser Soze 03-14-2007 02:53 PM

I wish I had the game to have issues with.

How old are your audio drivers and what is your audio chip? It sounds like a sound acceleration problem to me.

Start > Run > DxDiag - Open the sound tab and move the slider down to basic or to none (try basic first). If that doesn't help, you can try disabling your audio completely in the device manager (requires a restart). If you still have problems after disabling your audio you know it's not a sound crash.

Bjorn2404 03-14-2007 04:18 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Thanks.

I tried what you suggested - same thing happens with basic and disabled. It threw an error message at me which I attached. I received a similar error on one of my previous attempts with the sound card enabled.

It is an older sound card - Hercules Gamesurround Fortissimo III 7.1 but I have no problem playing newer titles such as Oblivion.

I'm going to try to install it on my laptop and see how that goes.

Bjorn2404 03-14-2007 04:37 PM

Same thing happens on my laptop... time to email The Adventure Company.

Keyser Soze 03-14-2007 04:42 PM

:frusty: I'd say so.

Amerzone 03-18-2007 11:51 AM

I'm playing it right now, and I haven't encountered any problems so far.

overberger 03-20-2007 01:47 PM

Problems

Just bought it. A no-go under Vista (I know, I know). Says Vista on the box..has Vista "instructions" in the readme..(duh..use XP compatibility mode). Get through the intro and get black screen with immobile game cursor. I've decide the best adventure/puzzle game there is would be trying to get software to run under a new operating system.

any help would be appreciated..other than "Go back to XP"

Chuck O

Keyser Soze 03-22-2007 04:35 AM

What's your video card? Driver support for Vista is a complete joke, at best, right now for gaming. Check to make sure you have the absolute newest drivers available for your card under Vista. ATI and nVidia alike have relatvely new drivers for Vista that have made some improvement.

overberger 03-23-2007 05:35 AM

I've got an Nvidia Go7600. Have the newest Beta 100 level drivers. Have tried older drivers, different settings, etc. Same result. The intro plays without any problems. Most games I've tried do work (some tweaking required..HL2, Stalker, and Sherlock Homes awakened, for example.).

Keyser Soze 04-01-2007 10:40 AM

I hate to bump this thread for something so small, but this is still really bugging me. Is there any way to change the resolution, having it fixed at 1024x768 seems so... strange.

Gknight 04-01-2007 02:07 PM

I've been having problems with the save game slots. I save the games just before exiting only to find out not all games were saved. :frusty:

skybird 06-18-2007 09:30 AM

The game is running fine until I get to ring to make lightening. Suddenly I can't access my articles. Has anyone else has this problem and how did you fix it?