You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-08-2006, 11:33 AM   #1
Lazy Bee

Default The longest journey help!!

Two problems:
First the game shuts itself down all the time.
That I can live with, but secon problem is worse: In chapter 11 when I´m supposed to get back to Burns (after I´ve met McAllen) his garagedoor is closed. April can walk right through it without getting to the next scene, so it seems like a bug or something. I´ve checked walkthroughs so I´m pretty sure.

I´ve got an XP and I´ve compability mode 2000. My game is PC DVD-ROM one disc only
jjacob advised that I should get the latest patch from TLJsite and I have downloaded it. But what do I do with it? Does it run automatically or do I have to start it somehow. Sorry for my poor computer knowledge./LenaJ

EDIT: It´s working!!

Last edited by Jelena; 02-08-2006 at 01:28 PM.
Old 02-08-2006, 10:08 PM   #2
fov
Rattenmonster

Glad you got it working!

I didn't know this game had been released on DVD? Is it in English?
Old 02-09-2006, 01:52 AM   #3
Lazy Bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by fov
I didn't know this game had been released on DVD? Is it in English?
Well, hrm... I really wouldn´t see the difference between a DVD or a CD to be honsest. I just copied what was on the top of the box. As I wrote I´ve got one disc only and it´s the swedish version.

The reason why I didn´t get it to work in the first place (after downloading the patch and installing it) was because I continued the game outside the closed garagedoor (that was supposed to be open). When I started a previous saved game and replayed it up to that point it worked well.

Maybe this problem only occurs in the Swedish version?
Old 02-09-2006, 03:54 AM   #4
Aj_
Beyond Belief

There is a DVD version in French, German, and Swedish AFAIK. I believe it's the 4CD version on a DVD, like the Blader Runner DVD.
Old 02-11-2006, 05:32 AM   #5

There are new DVD versions out in a couple of countries which are for the newer (2CD) release. Whether a DVD or CDs are chosen as a medium is usually up to the publisher, and they probably decide that based on printing costs and costs for the box. I would imagine that DVD is cheaper overall.

How to tell what you have: If the version number in the title screen (or version number of the game.exe) is 148 or higher, you've got a new release. You should install the patch 156 from the longestjourney.com website which fixes a few issues, like the one with the garage doors described earlier in this thread.