Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   General (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/general/)
-   -   Leisure Suit Larry Magna Cum Laude (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/general/9598-leisure-suit-larry-magna-cum-laude.html)

Reflection 08-05-2005 04:56 PM

Leisure Suit Larry Magna Cum Laude

This game looks hilarious. Is it worth buying?

SakSquash 08-05-2005 05:00 PM

Don't do it! For the love of god don't!

It's not an adventure game.

Reflection 08-05-2005 05:01 PM

why?

SakSquash 08-05-2005 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reflection
why?

Seek and ye shall find.

simpson_yellow 08-05-2005 05:23 PM

And an AG opinion here.

One of those games to be played only if you're paid handsomely to do so.

RLacey 08-06-2005 01:58 AM

I won a free copy, and actually was playing it just yesterday on a friend's PS2.

It's rubbish, okay? ;)

Reflection 08-06-2005 05:53 AM

What about the older Leisure Suit Larry games?

RLacey 08-06-2005 05:59 AM

Quote:

What about the older Leisure Suit Larry games?

Someone will say they're fantastic. I'll say m3h, but this is based only on limited experience. They never appealed to me in the same way as Sierra's other work.

smashing 08-06-2005 06:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RLacey
Someone will say they're fantastic. I'll say m3h, but this is based only on limited experience. They never appealed to me in the same way as Sierra's other work.

m3h?

Sierra's LSL series were quite good, in that it offered a different kind of experience in the heydays of adventuring. I mean, it really get oh-so-boring after a while with games after games offering heroes with tonnes of chances to perform heroic acts. Larry on the other hand, is well, Larry. :D

RLacey 08-06-2005 06:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smashing
m3h?

Sorry. I meant to say that I thought they were distinctly average, and ended up writing gibberish. That'll teach me :crazy:...

Kolorabi 08-06-2005 06:32 AM

I thought it was kind of fun (though my playing came to an abrupt halt when my hd caught fire and took out quite a few saved games, including the Larry-saves).

A friend of mine who's a real fan of the Larry games (I've always thought they were pretty crap, to be honest, no idea why everyone talks about them as if they were classics) recently completed it on the PS2. He thought it was very true to the style of the Larry games, though ofcourse the gameplay is totally different.

Reflection 08-06-2005 06:38 AM

Larry looks about 12 in this game.

simpson_yellow 08-06-2005 07:09 AM

Quote:

Larry looks about 12 in this game.

If you're talking about Magna Cum Laude, that's because it's not actually Larry. The game's protagonist is Larry's nephew or something. I believe Larry makes a cameo at some point(s) in the game.

samIamsad 08-07-2005 04:31 AM

I had some fun while playing it (drunk) with my neighbour. :D Heh. To quote my brother:

ROFTL.
Mwahaha.
OMG
That's my game!!
LOL.
OMG.
Bwahaha

I don't know if he has ever finished it, though. I haven't, gets pretty repetitive afer a while.

BigRobot 08-07-2005 04:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by simpson_yellow
If you're talking about Magna Cum Laude, that's because it's not actually Larry. The game's protagonist is Larry's nephew or something. I believe Larry makes a cameo at some point(s) in the game.

It's actually a pretty neat cameo. You find Lefty's Bar (a replica of the place where LSL 1 begins), which has now become a chain, and inside is uncle Larry. He's voiced by the same guy who plays him in LSL 7 and proceeds to make lots of references to the previous games. Other than that, "m3h."