You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-18-2006, 02:38 PM   #1
Captain No Fun

Send a message via AIM to elowen
Default GK 2 basement sequence

I've been playing Gabriel Knight 2 and I'm almost to the end. However, I can never finish the last sequence in the basement of the theater without getting shot by Leber. I've tried using walkthroughs and I can never make it. Any hints?
Old 04-18-2006, 02:58 PM   #2

I just replayed both GK1 and GK2. I enjoyed them both as much as the first time (years ago).
I'm not sure what you are doing or not doing. But this is what I did to finish the game.
Spoiler alert!!!!

I closed all of the doors that lead out of the left side of the screen (you can use your sniff feature to see a map) and try to chase the other wolf to the boiler room at the bottom right corner of the screen.
Once you go in the room also you will see both Grace and Leiber and the wolf. Click on Grace to get her to help. I think she has to open the furnace. Then click on Gabriel (in wolf form) and be ready to click on the other wolf when it jumps in front of the open furnace. I think that is it.
I hope I did this right. I'm not used to posting.

Marblehed
Old 04-18-2006, 03:03 PM   #3
Captain No Fun

I know how to navigate and what to do, but I keep getting shot, so I was wondering if anyone knew of a sequence to get to the end.
Old 04-18-2006, 03:33 PM   #4
fov
Rattenmonster

I have a diagram that I drew for this sequence.

If no one's posted a better answer by the time I get home later tonight, I'll scan it for you.
Old 04-18-2006, 08:14 PM   #5
fov
Rattenmonster

I sure hope this makes sense to you, because I'm not sure it does to me.

The numbers indicate which order to close the doors. Von Glower's the square and Gabe is the triangle, right? If I'm remembering that right, then closing the doors in this order allows you to force Von Glower into the boiler room.

Anyway, hope this helps.
Attached Images

Old 04-18-2006, 09:47 PM   #6

Emily, you are amazing.
Old 04-19-2006, 06:39 AM   #7
fov
Rattenmonster

Heh... I've had that thing folded up in the GK2 box since I first played it in 1999! When I replayed a few years later I was determined to do it without consulting the cheat sheet, but couldn't.
Old 04-19-2006, 08:01 AM   #8

Plus elowen you have to be sorta fast in doing this.
Cathy
Old 04-19-2006, 08:36 AM   #9
Captain No Fun

I found one that works. Thanks guys!
Old 09-22-2007, 08:36 AM   #10
The Quiet One

Time to bump an old thread again.

I'm experiencing the same problem as elowen did. I'm past the maze/doors section and i'm on the final stage of pushing The Black Wolf into the furnace. What i really don't understand is, is how i did it first time i played it, but now i just can't do it at all. I either hit the side of the furnace or get shot.

I'm pretty darn certain the first time i did it, that The Black Wolf leaped into the air as far as the centre of the furnace, which enables you to push it in (providing you click at the right time of course). But before he even gets anywhere near the centre, the cutscene triggers showing The Black Wolf escaping and Gabe getting shot. If i click sooner than that, The Black Wolf gets as far as the right hand side of the furnace (no where near the fire) and Gabe crashes straight into the side.

It's been nearly two days and i still can't do it. I'm starting the wonder if i'll ever complete the game again and see the ending. I don't suppose anyone could upload a video or something showing precisely when to click on it? Or even a screenshot?
Now Playing: Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars - The Director's Cut (DS and iPhone), DOOM 3: Resurrection of Evil, Hotel Dusk: Room 215, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Justice for All, Silent Hill - HD Collection
Recently Completed: Max Payne, Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne
Next: Bayonetta, Devil May Cry - HD Collection, Max Payne 3, Metal Gear Solid - HD Collection, Silent Hill: Downpour
Old 09-22-2007, 09:08 AM   #11
Lazy Bee

This is what UHS-hint system says about that part of the game. Perhaps you've checked these hints before, if not I hope it helps.
Spoiler:
Help! Leber keeps shooting me!

You're now playing both Grace *and* Gabriel, and it's imperative that the two of them communicate with each other (as well as a person can communicate with a werewolf) <G>.
Does Grace know the game plan?
Perhaps you should give her a signal!
Click on Grace and Gabriel will motion towards the furnace.
Unfortunately, Gabriel isn't in a position to open the door himself.
Click on the furnace door and Grace will open it.
Now click on Gabriel and he will motion towards the blazing fire, and Grace will acknowledge his signal.
Timing is of the utmost importance here because if you're off by just a split second, Von Glower will escape into the basement and Gabriel will end up dead.
Wait until Von Glower begins his leap, then *immediately* click on him and Gabriel will shove him into the furnace.
Burn Baby, Burn!!
Old 09-22-2007, 09:33 AM   #12
The Thread™ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey

This thread brings back horrible memories. I still hate this section of the game.

I do not change to be perfect. Perfect changes to be me.

Old 09-22-2007, 09:39 AM   #13
Lazy Bee

I do too. I'm useless at times sequences and the UHS hint system guided me almost along the entire basement section.
Old 09-22-2007, 10:18 AM   #14
The Quiet One

Yep, i used UHS when i first played it and i checked that hint. I completely forgot it mentioned when you click on him. Thanks Jelena, i'll give that a whirl.
Now Playing: Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars - The Director's Cut (DS and iPhone), DOOM 3: Resurrection of Evil, Hotel Dusk: Room 215, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Justice for All, Silent Hill - HD Collection
Recently Completed: Max Payne, Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne
Next: Bayonetta, Devil May Cry - HD Collection, Max Payne 3, Metal Gear Solid - HD Collection, Silent Hill: Downpour