You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Hint Requests and Technical Problems Dreamfall: Chapter 5(?) get you draw me a map?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-23-2006, 04:59 AM   #1
8-Bit Spritemaster™

Default Dreamfall: Chapter 5(?) get you draw me a map?

Okay, I'm in a section with a big gorillia guy, I've found two statue things w/ revolving dials & a gate that looks like it has the same symbols as the dials. I also found a breakaway wall, but I figure I'll find out what that's for later. I did also see a door with an egg topper. That, and a statue I coudn't adjust that was set to the Mail symbol.

The biggest problem with this puzzle is I keep getting too frustrated by it to complete it. I *ALWAYS* lose my bearings, and just find locations by luck. That, and the fact because I'm such in a hurry to find places I've been, I'm not nearly as stealthy as I should be. And oh yeah, because of that I keep dying.

If I at least knew the layout, I might have a easier time with this puzzle. Frankly, if I had just one major complaint about Dreamfall, it'd be the whole lack of a mapping system. Something should be in place just to let you know where're you've been at least.

(And at the game's start, the entire layout should have been made available to you. I know there's only so many places you can go, but given that Zoe lives in Cassablanca, you'd think she'd know the entire layout).

SWB
Old 04-23-2006, 03:47 PM   #2

is there anyway back to the other room after falling, i'm now stuck..

EDIT:

I found the way ;D
Old 04-23-2006, 10:23 PM   #3

I solved the puzzle without a map, but went back and drew one later and it's kind of funny... I had thought, at first, that the puzzle was one of the game's more challenging ones (without being badly designed, like the musical note puzzle) and then realized, after looking at the map, that it's actually pretty simple. It's just all the running through twisting corridors and avoiding the troll guy that makes it seem at all difficult. Once you have a bird's eye view, the solution is almost painfully obvious.

Sorry, I know I'm not helping. I wish I could show you my map, but I don't have a scanner.

You may have already thought of this, but if not, one piece of advice is to commit the symbols painted on the floor at the beginning of the area to memory. Draw them on a piece of paper, if it helps you to remember what they look like. Then, go explore beyond the breakaway wall. The clue you need for the rest of the puzzle is down there.

Last edited by Lunarhound; 04-23-2006 at 10:32 PM.
Old 04-24-2006, 03:20 PM   #4
8-Bit Spritemaster™

I finally beat this portion of the game, turns out I kept on going down the one passageway which is nearly impossible to navigate, just because its so hard to find your way back to the stairs.

Other than that section, I eventually figured out the other pasts were pretty much direct routes to statues with movable puzzle pieces.

SWB