Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   Hint Requests and Technical Problems (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/hint-requests-technical-problems/)
-   -   Missing - The 13th Victim: Yayn and Nasnia (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/hint-requests-technical-problems/12265-missing-13th-victim-yayn-nasnia.html)

Lord C 12-11-2005 09:53 AM

Missing - The 13th Victim: Yayn and Nasnia

Hi,

can anyone give me a hint - just a hint, no solution - to 2 of the puzzles in Yayn and Nasnia?

In Yayn, I have to find out the press card number, but I have no idea how - and if - the positions on the dial-like thing where the words imperium and magnus appear are related to the numbers. I also received the mail about falkirk being a metal band and a town, but although one of their albums is titled Magnus Imperium, I don't see how that's supposed to help me.

In Nasnia, the Phoenix tells me I already know someone's fist name (but whose?) and that his angel will open the puzzle for me. But other than finding out that Nad Jizerou is a town, I don't have the slightest clue what he wants from me. And how do the 2 photographs fit into this?

Any help would be much appreiciated!

InsaneClownPosse 12-13-2005 10:52 AM

Hi, I'm stuck on the same puzzle for Yayn. I don't have any clue for the numbers. The only thoughts I've got are that "Magnus Imperium" is latin for "The Great Empire". I tried the years for which the Roman Empire existed but it doesn't work.

In Nasnia I can't even do the first one - the one with the rhythm of the chick.. So any help would be nice ;)

Anyone - please help .. I searched the entire internet and the only place I found was this.

Thanks

InsaneClownPosse 12-13-2005 03:23 PM

;) Horray, I did the Yayn puzzle :)

So the thing is really in this french metal band Falkirk. In their site there is a pictures section. There is the photos section and in it there are the credits for the pictures.

Credits : Stéphanie Bonvalot, Arman Molavi, Tom Altman

That's quite enough help for this puzzle. ;)
I still can't do the Nasnia one though so any help with it would be nice.

fov 12-13-2005 04:12 PM

Welcome to the forum. :)

Unfortunately, I don't think many of us are playing / have played the 13th Victim expansion pack. Still, hopefully someone will have an idea for you.

OutLaw 12-13-2005 08:19 PM

Dang, I knew it had something to do with that rock group. I even looked through the photos, i saw Tom's name and ran a search on Tom Altman but couldn't find anything there. I looked thru the photos and didnt see anything interesting so I tried the dates of when the Magnus Imperium cd came out (there were 3 different dates) and emailed the guy on how to purchase his cd lol. I need help with the rythm puzzle too...can't figure out when the lines should go right and down. Any help would be nice.

OutLaw 12-13-2005 08:56 PM

Well I finially figured out the rythm part of the puzzle I think (or i just got lucky). I ended up moving my mouse while clicking the left mouse button and try and make the cursor move with her body from lower left position on the screen to slowly upper right part of the screen where her right sholder reaches its peak before moving back down.

Lord C 12-14-2005 03:47 AM

Solved Yayn myself now, although only because the SKL-Agency sent me a mail with Toms full name...
If you search for his name in quotes, something should come up that will help you.

Still no clue about Nasnia though. Got an email for this one too, saying

Spoiler:
that it's about the name of Carolina's guardian angel (so it should be her angel, not his), and that name could be found by figuring out her birthday, but as to how to figure it out...?

klarax 12-14-2005 04:17 AM

god dammit

This Nasnia is doing my head in.... been at it ages...

Do you have to use both the lines or just one??

Think there's a site on the web that has answer (not walkthrough) kinda like the entire game has ben so far......

PLZ HELP.

InsaneClownPosse 12-14-2005 08:45 AM

Hey guys I received an email from Kristin about the Nasnia puzzle (the tattoo part). So if anyone is stuck here it is:
Spoiler:
The symbol reminds me of an owl. The owl is the pet of Minerva (Athena for the Greeks). So all you have to do is type Athena. What a joker!

sheerblade 12-14-2005 05:58 PM

I got thru the Yayn one just fine, go figure i been a falkirk fan for a bit hehe. Im stuck like hell on the rhythm of Nasnia.

OutLaw 12-14-2005 08:14 PM

For some reason I'm not getting any of the emails from the game. Same thing happened when I played the original Missing. I'm stuck on the angels name, I've tried all the Hebrew angel names from each birthstone plus all the names of the angels from the 12 tribes of Israel. I'm out of ideas...if anybody recieved an email with a clue about the angel's name could you post it here please. Thanks.

As far as that rythm puzzle...I posted above but like I said, I might have just gotten lucky. I tried for over an hour and the time it finally worked was when I moved the mouse cursor with the lines in accordance to her body moving left to right and up to down.

Also if you wait long enough on the angel's name part of the puzzle it will give you the word chrysolite (which is a birthstone for the Sun sign of Libra). I found a site with all the birthstones listed with each guardian angel's name. I tried all 12 names of the angels listed and still nothing...

Dale Baldwin 12-14-2005 09:27 PM

Does this page help at all?

OutLaw 12-14-2005 11:40 PM

Yeah thanks Dale...I typed in each name in random beginning with Libra and then randomly choosing signs. I just about gave up after typing over 50 names until I finally hit the jackpot. I found the website where you should be able to get more information on Alex Borgo (Liberation website), it now says you have to pay to see the information. I'm pretty sure it's the right website...tell me if i'm wrong. http://www.liberation.com/

of course you have to translate to english and then type Alex Borgo in the search.

There is also this site to find Carolina's family tree in order to get her birthdate...but you need whoever created the family tree's username/password. Which led me to the liberation site from above. http://www.czech-genealogicka.org/

Lord C 12-15-2005 02:37 AM

Quote:

For some reason I'm not getting any of the emails from the game. Same thing happened when I played the original Missing.
There's a patch that's supposed to fix the email-problem:

http://www.dreamcatchergames.com/tac...G_Patch_PC.exe

InsaneClownPosse 12-15-2005 11:25 AM

So .. what's Carolina's sirname required on this site: http://www.czech-genealogicka.org/ ?

I can't find her family tree if I don't have her sirname. And how can I see the article about Alex Borgo ? Paying is needed.. :frown:

You can always type down the name of the angel, of course, or send it on a private massage to me :D

OutLaw 12-15-2005 01:50 PM

Carolina's last name is
Spoiler:
Molikova
Look at Dale's link above for a list of guardian angels.

Now I'm stuck on Sadedali puzzle where the 9 and the 6 replace the 4 and the 1 on Jupiter's Magic Square. I know all the rows and columns add up to 34 and that in old greek they used numbers to mean letters (1 = a, 2 = b, and so on) Not sure the meaning of the 9 and 6 replacing the 4 and 1. Any ideas?

klarax 12-15-2005 05:40 PM

Anyone else think this game is difficult???

got past most of the puzzles, and am up to :

Thamur / Salla / Sadedali

I also completed the first part of Sadedai ... (the eyes)

So.... and info on the whole string of numbers thing.... speak up, dont be shy :P

odoc69 12-15-2005 11:28 PM

Help

I have gotten thru one of the first puzzles. I havent been able to figure out the first part of nasnia and the second partlanor. I have read the post on nasnia and the clicking but what I don't understand is do the lines have to get across the picture or is it a matter of just timing as in click to move to the right as soon as she starts to turn and then clicking again when she starts to move back down. As for lanor who am I supposed to do. I tranlasted the message that comes up but then what?

klarax 12-16-2005 12:46 PM

the trick with nasnia is to watch the lines, they flash bigger at certain points and a noise is played to help identify this. click when this happens.

Both lines need to be used. The line going down is first, followed by the line going across.

Hope that helps ppl stuck on that part.

OutLaw 12-16-2005 11:20 PM

I've finished all the puzzles except for Sadedai. I'm stuck on the numbers part of it with the barcode thing. And no matter what order or what colors the same string of numbers always ends up the same. If only I knew the purpose of the 9 and 6 replacing the 4 and 1 ... any clues much appreciated.