You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Hint Requests and Technical Problems In Memoriam / Missing ... missing websites!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-26-2006, 05:28 PM   #1

Default In Memoriam / Missing ... missing websites!

Can anyone get http://www.xineph.com/ to work? It's just black to me. It's needed to solve lots of puzzles in the game and it doesn't work at all for me, leaving the game unplayable! Also, most of the pages in the e-mails that get sent to me by the in-game characters lead to 404 not found pages. It seems like the game is already broken after 3 years! Maybe they should release a patch that has saved versions of the sites in it :S
Old 06-26-2006, 05:37 PM   #2

I can only get something at http://www.xineph.com/0016/gb/etapes.php
Old 06-26-2006, 05:46 PM   #3

I can get that one too, but if I go to any of the offshoot pages, they're black too.
Old 06-26-2006, 07:31 PM   #4

Stupid question, but is your macromedia player installed, coz it seems to work fine for me. That site I mean, not the game. ~cries~
Old 06-27-2006, 01:23 AM   #5
Super Moderator

Yeah, xineph.com's opening page requires Shockwave.
Old 06-27-2006, 06:46 AM   #6

I've got Shockwave. I've got the latest version and whatever browser I use it crashes it or makes the screen black.

Sari, have you patched the game with either of those patches I sent the link to yet? They update the server location and so you can connect and register!
Old 06-27-2006, 06:50 AM   #7
Super Moderator

Just tried xineph myself again and it does take a little while to do anything. It should redirect you to xineph.com/22fgta2. This is black page with a Shockwave thing in a square in the middle - it took a little while to bring up a loading progress bar, but I had to refresh it another time to get it to load properly.
Old 06-27-2006, 11:51 AM   #8

I've left it a long time and nothing happens. In fact in Firefox and iExplorer leaving it a long time just causes it to crash. Avant is the only one that even tollerates waiting.

Ubisoft keeps giving me patronising and obtuse 'advice' that seems to come from Google. From what i've played of the actual game it doesn't look like it's worth continuing with..
Old 04-14-2012, 08:29 AM   #9

I get redirected to:
http://www.xineph.com/31504052414/

This works fine, although it takes a while to get going. Refreshing the page seemed to do the trick for me.

It functions in Opera, which can get funny about weird plugins, so it really ought to work with any standard browser. As with most odd sites, if nothing else seems to work, try Internet Explorer.

====

EDIT: Well, that's strange. The URL I just posted is a functional... something. But it's not the one you need at that stage (the tests of the initiate).

http://www.xineph.com/22fgta2 is the right one, and it works fine. Figuring out what to do with it is a different matter, but it does work.

Last edited by Davies; 04-14-2012 at 08:50 AM.