Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   Hint Requests and Technical Problems (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/hint-requests-technical-problems/)
-   -   The Murder on the Orient Express Thread (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/hint-requests-technical-problems/17880-murder-orient-express-thread.html)

Kate10 11-22-2006 11:35 AM

The Murder on the Orient Express Thread

Hi! I need some help.:crazy:

I am at the room were the crime commited. What should I do at the window??? How can I check for fingerprints???

Thanks!!!

Pharmboy 11-22-2006 11:38 AM

You can't, yet, it would seem. Check everything and you will have to revisit the crime scene before you completely satisfy Poirot, but you will move the story along. Don't forget to examine everything you pick up via the second look option as well.

Kate10 11-22-2006 12:08 PM

I've collected everything. I went to Poirot and he tells me that there is more to do. What am I missing???

Once A Villain 11-22-2006 12:12 PM

Are you sure you checked everything in all the rooms you can go to? And in the room where the murder took place? Are you still on ACT I?

Kate10 11-22-2006 12:16 PM

Well I was missing the weapon. Thanks anyway!!!!!!! Found it!:D

stefan.leonte 11-22-2006 12:24 PM

Any tips on how to turn the heat back on?

Kate10 11-22-2006 01:03 PM

Now I'm stuck at the box in Princess Dragomiroff's room. How the hell does this box open?????????????

CoyoteAG 11-22-2006 02:49 PM

I'm so stuck and I'm getting frustrated because I'm just wandering in circle. I feel like I've tried to combine everything and looked at everything but I'm obviously missing something big. There are three things that I know I have to do but just can't figure out how:

Spoiler:
1. Get Electricity to the radio -- I know I need to use the statuette but it's telling me there is something else I have to do first and I haven't the foggiest.

2. Fix the snow shoes so I can go walking in the woods.

3. Fix the broken heat pipe.

If someone could just give me a couple of hints as to how to do one, two or all three of these things then I might stop crying. :P

stefan.leonte 11-22-2006 03:01 PM

I can provide you with a solution to 2)

Spoiler:
You need to get new snow shoes from the baggage cart. There you will find a crate that you open with a hammer that you get from the train mechanic.

Now, if someone has a solution for my problem:

Spoiler:
I have arrived at the sheppard cabin, but I don't know how to loose the furnace from the stove. Any tips?

CoyoteAG 11-22-2006 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stefan.leonte (Post 366665)
I can provide you with a solution to 2)

Spoiler:
You need to get new snow shoes from the baggage cart. There you will find a crate that you open with a hammer that you get from the train mechanic.

Thank you! I actually figured that out just before I came back here.
Spoiler:
But I can't get the stupid copper wire off the shoes. Am I missing an inventory item?

stefan.leonte 11-22-2006 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoyoteAG (Post 366671)
Thank you! I actually figured that out just before I came back here.
Spoiler:
But I can't get the stupid copper wire off the shoes. Am I missing an inventory item?

Here:
Spoiler:
You have to dismantle it with the tool from the right click menu, where you combine things (just put it in the right side and hit the button)

CoyoteAG 11-22-2006 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stefan.leonte (Post 366672)
Here:
Spoiler:
You have to dismantle it with the tool from the right click menu, where you combine things (just put it in the right side and hit the button)

Ugh! Thank you! That didn't even occur to me. I tried every inventory item! :frusty: Thanks again!

CoyoteAG 11-22-2006 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stefan.leonte (Post 366665)
Now, if someone has a solution for my problem:

Spoiler:
I have arrived at the sheppard cabin, but I don't know how to loose the furnace from the stove. Any tips?

Spoiler:
You need the pliers

Spoiler:
Look in the cabinet below the sink in one of the connecting bathrooms of the Athens-Paris coach.

Grayzor 11-23-2006 02:27 AM

Hi all just started on this game and already im stuck:

Spoiler:
I need to assemble a way to read the burned paper and i got the twizzers combined with the paper, i burned the lighter with the matches and i have the iron base of the hat. What must i do next?

Whellp! :)

Pharmboy 11-23-2006 04:16 AM

Grayzor, you need a second one of one of the items you list. Shouldn't be hard to figure out which, although I admit finding it took me a bit of time :).

stefan.leonte 11-23-2006 06:17 AM

I got stuck again. I don't know how to collect evidence (fingerprints) from objects (lamps, crates, etc). Any tips?

adyma 11-23-2006 08:27 AM

Hi Guys, please help me, I'm stuck to the crime sceene. I did almost everithing. Now I can't see the body, I can't go elsewhere, I look through the window, at fingerprints spot, but Poirot keep to send me back.

I collected this objects:

Gun
Hat
Thick Tumbler
Matchbox
Handkerchief
False Theeth
Sleeping Draught
Small Statuette
Scrap of burnt paper
Round Match
Flat Match
Stub of a cigar
Silver Pocket Watch
Spirit Lamp

What I have to do more ?

Thank you
Ady

kwbridge 11-23-2006 08:33 AM

adyma - have you examined all of those objects in your inventory?

stefan - the game is a little confusing in that you know you need to collect those fingerprints before you can actually do it. Have you been outside yet? Have you been in the kitchen? Have you taked to Lucien when he is at the mini-bar in the salon?

stefan.leonte 11-23-2006 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kwbridge (Post 366832)
stefan - the game is a little confusing in that you know you need to collect those fingerprints before you can actually do it. Have you been outside yet? Have you been in the kitchen? Have you talked to Lucien when he is at the mini-bar in the salon?

I have talked to everybody. I've done all the tasks that Poirot tells me to do, but when I talk to him, he says that I must find more evidence and there's some one else to interrogate. I talked to everybody already (including Lucien at the mini-bar, Klaus, the mechanic and the fireman), done the timeline, the fingerprints, the footprint, the alibi's.. All that he asked. Maybe I need to do the radio?

Edit:
What else do I need for the radio?

Spoiler:
I've put the bowl, the orange juice, the statue and the straightened bracelet. Now I know I need to do something with the cut cooper cable, but it says that she needs something to attached them to. Some tips please?

kwbridge 11-23-2006 09:24 AM

Spoiler:
you need to bend the butter knife with the pliers. The combine bent knife, hammer and nails. You can then attach this to the copperwire.

Have you opened the safe yet?