You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-15-2006, 07:46 PM   #1
The Solomon of Sarcasm

Default Scratches problem

I just got Scratches yesterday. I played the demo back when it came out and was suitably impressed, save for the fact that when I went into a closeup scene, it would for some reason show the closeup I had seen previous to the current one. For instance, when I went to look at the phone on the desk, it showed me the interior of the car...except all the hotspots corresponded to the phone scene. When I interacted with a hotspot, it would show me where I was supposed to be, but still...confusing. I assumed this was something faulty with the demo.

Then I got the game home and put it in...same damn thing. Any idea what the problem is? I tried it on the various gamma correction modes, no such luck. Any clues, anyone?

Advertisers don't program morals into their audiences. It would be bad for business.
--Sara Ogaz, Queen of the World

Just about every adventure game includes you needing to combine a ham and a wrench to make a "porkscrew".
--Kevin Wilson
Old 03-15-2006, 11:43 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by NemelChelovek
I just got Scratches yesterday. I played the demo back when it came out and was suitably impressed, save for the fact that when I went into a closeup scene, it would for some reason show the closeup I had seen previous to the current one. For instance, when I went to look at the phone on the desk, it showed me the interior of the car...except all the hotspots corresponded to the phone scene. When I interacted with a hotspot, it would show me where I was supposed to be, but still...confusing. I assumed this was something faulty with the demo.

Then I got the game home and put it in...same damn thing. Any idea what the problem is? I tried it on the various gamma correction modes, no such luck. Any clues, anyone?
weird! my only idea is really to clean up all temporary files on your pc, and double check for spyware at the same time. i would uninstall the game first, keeping the "saved games" folder (if you can find it. ive uninstalled game now so cant check) for after you've re-installed.

window washer is good ( http://www.webroot.com/land/komando_...5e673f1b949453 ), although you may find a demo somewhere online. for spyware try ewido and ad-aware (google them).

good luck

Last edited by gandalftheking; 03-15-2006 at 11:53 PM.