You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Hint Requests and Technical Problems HI there, Kings Quest 7 princess bride problem

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-03-2006, 10:05 PM   #1

Default HI there, Kings Quest 7 princess bride problem

i get a internal game error "error 105" , its weird when i installed it it worked fine, and i was on the first chapter when the queen ripped her dress on a cactus, then quitted cuz i knew it worked already, then i went out for a bit, then when i came back to play the game, it said i had an error 105, can sum1 help me on this? thnx in advance.
Old 01-04-2006, 02:51 AM   #2
Fire Dragon/Pisces

Default Welcome

Welcome on board, rYuzakki

KQ7 patches:

ftp://ftp.sierra.com/pub/patches/pc/kq7pat.exe
(this one is only for versions BELOW 2.0)

SB patch (for other sierra games as well):
http://66.49.226.244/utilities/GOSiERRAv3.zip

this is on the same page, PC troubleshooting, on this error:

1. Error 105: probably you have KQ7 version 2.0A - bad news, this was replaced by CDROM version, recalled from market etc.

2. Problem: "Error 105: Attempt to load wrong type" or "Error 99: Error loading resource 10005". Error numbers may vary.
Solution: This type of error is usually caused by corrupted program files or a bad installation of the game. To correct this, delete the game and run CHKDSK /F or SCANDISK to detect and correct any hard drive errors. Then, boot up with a Windows 3.1 or Windows 95 boot disk for King's Quest 7 and reinstall the game.

These errors can also occur when the King's Quest VII program is unable to read files off the CD. The most common reason for this is a dirty or scratched CD. You should check the CD to make sure that there are no smudges, fingerprints, scratches or cracks on it. If you see any smudges on the CD, clean it off with a soft cloth and try it again. If this doesn't work, the problem may lie with the CD ROM drivers. You should make sure that you are using the latest version (v2.23) of MSCDEX in your AUTOEXEC.BAT. If you're using DOS 6.2 or higher, use the MSCDEX in your CDOS directory, this one is version 2.23. You should also check with the CD ROM drive manufacturer to make sure that you have the latest version of their CD drivers. Outdated or incompatible drivers can also cause this type of problem.

This error can also be caused by a defective CD. The easiest way to get a new CD is to exchange it at the store where you bought the game. If they are unable to exchange it for you, we can exchange it directly. Please see the back of your game documentation for details.

Last edited by Jolaes; 01-04-2006 at 02:58 AM.