You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-13-2006, 04:43 PM   #1
Pink fluffy Xmas bunny

Default Help with KOTOR 2 system specs

My system isn't great but I had no problems playing Star Wars : Knights of the Old Republic, but I'm just wondering how it will cope with KotoR 2 ?

Intel Celeron 2.6 GHz
256Mb ram
120Gb HD
Geforce 4 MX 440

???????

Any advice would be helpful as I don't want to spend £30 on the game only to find that it won't run.
The specs on the box say you need a minimum of 256 Mb ram, and Geforce 4 is supported, but I'm just worried that my minimum specs will affect the gameplay?
Old 03-15-2006, 07:27 PM   #2

That sounds about like what I have, except you have a larger hard drive.

I had absolutely no problems playing the game on my computer.
Old 03-16-2006, 04:03 PM   #3

the game is using exactly the same graphics engine like the 1st one. i have an weaker pc than yours and i played both of them in full graphics display.
so i cant see any reason of having a problem!

hope you enjoy it, even though i like the 1st one more for a more complete story.
Old 03-16-2006, 04:04 PM   #4
The Thread™ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manhunter71
Any advice would be helpful as I don't want to spend £30 on the game only to find that it won't run.
If it runs I can't see the speed specifically affecting gameplay, and if the original game ran fine then you should be OK.

Make sure you don't spend £30, though . Shop around and you should be able to find it much cheaper (my copy cost £9.97, I think, but the price then went back up at www.mx2.co.uk)...

I do not change to be perfect. Perfect changes to be me.

Old 03-17-2006, 05:12 PM   #5
Pink fluffy Xmas bunny

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLacey
If it runs I can't see the speed specifically affecting gameplay, and if the original game ran fine then you should be OK.

Make sure you don't spend £30, though . Shop around and you should be able to find it much cheaper (my copy cost £9.97, I think, but the price then went back up at www.mx2.co.uk)...

Thanks for the info
I finally found the game at Gamestation for £19.97 pre-owned
The only problem was that the game wouldn't play after I had installed it Even though I met all the system specs on the back of the box the game still wouldn't run - eventually I found that I needed to download different graphics drivers in order to run the game.

I have now been playing the game for 2 days and I love it. It doesn't quite have the atmosphere and epic storyline of the first one, and it seems a lot easier to level up, but it's a great game with some cool jedi powers

I don't remember the "Influence" factor in the first game but maybe I'm wrong?

Old 03-17-2006, 06:50 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manhunter71
Thanks for the info

I don't remember the "Influence" factor in the first game but maybe I'm wrong?
yes you are right not to remember the influence factor since it didnt exist in the first game. in this one, depending how you treat your teamates, you gain influence on them. then you can use it to turn then into dark or light path!

this is really good cause you dont have to just kill the teammates they dont agree like the 1st game. (in the 1st game, when following the dark path, u were left with only 1 more dark jedi, and so u had to take a normal character, who was easilly beat up... oh well)

kudos for lucas!!!!!
Old 03-17-2006, 07:04 PM   #7
Pink fluffy Xmas bunny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywalker333

kudos for lucas!!!!!

I agree
I think it's a great addition to the game and it gives a lot more meaning to the choices you make
Old 03-17-2006, 07:59 PM   #8
is not wierd

I've just started playing this one, and I'm liking it so far. Hopefully it stays good.

And manhunter, if your system could play the first one then it should have no problems with the second. The graphics appear to be exactly the same.