You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Hint Requests and Technical Problems Riddle of the Sphinx Quicktime error

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-31-2009, 10:59 PM   #21

Default Cleopatra, Riddle of the Tomb

I have been playing this game on my laptop. Recently I installed it on my desktop. It installed and when I try to run the game it goes through the Nobilis and Kheops and gets to where Cleo says My apartment is yours (or something similar) and the screen goes dark. I cannot play the game on my desktop. My video drivers are up to date and I am using XP on both computers. Why this problem?
Old 04-12-2010, 03:47 PM   #22

Has anybody tried to install this game under Win7 x64?
I would like to purchase this game, it got good reviews and the plot setting interests me a lot. However, since it causes quite a lot of problems under XP already, I fear that getting it to work properly under Win7 may be only a dream.
Old 11-06-2010, 08:54 AM   #23

Default Windows 7 install x64

I just installed the game and moved the Viva media folder to the C drive NOT the x86 folder...ran the install program @ http://support.viva-media.com/ program works!

Graphics very basic and still working on sequel "The Omega Stone" to work!!
Old 05-25-2011, 02:12 PM   #24

Default Riddle of the Sphinx multiple errors

Just like the party below, I have tried all the directions above and get the very same response. Viva media is mum on the subject.
I am at the point of requesting my money back and avoiding any future Viva media games like the plague!

Quote:
Originally Posted by leighk View Post
I have followed all the directions of previous threads which has helped, but...... now I am getting this error:

Director Player Error
Property not found
# DirectToStage

Script Error, continue?

What do I need to do now????? HELP????
Old 02-28-2012, 02:48 PM   #25

Same thing for me.

I bought and downloaded the game from here : http://www.bigfishgames.com/download...nxa/index.html

First I got an error when launching the game, which I solved by setting the compatibility to windows 2000.

Now I get through a few loading screens but I get this error :
Quote:
Director Player Error
Property not found
# DirectToStage

Script Error, continue?
And if I press 'yes' it just loops.

There's already an 'Xtras' folder with a bunch of '.x32' inside, and the game is already on C:, as well as quicktime.

I tried downgrading to quicktime 6 since it said I should but I get the exact same error.

The 'install_repair.exe' didn't do anything as well.

Any help?