You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Hint Requests and Technical Problems Invisible characters in Blade Runner

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-06-2006, 01:15 PM   #1

Default Invisible characters in Blade Runner

Hello everyone,

I've been enjoying Blade Runner, 4CD version, on windows XP. At some points, some characters have begun to appear flickering a lot, or not appearing at all. E.g., the guy at the hotel reception, I don't see a thing but I can still talk to him. Same with the guy working in the lab with eyes.

Anyway, there is this part in which I have to cross a planck, and where I die strangely. According to walkthrougs there is this rat I have to shoot, but I can't see anything, and aiming my gun about has not worked. I would appreciate any help. A save game on the other side of the planck would also be great.

Ah, I have tried to disable 3D acceleration, it didn't help.

Thanks!
Old 07-08-2006, 09:37 AM   #2

Did you try the fix for Blade Runner here. This is for the cd version. If you have the DVD version there is also a fix for that here.
Cathy

http://dlh.net/cgi-bin/dlp.cgi?lang=...ecd.zip&ref=ps

http://dlh.net/cgi-bin/dlp.cgi?lang=...dvd.zip&ref=ps
Old 07-09-2006, 03:29 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathy1
Did you try the fix for Blade Runner ...
Yes, thanks a lot. I forgot to say that I have tried this fix also, and it still doesn't work. I just contains a blade.exe file, which I guess has to replace the original one. And, nothing.

Oh well, I have read a number of issues about this game, perhaps I'll just have to try it on some other machine (unless, that is, some has a save game around, pleeeease ).