You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-17-2006, 03:03 AM   #1

Default Shivah Hint needed

My brain seems to have seized up !!
I've tried over a dozen possible passwords on the computer at the very beginning of the game.
Nada!
I need a hint ... preferably BEFORE an outright spoiler.
TIA.
Old 11-21-2006, 05:10 AM   #2

Send a message via AIM to DaveGilbert Send a message via MSN to DaveGilbert Send a message via Yahoo to DaveGilbert

Hi Len,

Two clues.
#1 - there's a "clue" button on the computer.
#2 - check your inventory

Thanks for playing! :-D

-Dave
Old 11-21-2006, 02:44 PM   #3

MANY THANKS !!

Despite over 150 views and 15 posts on http://www.justadventure.com/cgi-bin...num=1163791126 and an SOS on the Quandaryland Hint Forum nobody came up with the solution... although I am grateful for the several attempts... which I may have misinterpreted ... see new addendum-spoiler at the end of this post :-

Just now, I wrote a few lines here replying that your instructions above didn’t work. Then in the middle I had a ‘brainwave’ and saw what had stumped me… and quite likely some others??
So I stopped and rewrote the following :-
Spoiler:
I obtained the clue “busybody” more than once. Each time I inserted the word “busybody” and when that didn’t work I inserted “yenta” ~~~~ this doesn’t ‘work’.
It ONLY ‘works’ if you insert the word “yenta” alone IMMEDIATELY on obtaining the 'clue-prompt'!

P.S.
As far as my (fairly limited) knowledge of Yiddish goes, the term “Yenta’ (or “Yente”) ONLY applies to a (Jewish) FEMALE !
Extract from the description/definition in Wikipedia…
Quote:
“Yenta is a term sometimes used to describe a Jewish Female. Despite its higher origins, today yenta is a descriptive term for a funny talkative Jewish female to a gossipy woman; a blabbermouth, who can't keep a secret, who spreads rumors and scandal and gladly gives advice whether or not one even wants it.”
However when (for the first time) I just now looked the word up in my 1992 “Chambers” dictionary, I see that it is an accepted noun defined as “a gossip; a shrewish woman” !!
So I assume that “Yenta” has been ‘officially’ absorbed into the (USA) English language like so many other Yiddish words… the most common being probably the pure Biblical Hebrew words, “kosher”, and “chutzpah” which are of course also an integral part of the now nearly defunct hybrid Yiddish language !

ADDENDUM ... Spoiler :-
Spoiler:
In order not to COMPLETELY spoil the game for others, I have deliberately NOT mentioned how to obtain the "Clue-prompt" !!
What I did NOT appreciate was the fact that you have to insert both a specific 'login' and ONLY AFTER THAT a (single) correct 'password' ....... with no 'interruption' berween the two !!
My bad... maybe ?!?

Last edited by Len Green; 11-21-2006 at 03:43 PM.
Old 11-24-2006, 04:47 AM   #4

I’ve progressed somewhat… but not TOO much.
I’m completely stumped again.

I have tried everything that SEEMS possible… but apparently not, since after trying for an hour or more I cannot continue. My wife who is very good at Quest-Adventures is ALSO stuck identically !!

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Spoiler:
I’ve exhausted whatever seems possible at the 5 locations… chronologically ~ B’nai Ben-Zion; Lauder residence; Sharming Fashion; Beth Tikvah; & Paddy O’Hare’s.
I previously obtained the following clues :- Joe De Marco; JDM; Is Joe Jewish?; & Goldberg.
After a lot of hassle I progressed to :- Joe De Marco; Is Joe Jewish?; Goldberg; & Joe’s meeting.
However trying everything on literally everything (AFAIK) has yielded me absolutely nothing. Trying all the clues on all characters, on each other, and on all accessible possibilities on BOTH the available computers has not produced any results whatsoever.

I guess (only) that Rabbi Stone has to meet up with Joe De Marco either in Paddy’s pub or elsewhere. But if my guess is correct, how do I enable this meeting or whatever should come next ???
Old 11-24-2006, 10:08 AM   #5

I repeated a series of mouse-clicks for the 3rd or 4th time, and this time it somehow triggered the previously absent next step!!!

On with the Motley ............. Until next time !!!

~~ Added later ~~

I was asked if the game was buggy.
It depends upon whether the now discontinued (AFAIK) freeware game or the final (De-Luxe... 'commercial') game is referred to !

If anybody is interested, please see... http://www.quandaryland.com/ipb/inde...66&#entry12966

Last edited by Len Green; 11-24-2006 at 01:38 PM.