You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-20-2006, 09:36 AM   #1
Second Degree Black Belt

Default The Mystery of the Nautilus

Ok, I installed this game 3 times already. I installed according to the directions that came with the game. I have looked for patches and forms that can help, and still no help. When I start the game up everything runs smooth until the first chapter. After I look through the window at what is out side, which is when I loose the game. The screen turns black and I have to start over. I have run it under Windows XP, 95, 98 and 2000. Everything that I have read says that there might be a fix but no one is for sure. Please help.

Thanks

“Pretty badass and tough and won't take crap from anyone” -Squinky
Old 07-21-2006, 05:12 AM   #2

HI Bulldog
Have you tried a different resolution and bit rate. Like 24 bit or True or something else.
If your a little saavy you can check out the link and see if it makes any sense to you. The bottom left and beside it. Hope it helps. Checked for a patch, but can't find one.

Also you'll probably have to install the version of Quicktime that came with the game.
Check out this thread about the general drill and note the section that says "Got SP2 blah blah blah).
http://home.earthlink.net/~eddie1231/general_drill.htm

Cathy

http://search.sympatico.msn.ca/previ...st=1&noredir=1

Last edited by Cathy1; 07-21-2006 at 05:36 AM.
Old 07-23-2006, 12:04 PM   #3
Second Degree Black Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathy1
HI Bulldog
Have you tried a different resolution and bit rate. Like 24 bit or True or something else.
If your a little saavy you can check out the link and see if it makes any sense to you. The bottom left and beside it. Hope it helps. Checked for a patch, but can't find one.

Also you'll probably have to install the version of Quicktime that came with the game.
Check out this thread about the general drill and note the section that says "Got SP2 blah blah blah).
http://home.earthlink.net/~eddie1231/general_drill.htm

Cathy

http://search.sympatico.msn.ca/previ...st=1&noredir=1
Thank you for the help. So far I am about half way down the list of suggestions and nothing seems to help. I am going to send a letter to the company and try and go from there.

Thanks Bulldog

Old 07-24-2006, 11:57 AM   #4

Hi Bulldog
I had a simular problem when I started playing Nautilus yesterday (I am running Windows XP)
I managed to fix this by turning down hardware acceleration temporarily while running the game. (Right-click in a blank area of the Desktop in Windows XP and 2000, choose Properties > Settings tab > Advanced button > Troubleshoot)
Slide system hardware acceleration from full to none. If that works try to increase hardware acceleration gradually to find a setting which does not conflict with the game.

Boli
Old 07-25-2006, 05:42 AM   #5
Second Degree Black Belt

Well I had just about given up on this game, I will install it again and try what you suggested....... I hope it work thanks lots.

Old 07-25-2006, 06:24 AM   #6
Second Degree Black Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boli62
Hi Bulldog
I had a simular problem when I started playing Nautilus yesterday (I am running Windows XP)
I managed to fix this by turning down hardware acceleration temporarily while running the game. (Right-click in a blank area of the Desktop in Windows XP and 2000, choose Properties > Settings tab > Advanced button > Troubleshoot)
Slide system hardware acceleration from full to none. If that works try to increase hardware acceleration gradually to find a setting which does not conflict with the game.

Boli
Hi again.... I tryed what you suggested and nothing . I emailed the company and they said that they will change the game out for me and they gave me a list of games to choose from.... that ok I guess, but I was really looking forward to playing this game. Thanks for the suggestion.