You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-12-2006, 09:44 PM   #1

Send a message via Yahoo to RezaTHX
Default Fahrenheit Insects Problem !

hi !
I started to play Fahrenheit a few days ago , what a great game and the most intresting game is its gameplay . except the action sequences ! I stuck in the bank where Lucas works and I can't pass that huge insects ! please if you have a solution or a save game help me !
thanks !
Old 07-12-2006, 09:52 PM   #2
fov
Rattenmonster

Are you sure you understand what you're supposed to do? Repeat the "Simon Says" sequence on the screen by pressing the keys that correspond to the colors that show up. (If you're at the part I think you're at, then it's the first time you really have to do this -- I had trouble with it, too. So I wouldn't be surprised if you just haven't gotten the hang of it yet.)

Try setting the difficulty to "easy" if you haven't already.
Old 07-12-2006, 10:00 PM   #3

thanks for reply !
but i know what to do ! but its very hard ! i press the colors as instant as they appear on the screen but i faild at some parts again and again i think i repeat this scene 30-40 times ! but it won't help ! I play the game in easy mode but dosen't differ
Old 07-12-2006, 10:09 PM   #4

Do you have antianilizing switched to on. I remember later in the game it helped me get through one level to turn it off. It seemed that the keys responded quicker if it was turned off.
Old 07-12-2006, 10:33 PM   #5
Lazy adventurer

Send a message via Yahoo to wicked

Hmm.. not only antialising. Just lower your video settings because the game will respond faster to your commands.
Old 07-13-2006, 08:55 PM   #6
fire breathing

are you at the part where you are being interrogated? (sitting in your chair in your office? If so, then I think the only way to pass that sequence is to intentionally fail the simon says sequences, so your crazy meter stays ok and you aren't arrested.
Old 07-14-2006, 12:14 AM   #7
Clue Seeker

Do you use the keyboard to play? If so have you checked that your keyboard setttings? I had the problem with failing over and over again on my laptop until i discovered that the default key settings would not work. Correct me someone if I'm wrong, but on a standard keyboard one uses the numpad to control the righthand sequences and the arrow keys for the lefthand. As there is no numpad on my laptop it uses the alternative keys ASDW for the righthand controls which makes the controls crisscross. So I had to move the lefthand controls from the arrow keys to the ASDW keys and the righthand ASDW ones to the arrow keys to correct this problem.
Old 07-14-2006, 10:26 AM   #8

yeah, i did almost same way as didda. put left hand controls to ASWD and righthand keys to arrows, its really easy then...
Old 07-14-2006, 07:26 PM   #9

thanks for ur considerations !
I have to check them on my home pc cause now I'm at work in my office ! oh ! I hope that won't happen to me ! cause my job kinda like Lucas ! but i didn't kill anybody ...
I will post the results tomorrow !
Old 07-15-2006, 07:11 PM   #10

hi again !
i tried everything u said but it didn't work , i haven't any previous save to start with ! cause i've turned on the autosave option ....
plz if u have a save just after this scene send it to me...
i think it is enough of being into this !
Old 07-16-2006, 09:28 AM   #11

I can give you my profile which has 42% done, and you can select which chapter/scene you want and play from that...In matter of fact i have this uploaded to my server about a month ago ...I couldnt get pass this helicopter scene(lag,bug etc),and i quitted.
Old 07-22-2006, 07:07 PM   #12

i tried very hard but it didn't work , i dono why an adventure must have such scenes or if it has to be why is it so hard ? a great story and a brand new gameplay but unfortunatly some action parts thet seem to be impossible ,ruien your joy for continue the game ,i'm sorry but i gave up ! someone plz tell what happen in the end ! or give me a save or somethin' !
Old 07-23-2006, 04:12 AM   #13

Profile at 42%
http://pusna.msn.ee/Ajutine/atari/
Profile Name: Tauri
Old 07-24-2006, 07:10 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadTricks
Profile at 42%
http://pusna.msn.ee/Ajutine/atari/
Profile Name: Tauri
thanks madtrick !
i had downloaded your profile and i copied them in the atari folder in my documents but when i strat the game and begin to play one of those chapters i got some errorrs that said data missing or something ,so the game didn't start .how can i fix this ? would reinstalling the game help ? or what else should i do ?
Old 07-26-2006, 04:22 AM   #15

was there any other profiles?
I dont really know how this should work, keep your backup saves from some other place, uninstall, install and copy only my profile to Farenheit save folder.

Because, i had game uninstalled for several months but i kept savegame, and i copyed this to farenheit save folder after installing second time,and it worked for me.
I think ,yeah you should try uninstall,delete your savegames too (BUT KEEP BACKUP!) and then install and copy my profile...lets see what happens.
Old 08-08-2006, 06:53 PM   #16

reinstalling the game didn't help and that error accured again, I also try with a new keyboard and a joystick but it didn't differ a bit ! it seems it has to be like this !
I think I'm cursed here !
Old 08-12-2006, 02:26 PM   #17
Staff Member

The game doesn't slap you on the hand for getting the wrong key, so during these sequences you can just mash the keys like crazy and you'll find them easy. The only bits you might find hard are the track and field bits.
Old 08-13-2006, 07:05 PM   #18

I tried and I tried ,but I just can't ! I think it's enough messing with it ,I gave up !
Old 08-13-2006, 11:12 PM   #19

This really helped me when I was playing it. I wish they put these tips in the game manual, as they are essential to get through the action scenes. Also, taking down the resolution helps quite a bit.
Old 08-14-2006, 12:06 AM   #20

it was a good link, but i'm afraid to tell that it didn't work for me,now I'm sure if even I can pass this dam' scenes I'm not enjoying the game anymore, I just can't undrestand the purpose of such stuff in an Adventure Game ?? It just destroy all your joy and excitement for a great game ,Fahrenheit would be one of greatest computer games ever made ,but with this foolish things its far from it cause even if you can finished it you never enjoyed it.