You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-28-2005, 10:51 AM   #1
Schättenjager

Default Fable TLC startup?

When I want to start game,it gives the message that d3dx9_25.dll couldnt find,reinstalling may solve problem.As far as I know this is a directx file and my pc running directx 9.0c without a problem however couldn't find this file from dx diagnose either.When I want to reinstall dx 9.0c gives the message
this software dont have win xp compatibility and windows logo test..will not install and no permission for copying files,anyone know that how can I by-pass this?
Old 10-07-2005, 11:56 AM   #2
The Almighty Cheese-Nip

Send a message via Yahoo to Maxwell Vickers

Gabe, give it up. These A-holes don't seem to wanna answer anythign related to fable
mine has 24 views and no answer
Old 10-07-2005, 12:54 PM   #3
Schättenjager

problem solved when unloading winblinds
Old 10-09-2005, 11:54 PM   #4

Fable: The Lost Chapter? It's a good game. I wonder why nobody is talking about it. Many seem to have misunderstood that is for kids, the game indeed is for teens, but it's also a enjoyable game for many adults and I am one of them.

DirectX 9.0c is stable. Your problem is very singular. Good that you have resolved it. If you want to share your experience of Fable:TLC, write it up in the forum, at least I will read it.
Old 10-09-2005, 11:56 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxwell Vickers
Gabe, give it up. These A-holes don't seem to wanna answer anythign related to fable
mine has 24 views and no answer
Same happens to Just Adventure forum. Both forums are only advertising medium. They will talk about the games but if you have problems, just a few will provide you with help. It is very commercial. I mentioned a very good game which is now 3 years old, and no one would answer the thread!

Believe me, you are not alone.
Old 10-09-2005, 11:59 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Most MisunderstoodMan
Same happens to Just Adventure forum. Both forums are only advertising medium. They will talk about the games but if you have problems, just a few will provide you with help. It is very commercial. I mentioned a very good game which is now 3 years old, and no one would answer the thread!

Believe me, you are not alone.
Did you consider that no-one knows the solution to the problem and that's why they haven't replied?

Anyhow, sounds like it's sorted now
Old 10-10-2005, 01:02 AM   #7
woof

Send a message via AIM to Karmillo Send a message via MSN to Karmillo

[QUOTE=Many seem to have misunderstood that is for kids, the game indeed is for teens, but it's also a enjoyable game for many adults and I am one of them.[/QUOTE]

Im suprised someone could make that mistake, since you have the choice of becoming a pimp
Old 10-13-2006, 02:13 AM   #8

Default Fable - Can't get past first quest!!!

I have another problem with this game, during the very first part where I have to get the sweets for Theresa. Have done all the good deeds but as soon as I beat up the bully and get the teddy bear everyone becomes 'hostile' ie. with red aura around them, so I can't talk to anyone, including father to get the money for the good deeds! have tried this three times now, still stuck! Any advice please?
Old 10-13-2006, 04:43 AM   #9

Your problem is solved as you say but I will give out a piece of info that could help some users in the future. Microsoft releases monthly or bi-monthly revisions of Direct-X 9.0c, which are know as Direct-X 9.0c (August, October etc.). So some games despite having Direct-X 9.0c installed don’t work because what they need is the particular monthly release. There is a lot of confusion around this issue unfortunately. All in all Fable is a tremendously cool game and the forthcoming Fable 2 will be even more “open-minded”, allowing you to raise your own children… Now beat that

Games: Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, World of Warcraft
Music: Laurent Garnier - Restrospective, Squarepusher - Hello Everything
Movies: Terry Gilliam - Tideland