You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-08-2006, 11:38 AM   #1

Default Jack the Ripper

I'm at the night-time section of Day 2, in back of the Laundry at the puzzle of the two dials which must be positioned correctly before I can pass through the door. I have collected the card on the wall across from the whorehouse in which the laundry is advertising for a delivery person and seen the calendar on the laundry's front door. From these, I deduced that the wheel symbols should be the dragon and pig, but nothing happened when I tried this. I switched the order of the symbols, and, as two of the symbols are rather ambiguous, either of which could be a pig, I experimented around with these, to no avail. Eventually, I gave up and consulted a walk-thru, and found that my original deduction was indeed the correct one. So I tried again, to no avail. I then poked around the game-world to see if I might hit any trigger-points, without luck. I did notice one thing though, when I first took the advertisement for the laundry employee, it disappeared from the wall when it was added to my inventory, yet upon returning to the alley, I found that the ad had returned to its place on the wall, although it also remained in my inventory. I "took" the ad again, hoping this might trigger better luck at the laundry door, but this was not to be. I also noticed that the walk-thru said I would hear a "click" when the dial-animals were properly positioned, but I have heard nothing after several attempts.

I played this game shortly after it came out, and seem to remember having problems at this point then, although somehow I managed to get by it and complete the game. Is this a bug in the game or have I missed a trigger-spot somewhere else in the game world, or is the walk-thru missing some piece of information I need?

Antoinetta