Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   Hint Requests and Technical Problems (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/hint-requests-technical-problems/)
-   -   Marvel:Ultimate Alliance problem (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/hint-requests-technical-problems/17674-marvel-ultimate-alliance-problem.html)

superindy5 11-03-2006 06:18 AM

Marvel:Ultimate Alliance problem

Hi everyone, today I got Marvel: Ultimate Alliance, and since I have waited a long time I was very hyped to play. But after the successful installation, i pressed the shortcut button. I then found myself ingame, hearing the intro-logos, hearing the Menu-music but I am not seeing any of it. Only my little blue mouse. So the thing is I can't play, because I only see a black screen and no other visuals (except the mouse-pointer)

Any help would be much appreciated...

Pentium 4 2.53 GHz
1,00 GB RAM
GeForce4 Ti 4200 with AGP8x 128mb
Directx 9.0

zeourx 11-17-2006 04:47 AM

Hi, Im currently having the same problem, have you fixed it yet? how? need help tnx in advance

rufus_Ren 11-26-2006 02:13 AM

this has happened to me also! all black w/blue pointer and soundboard when the cursor goes over icons I assume.
I'm running a
Dell 2400 2.66
1024 pc 2700 ram
9250 ati 256mb videocard

Please help! I can't wait to play the game!!!

tonylopes 11-28-2006 12:03 PM

The Solution! (Maybe)

Yeah, It needs a very powerful computer... And I'm just below this line:

Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 2.6 GHz
RAM: 512MB of RAM
ATI(R) Mobility Radeon(TM) 9200 128MB

The Black Screen problem happened in my case, because my video card lacks hardware support for Pixel Shading and things alike (Can't really tell, not a pro on this).

To Fix this and run the game almost perfectly (There were some transparency problems and some black textures, but nothing that ruins the gameplay! ), I used the program 3d-Analyse v2.36b (Search in google) with only the following boxes checked:

Hardware Limits (cap bits)

* emulate HW TnL caps
* emulate pixel shader caps

Performance

* disable lighting (Without this I would see white squares around flames. You should try without it first.)

3d-Analyse emulates the hardware features the game requires using your CPU. It will make the game runs a bit slow, so you better set it with minimum graphics... Well, It's better than not playing it :-).
Hope it will help someone!

InlineChick 11-28-2006 12:17 PM

Yeah,it's happening to a lotta people,2 of my mates bought it and had exactly the same problem.

Asmo 11-29-2006 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tonylopes (Post 368162)
Yeah, It needs a very powerful computer... And I'm just below this line:

Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 2.6 GHz
RAM: 512MB of RAM
ATI(R) Mobility Radeon(TM) 9200 128MB

The Black Screen problem happened in my case, because my video card lacks hardware support for Pixel Shading and things alike (Can't really tell, not a pro on this).

To Fix this and run the game almost perfectly (There were some transparency problems and some black textures, but nothing that ruins the gameplay! ), I used the program 3d-Analyse v2.36b (Search in google) with only the following boxes checked:

Hardware Limits (cap bits)

* emulate HW TnL caps
* emulate pixel shader caps

Performance

* disable lighting (Without this I would see white squares around flames. You should try without it first.)

3d-Analyse emulates the hardware features the game requires using your CPU. It will make the game runs a bit slow, so you better set it with minimum graphics... Well, It's better than not playing it :-).
Hope it will help someone!

Hi,

i am having the following problem with running 3D ANALYZE: after following your instructions i press the "run" button and receive the following notice:

"could not copy .../forcedll.dll (source) to .../forcedll.dll (destination)"

The file forcedll.dll is not write protectet, and i am running 3D ANALYZE from the game folder ("mua.exe").

Does anyone have an idea?

AMD Athlon 2400 XP (2 GHz)
1024 MB RAM
Geforce 4 Ti 4200

tonylopes 11-29-2006 02:14 PM

Are you using a batch file?

It happened to me when I used one. So, try copying ForceDLL.dll from the 3dAnalyse folder to the game's folder. It worked in my case.

OOps, Did you install 3d-Analyse in the Game's folder???

Well, you should also try installing it in another folder. I don't know but both in the same folder can be the problem!

AH! Hell... I'm Always forgeting something...

Select the game.exe ! Not mua.exe

Asmo 11-30-2006 03:22 AM

Thx a lot, it is working now!

I was not using the batch file, but i had installed 3D Analyzer in the game´s directory. I removed 3D Analyzer and installed it elsewhere, and after selecting the "game.exe" it worked. I´ve always selected the "mua.exe" before ...

Thx again Tony!

gtoforce 12-10-2006 10:18 AM

Powers Cannot Activate

u guys have this problem?
the heroes i've been using since act 1 cannot use certain powers i.e. the powers (e.g. iceman's ice slide and blizzard) did not light up
same goes with Cap's power number 5
anyone has any idea what's happening
cuz they all are already level 25
but wolverine has all his powers light up

please help
the game's no fun without all the powers available

other later heroes can use all their powers except my captain america and iceman (also thor cuz i disposed him later)

evilchocobo 06-29-2008 10:25 PM

i don't know why but when i click on marvel ultimate alliance shortcut nothing even comes up or even loads can anyone help me with this issue please ?

I'm using a dual core 2 quad processor with a Nvidia 9600gt gfx card
i can play other games like wow and stuff fine but this just wont even load for me

mikivoiosul 09-29-2008 09:44 AM

My Characters Are Unknow Forms I Have Pc:

Intel(r) Pentium(r) 3.00 Gh
1gb Ram
Video Card 128mb

mory79 10-03-2009 10:12 AM

Says a error

when it use 3d analyzer on the game.exe it says error while injecting dll into target process wat happened plz tell me

thegame5551 05-24-2010 06:10 AM

Hi.

i have much weaker comp and i can play with with no problems...only thing is i cant play game when my joystick is plugged... can enyone help me? :D

(sry for my bad english. :P )

assa1997 05-03-2012 01:41 PM

Pentium 4 2.8 GHz
1,00 GB RAM
GeForce4 FX 5500 256 mb
Directx 10
I have probleme with this game the sceen it's lack just arrow appears alone

please how i willl fix it?