You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Hint Requests and Technical Problems The Murder on the Orient Express Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-11-2007, 06:39 AM   #121

Have you examined everything closely in your inventory? Just picking them up isn't enough.
Old 01-17-2007, 04:50 AM   #122
Ukrainian Adventure Gamer

Send a message via ICQ to HONEY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maharete View Post
Hey im soooo stuck, im at the crime scene and i saw you have to have coal to check for prints so i try to leave but the lady wont let me and poirot says theres more evidence .....
you don't need to check for prints now, you'll nave to do it much more later!
Old 01-20-2007, 02:44 PM   #123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiernnan View Post
I have all the passports and fingerprints. However, when I look in my "Suspects" list in the Scrapbook, I do not see the word "Real" beside Hardman's name. I cannot find him since I left him in Michel's room to go get his real passport. Both of his passports show up in my Passports inventory.

I have completed everything up to that point, but Poirot says I still have people to interview. The only person I can't find is Hardman, and no one else will talk to me. Where can I find Hardman?

Also, I tried looking at the photo from Michel's suitcase and comparing it with the photo from the locket, however, I don't know how to do that in inventory. They won't combine, and I can't find anyplace that tells me how to "compare". They look like the same girl to me, but I'm not sure if Antoinette knows that.

Any help will be appreciated.
You have to catch him going through micheals things in micheals room .After you catch him he will tell you where his real passport is.
Old 01-20-2007, 11:39 PM   #124
Super Moderator

I'm having a problem early in the game where I need to:

Spoiler:
Put the piece of paper between the two hat frames and use the lamp to figure out what the paper says. I have looked in all the rooms I can, examined all of my items in inventory and read the letter I picked up but I still can't put any of the items (the lamp, the hat frames or the piece of paper in the curling tongs) on Poirot's nightstand.

I don't know if I've forgotten something obvious or if I have a bug. I've installed the patch. If any of you have any ideas, let me know. If you have a save game after doing the hat frame puzzle, PM me.

Thanks.
Old 01-28-2007, 04:10 PM   #125
Lovable rogue

Have you tried moving the items all across the surface of the table? Sometimes an item needs to be placed over a certain area of the tabletop, in order for the "gear" icon to appear, indicating you can use the item there.

Other than that, I can't recall anything else about the puzzle that you may have missed.

If all else fails, talk to Poirot.

"My mental image of Jat is a gentleman sitting in a leather armchair, wearing a robe. The light in the room is dim and strangely he's not sitting in front of a computer, but next to a small, round table with a box of cigars on." - Jelena

Old 01-28-2007, 04:13 PM   #126
Super Moderator

Thanks. I tried clicking a bunch of different places but hadn't moved it around. I'll give that a go.
Old 01-30-2007, 03:37 PM   #127

Default Help right after installation process?

Okay so the game installed fine for me and everything but when I put the disk in and click play game a MOTOE EXE error pops up and shuts the game off. How can I fix this? I spent 30 dollars on this and can't take it back help please?

My system includes:
Windows ME/2000 Proffesional
More than 1.4 GHZ
383 MB RAM
Sound card is okay (16-bit direct x)
16x cd rom
19.3 GB
Intel(R) 82810 Graphics Controller Card
and if makes a difference 798 MHZ
Old 01-31-2007, 04:32 PM   #128

I know you get the turkey baster from the kitchen in that drawer, i swore i picked it up cause i went back and the drawers empty and i searched my inventory millions of times and its not there, do i get it later or something??
i have all the passports and fingerprints i just have to get the prints from objects and i got the footprint already from cake batter soooo im majorly stumped..
Old 02-02-2007, 02:02 PM   #129

In case it might help some of Adventure Gamers buddies, I post here the link to my savegames for MotOE.

I hope it'll be of some help for those of you who are stuck.
http://www.nicouzouf.com/en/index.ph...eorientexpress

/D
Old 02-06-2007, 12:55 AM   #130

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicouse View Post
In case it might help some of Adventure Gamers buddies, I post here the link to my savegames for MotOE.

I hope it'll be of some help for those of you who are stuck.
http://www.nicouzouf.com/en/index.ph...eorientexpress

/D

Nicouse,

Your site looks very interesting. Well done. The only problem I have is that it appears that you can not download individual saves. Your save files seem to cover the entire game??!!! Often we gamers just get stuck in a certain puzzle , timed sequence or whatever and really don't want ALL saves for the game, just a save to get past a really annoying bit. Can you just download individual saves on your site? I was going to comment on your site but couldn't see how to do that, so sorry about bringing it up here on Adventure Gamers.

PS. I just uploaded some of MY saves for MOTOE to SGS (www.savegameserver.com) ...very basic saves, just in case someone has a computer crash mid-game. MOTEO is such an easy game that I cannot think why anyone would even want a save ...... but you never know, when disaster can happen, huh?
Old 02-07-2007, 04:27 AM   #131

DustyTrail > Thanks for your support

Individual saves are a known issue for a long time. But due to lack of free time, I can't really bring any solution to it for the time being. But it's on my todo list
Old 02-11-2007, 09:40 PM   #132

After installation an error motoe.exe pops up and shuts down. I do not have the internet for the computer it is installed on. I meet all the requirements as far as I can tell.HELP!
Old 02-12-2007, 01:29 PM   #133

: ( I need help, BIG TIME! So...

Spoiler:

I'm at the very end of the game and I couldn't figure out why Poirot wasn't like saying anything to me. SO i realize that I didn't get the print off of the book in the security room! But since I was kidnapped the key disappeared so I can't get in!! Do I have to start the game over??? Help me please

Last edited by Dale Baldwin; 02-12-2007 at 01:39 PM. Reason: spoiler tags
Old 02-12-2007, 09:57 PM   #134

I'm not sure how to type a spoiler, but I don't think this will give much away.

I can't seem to get the print from the books. No matter how much I click with the appropriate object. Is there a specific spot I should be clicking?
Old 02-13-2007, 06:45 AM   #135
Magic Wand Waver

Send a message via MSN to Fairygdmther

It's the book on top, not the books inside the crate that you want.
Old 02-13-2007, 08:26 AM   #136
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wouter View Post
I'm having a technical problem with this game When i enter the trainstation for the first time, it shows the loading screen and then crashes back to my desktop (error in motoe.exe). Happens everytime. I tried lowering my settings and installing directx from cd, but nothing helps.

I have a Athlon 3500+, ATI X800 256Mb, 1 Gb Ram... above the recommended specs. Anyone got an idea? I tried using the online contact form on TAC's website but i can't even select Murder on the Orient Express yet in their dropdown of games.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikkie View Post
having same problem. did you solve it yet?
Quote:
Originally Posted by towel View Post
Okay so the game installed fine for me and everything but when I put the disk in and click play game a MOTOE EXE error pops up and shuts the game off. How can I fix this? I spent 30 dollars on this and can't take it back help please?

My system includes:
Windows ME/2000 Proffesional
More than 1.4 GHZ
383 MB RAM
Sound card is okay (16-bit direct x)
16x cd rom
19.3 GB
Intel(R) 82810 Graphics Controller Card
and if makes a difference 798 MHZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by laddeedda View Post
After installation an error motoe.exe pops up and shuts down. I do not have the internet for the computer it is installed on. I meet all the requirements as far as I can tell.HELP!
To all of you (and those I forgot to include) who are having this problem, I checked around to see if I could find a solution and I didn't have any luck.

I think you may need to get in touch with support at The Adventure Company and see what they say. Sorry a solution hasn't been posted.

The other thing you can do (and I don't know if this will work or if you've done it already) is download the patch.
Old 06-08-2007, 06:02 AM   #137

I have dusted items for prints but the tape doesn't lift them. I've tried combining glass, tape and dust. How can i get the tape to pick up the print?
Old 06-08-2007, 01:03 PM   #138
Passion Adventurist

Send a message via MSN to Hysteria

I haven't been able to finish this game because of its bugs. This game sux but it could be much better without bugs. I mean, my nerves were broken, this game doesn't deserve it.
Wishlist: Belief & Betrayal, Gabriel Knight Series, Black Dahlia ...
Old 07-08-2007, 11:26 AM   #139

Default I Need Help!

Good afternoon everyone. I am in dire need of help before I take this game and break it into little pieces.

I am in the 3rd Scene, Poirot Reflects. I have everything crossed off my list of things to do except find out info on the ham radio. I have had the radio up and working and asked all the questions there were to ask. Now when I turn it on it just says something about getting back to you or whatever. I readdressed Mary Debenham who STILL will not talk to me. I have gotten the answers needed from Constantine adn Countess Helena. I don't know what to do now. How can I get Debenham to talk as I am guessing this is the info needed to finish the whole thing with the ham radio??!! Please help.
Wynterr
Old 07-08-2007, 12:06 PM   #140
Evi

if i remember well, i think you have to talk to poirot again after you have finished your "dialogue" through the ham radio.
don't take that for granted, though.