Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   Hint Requests and Technical Problems (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/hint-requests-technical-problems/)
-   -   In Memoriam Registration (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/hint-requests-technical-problems/15625-memoriam-registration.html)

Sari 06-28-2006 11:01 AM

LMFAO, ok then. LOL -- it's not that good a game then?

Melanie68 06-28-2006 11:08 AM

I thought it was a very interesting game and I quite liked it. Having technical problems (which is unfortunate for the both of you) doesn't equal the game not being good. Bug Ubisoft and see if you get a response (you may need to be patient) and then try it again.

clonestyle 07-01-2006 12:04 PM

I've had problems with this game and its expansion as well. Worked like a charm when I first got it but now I'm not getting 90% of the emails I should be getting. I even set my settings to allow all mails through and getting nothing. Frustrating to say the least.

beatchef 07-01-2006 05:15 PM

It's got an expansion? What do you mean?

Dale Baldwin 07-01-2006 05:21 PM

The 13th Victim was released in the US (and France as well?), as a standalone expansion to Missing.

benhubbard 07-15-2006 04:39 AM

I have the same problem.

I never finished the game the first time around and none of the patches worked for me after they changed the servers. I just got a new computer and thought this would be a great time to try again (also I just watched the evidence trailers :))
But no go.

Every patch I have tried, it pops up with the "starting wise installer" window, which just disappears then nothing. Some patches (the European ones I think) let me choose the language but it just disappears after that. The installer just dies.

If anyone has had this problem and figured it out I would love to hear about it!

I'm going to try unpacking the patch installer and see if I can get it to work manually :S

[edit]
Holy crap that worked.
Okay I used Universal Extractor to unpack one of the patches and copied the resulting .cxt files into the right In Memoriam folder.
The unpacker gave me the right folders so it was pretty simple.
If you guys ever come back I hope this is of use!

But now I can't use my email address because it's already registered! Ah well at least I can play :D

AlleyCat 01-02-2007 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by benhubbard (Post 314182)
I have the same problem.
[edit]
Holy crap that worked.
Okay I used Universal Extractor to unpack one of the patches and copied the resulting .cxt files into the right In Memoriam folder.
The unpacker gave me the right folders so it was pretty simple.
If you guys ever come back I hope this is of use!

But now I can't use my email address because it's already registered! Ah well at least I can play :D

Okay, I tried to do that, but being pretty lame at that technical stuff, I don't think I'm really understanding what I'm supposed to do.
Where do you find the .cxt files and which folder should they go into? I have the exact same problem, with only being allowed to choose the language before it goes down!

benhubbard 02-17-2007 03:28 AM

Okay I've just checked on my computer where I unpacked the patch file...

If you extract everything in the patch EXE to somewhere temporary, you should have folders like this:
MAINDIR\Media\Dir\Cst\
In Cst there are a bunch of cxt files, which I was referring to.
MAINDIR is equivalent to your In Memoriam install folder (c: \program files\in memoriam\ most likely)

If you just copy the Media folder and paste it into your In Memoriam folder, it will overwrite all the correct files and away you go.

Hopefully this is a bit clearer!

If you're having trouble extracting the patch I could just zip it and upload it somewhere :)

buddi 02-17-2007 11:40 PM

bh, thank you so much. I have been gnashing my teeth for over a month trying to get this game installed and the patches operational. I had come to the determination that the game servers were no longer running. That nifty little utility you posted a link to (along with your helpful instructions) did the trick. Can I knit you a pair of socks? LOL

Kthankxby

benhubbard 02-18-2007 12:07 AM

Ah excellent!

I gnashed my teeth for a good year or so before I got it to work so it looks like I saved you some teeth gnashing time :D

I wonder what it is that makes the patches not work, I found absolutely nothing about this bug anywhere on the net.

Good to hear the servers aren't down too :)

tinah44 03-06-2007 04:16 AM

I just bought missing the 13th victim and it doesnt wiork, can someone help. it says its a add on to the fist game cant i play this one anyway?

Melanie68 03-06-2007 07:57 AM

The 13th victim is an expansion pack so you need the original game to play.

Lia 04-19-2007 07:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by benhubbard (Post 391637)
Okay I've just checked on my computer where I unpacked the patch file...

If you extract everything in the patch EXE to somewhere temporary, you should have folders like this:
MAINDIR\Media\Dir\Cst\
In Cst there are a bunch of cxt files, which I was referring to.
MAINDIR is equivalent to your In Memoriam install folder (c: \program files\in memoriam\ most likely)

If you just copy the Media folder and paste it into your In Memoriam folder, it will overwrite all the correct files and away you go.

Hopefully this is a bit clearer!

If you're having trouble extracting the patch I could just zip it and upload it somewhere :)

Dear Benhubbard, I R E A L L Y THANK YOU very much. I have been playing "In Memoriam" since last evening, thanks to you !!!! I am much obliged...!!! I really enjoy the game!!

Lia

the_farmer 12-15-2007 07:32 AM

Patch works

Thanks beatchef

Davies 04-14-2012 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beatchef (Post 307971)
Okay, now I can get in, but none of the websites actually work, they're all completely blank, www.xineph.com has nothing on it at all.

I've only just started playing "In Memoriam" now, several years after the previous post! And I've certainly got content on Xineph.com. There was nothing at first, then I reloaded the page and it worked fine. (Being patient might have worked, too.)

It's all in Shockwave, so I had to download and install the plugin and then wait for the content to open. And it's in French. But it's certainly there and seems to be fully functional.

Whether other sites will work, I'll have to wait and see. So far I'm up against a brick wall already, trying to figure out the stuff on Xineph.