You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming General Psychonauts postmortem in Game Developer

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-08-2005, 12:39 PM   #1
OB

Default Psychonauts postmortem in Game Developer

http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/new...php?story=6150

Hopefully, this will filter to Gamasutra in the coming weeks. I can't find GD magazine on the rack anymore.

Quote:
The cover feature for the August 2005 issue is a postmortem of Double Fine's warped action platform title Psychonauts. which went through two publishers and four years of cinched belts before seeing the light of day. What holds a development team together when the game they're making is literally straining toward psychosis? Game Developer strives to find out.
Old 08-08-2005, 12:47 PM   #2
merely human

I moved this topic to General Gaming as Psychonauts is actually more of an action/adventure/platformer.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 08-12-2005, 11:41 AM   #3

There's a thread at Thumbs that discusses the article:

http://forums.idlethumbs.net/showthread.php?t=3206

Shhh, you didn't hear it from me but go read the thread if you want to read the full article.
Old 08-18-2005, 04:12 AM   #4
OB

I'll just stick this here:

- Majesco and Xbox Live have revealed that the previously announced Advent Rising contest to win $1,000,000 has been cancelled, in the wake of technical issues relating to the game pieces meant to be downloaded over Xbox Live. As compensation, Majesco is offering two free Xbox games to anyone who sends in a copy of an Advent Rising UPC tag along with shipping information and XBL Gamertag; players may choose from BloodRayne 2, Guilty Gear X2 #Reload, Psychonauts, Raze's Hell, and Phantom Dust. Those wanting to redeem their UPC codes must send them in by September 15 to receive the games."