'Grand Theft Auto' Yanked for Steamy Content - Page 3 - Adventure Forums
You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming General 'Grand Theft Auto' Yanked for Steamy Content


 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-22-2005, 12:58 PM   #41
Senior Member
 
Sirus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Texas, US
Posts: 227
Send a message via AIM to Sirus
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoccerDude28
Man that Jack Thompson guy, *&$*#&($#&($#&($&#(&#$(*&$(#&(#&$($&#($&
#&$#(&$(#*&$#(&$#(&$(#&($*#&($*#&(*&$#(*&$(#*&$(#* &$*(#&(
Apparently his email is [email protected].
Sirus is offline  
Old 07-22-2005, 01:06 PM   #42
OUATIJ Creator
 
Once A Villain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 1,640
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamNMax
No. It doesn't have to be any of those. I just like it when the music has something to do with the video. And stop being so defensive. Some people just don't like Pink Floyd(not that I don't, but don't start a war because someone supposedly bad-mouthed a band you like).
I really wouldn't call myself a big fan of Pink Floyd, but from the things you said I just got the idea that you don't know anything about the subject. Perhaps I'm wrong and you are an Encyclopedia on it. But you DO like Eminem, I'm not patronizing, you've admitted as much. I simply disagree that music has to have anything to do with a montage type of video. I mean...really...

Basically, this has nothing to do with music. We should get back on subject. I think the main reason I felt that you had some sort of mental lapse that I could capitalize on was because you said that video proves nothing when it CLEARLY does. But, I guess fanboys don't admit such things so...I'm not surprised. I've been a fanboy in my life, so I'm not hating on you.
__________________
Ben
Co-Founder Abborado Studios
Lead Designer - Once Upon a Time in Japan: Earth
Once A Villain is offline  
Old 07-22-2005, 01:06 PM   #43
The Thread™ will die.
 
RLacey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 22,542
Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mag
Well, it is pretty rare. But then, so are porn games. There are a few AO rated games</a>, but you don't see them because most stores don't carry games with that rating.
Can someone explain to me why groups such as Walmart have such a position on carrying AO-rated games? Surely children aren't allowed to buy the things (I can't believe that such a prudish country wouldn't have made the AO legally binding), so what's the problem with having them on the shelves? After all, it's hardly like the box art is pornographic.

And this in a country that considers films such as American Pie and Wedding Crashers to be great works of comedy. Wonders will never cease.
__________________
RLacey | Killer of the Thread™

I do not change to be perfect. Perfect changes to be me.


RLacey is offline  
Old 07-22-2005, 01:09 PM   #44
OUATIJ Creator
 
Once A Villain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 1,640
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLacey
And this in a country that considers films such as American Pie and Wedding Crashers to be great works of comedy. Wonders will never cease.
Good point as far as mainstream success goes. But we haven't all lost our way. Some of us know that Dr. Strangelove, Bringing Up Baby, Some Like it Hot, etc. are great works of comedy. Heh.
__________________
Ben
Co-Founder Abborado Studios
Lead Designer - Once Upon a Time in Japan: Earth
Once A Villain is offline  
Old 07-22-2005, 01:09 PM   #45
SamNMax
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Once A Villain
But, I guess fanboys don't admit such things so...I'm not surprised.
Clever patronizing, there. I'm not a fanboy, sir. And yes, your previous post was patronizing. You meant it as a jab towards me. And don't give me that "I didn't say that" crock because you were thinking it.

Last edited by SamNMax; 07-22-2005 at 01:16 PM.
 
Old 07-22-2005, 01:14 PM   #46
OUATIJ Creator
 
Once A Villain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 1,640
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamNMax
Patronizing. I'm not a fanboy, sir.
SamNMax, then can you do me favor? Honestly, this will clear EVERYTHING up and I'll have a great deal of respect for your opinion if it makes sense. Please explain to me why that video "proves nothing". Just saying it proves nothing doesn't make it the truth. Please give me examples of how the video evidence either lies or has no meaning. That's all I ask. I mean, I provided a link to the video specifically because it does a great job, in my view, of proving Halo 2 is extremely forgiving to players with no skill. This is one of the reasons it's so popular...anyone can pick it up and be great in a short amount of time. So, after providing the link, you diminish it by simply saying, more or less, "That proves nothing!" All I'm asking is...WHY does it prove nothing?
__________________
Ben
Co-Founder Abborado Studios
Lead Designer - Once Upon a Time in Japan: Earth
Once A Villain is offline  
Old 07-22-2005, 01:18 PM   #47
SamNMax
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Alright. I will admit it and say that I was wrong and wasn't thinking. It does prove your point. Still, I don't think it's THAT bad. It always seemed like normal Halo multiplay to me(though I wasn't a big fan of that in the first place).
 
Old 07-22-2005, 01:22 PM   #48
OUATIJ Creator
 
Once A Villain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 1,640
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamNMax
Alright. I will admit it and say that I was wrong and wasn't thinking. It does prove your point. Still, I don't think it's THAT bad. It always seemed like normal Halo multiplay to me(though I wasn't a big fan of that in the first place).
Ok, cool. I can accept that. If it doesn't really bother you, that's totally fine. Other people share that view as well. Anyway, which Halo do you think has the better single player campaign? I actually think Halo 2's single player campaign is underrated. I thought the story was fine, I LIKED playing the Arbiter, etc.
__________________
Ben
Co-Founder Abborado Studios
Lead Designer - Once Upon a Time in Japan: Earth
Once A Villain is offline  
Old 07-22-2005, 01:23 PM   #49
SamNMax
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I agree. Halo 2's single player is the only reason I actually like it.
 
Old 07-22-2005, 05:26 PM   #50
mag
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 1,913
Send a message via AIM to mag
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLacey
Can someone explain to me why groups such as Walmart have such a position on carrying AO-rated games? Surely children aren't allowed to buy the things (I can't believe that such a prudish country wouldn't have made the AO legally binding), so what's the problem with having them on the shelves? After all, it's hardly like the box art is pornographic.

And this in a country that considers films such as American Pie and Wedding Crashers to be great works of comedy. Wonders will never cease.
Supposedly, a game that's rated AO is basically pornography. Places like Wal-Mart try to create a family-friendly image. So they don't carry AO rated games for the same reason that they don't carry pornographic movies. There's nothing necessarily wrong with that. That's just their niche. You can go somewhere else if you want porn.

mag
mag is offline  
Old 07-22-2005, 05:30 PM   #51
SamNMax
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Speaking of Wal-Mart, why is it that they carry M-rated games, but they don't carry CDs with Parental Advisory warnings on them?
 
Old 07-22-2005, 05:32 PM   #52
Squeaky
 
simpson_yellow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Canberra, Australia
Posts: 1,320
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamespot (text in quotes from Jack Thompson)
It's not just the adults that are liberated from their wardrobes. Sims kids can also be nudified, "much to the delight, one can be sure, of pedophiles around the globe who can rehearse, in virtual reality, for their abuse."
Arrrgghhh! WTF is wrong with this man?!
simpson_yellow is offline  
Old 07-22-2005, 05:35 PM   #53
SamNMax
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I don't understand this. The developers don't put these mods out. Don't attack them. But I guess this has been said a million times and these suites don't want to listen to logic.
 
Old 07-22-2005, 06:02 PM   #54
OB
 
Orange Brat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 662
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamNMax
Speaking of Wal-Mart, why is it that they carry M-rated games, but they don't carry CDs with Parental Advisory warnings on them?
They do stock them and they also carry unrated movies, now.
__________________
The Disenfranchised™ - A Film Noir adventure series for the PC. Coming later.
Orange Brat is offline  
Old 07-22-2005, 06:04 PM   #55
SamNMax
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

They don't put them on the shelves, though. But then, I haven't been there in years.
 
Old 07-22-2005, 06:57 PM   #56
The Punisher
 
[toj.cc]Phantom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Pleasant Plain, Ohio
Posts: 771
Send a message via ICQ to [toj.cc]Phantom Send a message via AIM to [toj.cc]Phantom Send a message via MSN to [toj.cc]Phantom Send a message via Yahoo to [toj.cc]Phantom
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange Brat
They do stock them and they also carry unrated movies, now.
Alot of older movies are unrated and there is nothing 'bad' in them.
__________________
I've got a bad rap as a senseless killer. Let me point out that I am a very sensible killer.
[toj.cc]Phantom is offline  
Old 07-22-2005, 07:51 PM   #57
OB
 
Orange Brat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 662
Default

I meant unrated versions of modern movies. It's now common to release the theatrical cut and a special extended unrated version on DVD. Wal-Mart used to only carry the rated one.
__________________
The Disenfranchised™ - A Film Noir adventure series for the PC. Coming later.
Orange Brat is offline  
Old 07-22-2005, 10:59 PM   #58
kamikaze hummingbirds
 
Hammerite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Over there.
Posts: 7,946
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamNMax
I don't understand this. The developers don't put these mods out. Don't attack them. But I guess this has been said a million times and these suites don't want to listen to logic.
It was because it was in the programming, the same guy's also complained about a Sims 2 cheat code to remove the censorship blurring... what's funny is this guy trying to ban it is only bringing attention to it.
__________________
The bin is a place for household rubbish, not beloved pets!
Hammerite is offline  
Old 07-22-2005, 11:48 PM   #59
Senior Member
 
Kolorabi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 900
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens
I'm wondering, weren't the original 'sex' scenes fully clothed, and you had to download a free program that 'undresses' the scenes?
In the original versions you don't get anything but a few sound effects, comical comments and a picture of the house/whatever that the dirty deeds takes place in.
Kolorabi is offline  
Old 07-25-2005, 01:41 AM   #60
Evil Webmaster
 
MDMaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 1,037
Default

Why don't parents see for themselves what are their kids playing? Why should they trust a bunch of guys who have obviously no time to play games fully? And anyway, if their kids are perverted (or soon to be), it's not like GTA mods are gonna change them that much.
__________________
Pushed back to square
Now that you've kneed her
In the throat
So there you go
MDMaster is offline  
 



Thread Tools

 


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.