Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   Hint Requests and Technical Problems (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/hint-requests-technical-problems/)
-   -   Dreamfall gym fight (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/hint-requests-technical-problems/14874-dreamfall-gym-fight.html)

Ledz 05-11-2006 12:29 AM

Dreamfall gym fight

This isn't so much a hint request, since I've finished Dreamfall already, but I just started it a 2nd time and got to the part where you fight in the gym and I have this weird feeling (like I had the 1st time I played but decided to skip it eventually) that if I win the teacher without getting hit at all, something will happen, like a cutscene or something.. dunno.. so I just wanna know if anyone's been able to beat her that way and see that something or nothing happens.. it would ease my mind to know... so please, ANYONE!

RaMa 05-11-2006 02:08 AM

I tried it a few times too because I was thinking the same thing as you :P. No luck so far though.

Ledz 05-11-2006 10:44 AM

After a few hundred attempts and a lot of frustration, I finally managed to beat the teacher without getting hit and... NOTHING HAPPENED! :frusty:

Intrepid Homoludens 05-11-2006 11:12 AM

I'm not surprised. It's really just a sequence that trains you for the combat moves, gets you used to the fighting system.

Ledz 05-11-2006 12:28 PM

Yeah I knew it was a long shot... but the fact she said keep training and improve, and that the training never ended without player intervention, made me think that there's a goal to achieve... and I'm a gaming perfectionist, had to make sure I don't miss anything "just in case". in fact, I'm in another part that's similar to this now..

Spoiler:
When Zoe goes to Reza's place the first time to give him the package and the cops get in after her, and then they catch her and take to the investigation room, and it seems like there's no way to avoid it, but the fact that it's possible to hide behind the bathroom door makes me think that they cops can be avoided completely. she's caught because they catch her signal, probably from the phone, and I don't think it's possible to get the cloak installed on the phone before that scene, so I tried putting the phone in the toilet, inside the shower, inside the bed, or whatever, but it's not possible...

so that's another thing I'm gonna be trying again and again several times until I'm sure there's no way to avoid it.. if anyone's managed to do it please let me know!

Catbert 05-11-2006 12:42 PM

Spoiler:
Well if you think about it, her getting arrested and interrogated makes the story move forward, so I don't think there's any way around that.

Ledz 05-11-2006 12:59 PM

Spoiler:
I've though about it but nothing important storywise really happens in that scene.. I mean after it she returns home and continues the investigation from the same place she stopped before it, and she doesn't really learn any new information there, so that scene could easily be skipped...