You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-23-2006, 12:37 AM   #21
Slim Shady

The development team of the game will make an appearence at the game convention in Leipzig.You can also watch the latest videos of the game at http://www.gametrailers.com/gamepage.php?id=1053.
Old 08-23-2006, 10:40 AM   #22
Headbanger

Cool, there was a video there that I hadn't seen before. So there should be some news posted after GC then? I can't wait.
Old 08-31-2006, 11:09 AM   #23
In an evening of July...

The Witcher now has a publisher (ATARI) and is scheduled for early 2007.
Old 08-31-2006, 12:03 PM   #24
Slim Shady

The Witcher team photo from LGC

The game is going to be published in spring 2007 both in Asia and Europe.

Last edited by Solid Snake; 08-31-2006 at 12:14 PM.
Old 09-01-2006, 01:04 PM   #25
Headbanger

Thanks, fingers crossed that I will get it in my hands in a years time then.
Old 09-06-2006, 01:34 PM   #26

Don't know if this is new but there is a video preview on ign:

http://pc.ign.com/articles/730/730679p1.html

They really seem to be making the choices you make really matter through the whole game.
Old 09-06-2006, 03:14 PM   #27
Dungeon Master

Cool video, thanks. I must say I am much less sceptical about this game than I was one year/one page ago.
Old 09-08-2006, 09:25 AM   #28
gaybrush threepwoody

Send a message via AIM to eriq Send a message via Yahoo to eriq

Anyone been following 'The Witcher' at all lately? It's THE game I am waiting for at the moment. Moreso than Neverwinter Nights 2. The graphics and gameplay look amazing. They just updated the site with new graphics.

http://thewitcher.com/witcher.asp
Old 09-11-2006, 05:01 AM   #29
clockwork traitor.

Send a message via MSN to skip

Yeah, I've been keeping up with it and it looks to be one of the [if not the] best rpg yet, or at least for awhile (Oblivion had way too much hype and isn't particularly my type).

I'm even working on a fan site (http://thewitcher.carbonscoring.com/ - haven't worked on it in a few.. months :x) as there doesn't seem to be a decent [English] one around..
Old 09-11-2006, 06:45 AM   #30
gaybrush threepwoody

Send a message via AIM to eriq Send a message via Yahoo to eriq

Quote:
Originally Posted by skip
Oblivion had way too much hype and isn't particularly my type
I agree. Played it... something about it was just blahhh.

The Witcher has that old school "Neverwinter Nights" and "Baldur's Gate/Icewind Dale" feel to it but kicked up quite a few notches. Have you watched the movies on gamespot? Quite wicked! I can't wait.

Last edited by eriq; 09-11-2006 at 07:05 AM.
Old 09-11-2006, 05:42 PM   #31
clockwork traitor.

Send a message via MSN to skip

I've watched all the videos on GameTrailers but I'm capped at the moment so I can't watch the IGN or any others till the 21st. :/

And yeah, it definently 'feels' different so far to the latest RPGs (Titan Quest, Oblivion etc). I hoped it would be out this year. D:
Old 09-13-2006, 04:41 PM   #32
Staff Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolorabi
I loved Morrowind so much too - it was far removed from the standard Tolkien-based fantasy stuff that we're used to.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHA
Old 09-13-2006, 04:47 PM   #33
Staff Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henke
it will start to prey for its life saying that it's really a normal human being that has been transformed by black magic. If you choose not to kill him then you will make enemies with your employer but you can help the monster to regain his human form. But the monster isn't necessarily speaking the thruth. Your choices will reflect how different people will see you and the game will have three different endings. The story is suppose to present harsh subjects like racism among others.
Been there done that.

I'm sorry to be cynical, but I agree with Trep. We've been promised this stuff before, and rarey, if ever, had it delivered properly. Take Jade Empire. It had stuff like this, but it didn't really change anything apart from what attacks you could use and what ending you got. And you could "repent" for a life spent murdering people by, I don't know, fetching a few little girls some flowers or something. Oh, and sorry, It wasn't "good" or "bad". It was "closed fist" or "open palm" (read "dark side" or "light side").
Old 09-13-2006, 04:55 PM   #34
Staff Member

Quote:
He can become a noble hero or a foul villain. All his behaviors, actions and deeds are remembered by the inhabitants of this world and are reflected in the character’s Reputation.
Yep, definitely "deciding whether to kill monsters or not and helping people who've lost their necklaces" as an excuse for not providing any real moral depth. Yawn.
Old 09-13-2006, 10:53 PM   #35
delusions of adequacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuboy
Take Jade Empire. It had stuff like this, but it didn't really change anything apart from what attacks you could use and what ending you got. And you could "repent" for a life spent murdering people by, I don't know, fetching a few little girls some flowers or something.
In JE you could turn people over to your way of thinking (one or two at least) and they would stick by you when you came to the 'ultimate decision'. You could also recruit Deaths Head (hand?) if you where nasty enough. To be fair it was probably one of the better defining moment choices in most rpgs I've played yet (Kotor's was very weak by comparison). I might dislike everything coming down to just one choice but at least this time it was about killing or saving a God. What the hell does it matter if 1 or 1000 humans die by your hands? (to quote Slaine - "I didn't think it too many") we're insignificant enough in real life, and human life hasn't an ounce of its real world value in almost any computer game ever made.

Maybe the Ultima's did an ok job in the moral questioning department, but even they tended to chicken out in favour of a being rollicking good games rather than an 'emotional sim'. Most people do play games for entertainment, if that means it takes a little imagination on the part of the player to think further on the moral decisions/bent of their character rather than let the game do it all - so what?
Old 09-15-2006, 02:57 PM   #36
Headbanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuboy
Been there done that.

I'm sorry to be cynical, but I agree with Trep. We've been promised this stuff before, and rarey, if ever, had it delivered properly. Take Jade Empire. It had stuff like this, but it didn't really change anything apart from what attacks you could use and what ending you got. And you could "repent" for a life spent murdering people by, I don't know, fetching a few little girls some flowers or something. Oh, and sorry, It wasn't "good" or "bad". It was "closed fist" or "open palm" (read "dark side" or "light side").
In The Witcher you are faced with these decisions all the time and the story takes different turns based on all the decisions you make. There will almost always be bad as well as good stuff that happens as a result of whatever choice you make but of course the story will evolve differently. The books on which the game is based on are suppose to deal with real moral dilemmas so I deffinatelt have high hopes for this one. If the game will deliver in the end is something that the future will decide.
Old 10-23-2006, 04:32 PM   #37
Slim Shady

Have you seen the new teaser trailer, it kicks ass.
Old 10-23-2006, 07:14 PM   #38
is not wierd

The website's descriptions are incredibly vague, beyond it being "visually spectacular" and "deep and intriguing."

The screen caps look pretty good, though, I guess...
Old 05-03-2007, 07:43 AM   #39
Vigilant

http://www.gametrailers.com/gamepage.php?id=1053#trailers

Thought some of you Witcher fans might be interested in the new trailer. Unfortunatly, it's not in game but there are already some of those out as well.
Old 05-10-2007, 06:06 PM   #40
Headbanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by TangentBlack View Post
http://www.gametrailers.com/gamepage.php?id=1053#trailers

Thought some of you Witcher fans might be interested in the new trailer. Unfortunatly, it's not in game but there are already some of those out as well.
Thank you!