You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Hint Requests and Technical Problems Anti-aliasing problems in The Longest Journey and Grim Fandango

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-04-2006, 05:24 PM   #1
Grah! Grah!

Default Anti-aliasing problems in The Longest Journey and Grim Fandango

I seem to experience problems with anti-aliasing in both these games. At 8x anti-aliasing The Longest Journey seems fine, until you enter certain screens, such as April's closet, where the hotspots and so on all change over to the new scene, but the previous scene continues to be rendered. Lower levels of anti-aliasing don't have this problem, but instead create random blocks of blurring on the backgrounds and interface. Grim Fandango is less severe, in that there's only a problem in 8x anti-aliasing (the characters all completely disappear.)

Has anyone else had problems like this? I have a GeForce 6600GT, 81.98 drivers, Windows XP and the original British release of The Longest Journey.
Old 01-04-2006, 08:31 PM   #2
Aj_
Beyond Belief

Longest Journey is known to have problems with Anti-Aliasing, I didn't try it with Grim Fandango, are they both DirectX 7 games?
Old 01-04-2006, 08:52 PM   #3
Grah! Grah!

The Longest Journey is, Grim Fandango is DirectX 6. It's strange, I remember playing through The Longest Journey on my old GeForce 4 with anti-aliasing and no problems. I wonder if it could be related to drivers... I've had some weird problems in older games after installing new drivers...