You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Hint Requests and Technical Problems OMG help me, Dreamfall chapter 5....

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-25-2007, 01:46 AM   #1
Tha

Default OMG help me, Dreamfall chapter 5....

(Possible spoiler..)
Yes... the chamber drive me crazyyyy... don't have time for this one..
Does anyone know how to skip chapter in Dreamfall??
Well.. I dont really want to skip the whole chapter.. JUST GET APRIL OUT OF THE CHAMBER... drive me nuts..

BTW, I love dreamfall, I think it's way better than TLJ 1, I can really involve with the story. I care about my ex-boyfriend being missing, etc rather than a complicated story about balance..

So please help me I really want to finish this game and found Reza but don't want to go through that chamber with all those stupid trolls... (too bad we can not fight it).

Btw, I've seen the walkthrough but still found it difficult (am i dumb or what) so if anyone can tell me how to skip this part that will be much appreciated.. Thanks.

And please.. no spoiler after chapter 5..
Old 01-25-2007, 10:38 AM   #2

I think I saw a mention in this on another thread - either here or over at
http://gameboomers.com

If you are in the chamber where the trolls take stuff and place stuff, you'll need to ntoice the order. Then, for some reason use force field.

However, if you are in another place... then I will see what I can dig up.
Old 01-25-2007, 11:36 AM   #3

Hee hee. I hear ya! I'm in the same frame of mind you are (and I posted about this last week)

Good luck! Post again when you get through it! I get frustrated and give up. I could use the motivation.
Old 01-29-2007, 08:15 AM   #4

I FINALLY got through those stupid caves!!

I had to use maps, walkthroughs, UHS hints, and saving every 30 seconds, but I finally got through it!

I don't think we are dumb. The bad camera and controls made that whole puzzle very difficult.

After I got past that, I wizzed through 4 chapters in one sitting.

Now I am back to being engrossed by one of the most beautiful and enthralling games I have ever played.

Dont let chapter 5 make you give up!
Old 02-19-2007, 05:40 AM   #5

I had the same problem with the trolls in ch. 5, I managed to get about halfway through by saving constantly, but I just wasn't having any FUN I found the controls difficult to use, and one mistep lead to instant peril. I gave up on the game for a few weeks until I rescued by a kindly saint on the TLJ forums who posted their save games, including one from right after you get out of the cave. Unfortunately however, they didn't put the brain back in Wonkers, so I missed out on that bit at the end of the game.

It's a shame, because I think the puzzle itself is quite interesting and despite it's wonderful story, Dreamfall doesnt offer a lot of good puzzles. I don't like to cheat or skip steps, but those darn trolls were just stressing me out and making my heart race, and that's not what I look for in an adventure game.

kthanxby
Old 03-18-2007, 12:09 PM   #6

I gave up when I got to the trolls. Is it worth my time downloading a save game so that I can play the rest of the game, or is it just more of the same?
Old 03-20-2007, 01:02 PM   #7
tsa
Playing character

That part is by far the worst chutney. It's worth downloading a save game.
Old 03-21-2007, 02:43 PM   #8
Passion Adventurist

Send a message via MSN to Hysteria

Yeah, I didn't like that chapter too.
Cause I am being nervous, panic and stuff... And somehow I manage finnishing that chapter and you know how? Somethings bugged. I mean, that troll who's walking around and checking didn't appear at all.. Dunno why...
Old 03-21-2007, 04:39 PM   #9
Super Moderator

The really big, bad troll only appears if he's alerted by the other patrolling trolls. If you never gave them cause to call him, he won't show up.