You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-28-2006, 03:08 PM   #1
Funky Member

Default Indigo Prophecy - Gamepad problem

Problem:

I am having some major problems using my gamepad with Indigo Prophecy. I am using a Logitech Dual Action gamepad and whenever I use either the left or right analog stick the game's framerate drops quite noticeably. I don't have this problem when I use keyboard control.

What I have already tried:

I have done all sorts of fiddling with the graphic settings, but that has no noticeable affect. I have updated the drivers on both my gamepad and my graphics card. I have tried various controller settings but nothing seems to work. I even went into the .ini file and and experimented with the "PS2emulation" and the "PS2Streamoverflowdetection" settings, but there was no noticeable difference.

What I am running:

Windows XP pro
Pentium 4 3GHZ
1Gig of memory
ATI Radeon X300 Video Card
DirectX 9.0 (I think)
DMX 6Fire Sound Card
Logitech Dual Action Gamepad

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Old 03-28-2006, 04:51 PM   #2
Homer of Kittens

Quote:
Originally Posted by portabello
Problem:

I am having some major problems using my gamepad with Indigo Prophecy. I am using a Logitech Dual Action gamepad and whenever I use either the left or right analog stick the game's framerate drops quite noticeably. I don't have this problem when I use keyboard control.

What I have already tried:

I have done all sorts of fiddling with the graphic settings, but that has no noticeable affect. I have updated the drivers on both my gamepad and my graphics card. I have tried various controller settings but nothing seems to work. I even went into the .ini file and and experimented with the "PS2emulation" and the "PS2Streamoverflowdetection" settings, but there was no noticeable difference.

What I am running:

Windows XP pro
Pentium 4 3GHZ
1Gig of memory
ATI Radeon X300 Video Card
DirectX 9.0 (I think)
DMX 6Fire Sound Card
Logitech Dual Action Gamepad

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
I have the same logitech controller and no problem. You need to have the latest DirectX 9 for this game to run properly (Direct X governs the graphics as well as the Input/Output), so make sure you have the latest. I believe the latest might be 9.c. Check the game manual or Atari's forums for what version of Direct X is required by the game. If the problem still persists, contact Atari's tech support.

Firefox rules
Old 03-28-2006, 05:28 PM   #3
Funky Member

Thank you.