'Grand Theft Auto' Yanked for Steamy Content - Page 2 - Adventure Forums
You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming General 'Grand Theft Auto' Yanked for Steamy Content


 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-22-2005, 10:57 AM   #21
Rogue Agent
 
Adventurous One's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: California
Posts: 122
Default

This whole situation is just stupid. I mean, this is the only game I have ever seen with an AO rating. I've always considered the rating a joke because you never see games with the rating. As to the rating meaning age 18 and up, big whoop. This just means a difference of a year in the ratings, which, for the most part, don't mean squat as most kids these days can get away with buying anything. I mean, a five year old on my street is allowed to play GTA and Halo, which I think are two of the stupidest games ever created. This whole situation is just pointless.
Adventurous One is offline  
Old 07-22-2005, 11:17 AM   #22
SamNMax
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adventurous One
GTA and Halo, which I think are two of the stupidest games ever created.
Can I just ask, "Why?"?
 
Old 07-22-2005, 12:00 PM   #23
OUATIJ Creator
 
Once A Villain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 1,640
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamNMax
Can I just ask, "Why?"?
Oh let me answer please please! Heh. Well, to be honest, I like the GTA games and the Halo games are alright. Here is why Halo 2 sucks compared to Halo though...this video compares the two directly. Halo 2 requires no skill.

http://www.putfile.com/media.php?n=h2in&width=640


EDIT: By the way, the release of this video was a big deal to me. It confirmed that I'm not just losing my skill at playing console FPS games. I used to play the orginal Halo with 3 of my buddies, and I always placed first or second place (me and another guy were clearly better than the other two). Suddenly, with the release of Halo 2, the two friends of mine who AREN'T very good, were suddenly AMAZING! They were killing me left and right and my precision meant NOTHING. And, of course, my friends ran around congratulating themselves on their great skill. They have no skill. Halo 2 makes beginners great...
__________________
Ben
Co-Founder Abborado Studios
Lead Designer - Once Upon a Time in Japan: Earth

Last edited by Once A Villain; 07-22-2005 at 12:13 PM.
Once A Villain is offline  
Old 07-22-2005, 12:13 PM   #24
SamNMax
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Uh, how does that prove anything at all? Practice makes perfect, you know. And a shitty choice of music on the video. I hate Halo 2's online and multiplay, but single player kicks ass and nobody can argue.
 
Old 07-22-2005, 12:21 PM   #25
OUATIJ Creator
 
Once A Villain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 1,640
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamNMax
Uh, how does that prove anything at all? Practice makes perfect, you know. And a shitty choice of music on the video. I hate Halo 2's online and multiplay, but single player kicks ass and nobody can argue.
How does it prove anything? Did you watch the video? Swipe sniping is ABSURD. When that works, that's just sad. HOMING bullets, LUNGING melees, regular bullets that hit the target when the crosshair is far away, NO fall damage...what a joke. And sure, the single player is fun, but let's face it...multiplayer is the reason Halo 2 is so popular and it's POOR. Also, Mr. 13 (or is it 14 now) year old, do you even know anything about Pink Floyd?
__________________
Ben
Co-Founder Abborado Studios
Lead Designer - Once Upon a Time in Japan: Earth
Once A Villain is offline  
Old 07-22-2005, 12:21 PM   #26
merely human
 
Intrepid Homoludens's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Chicago
Posts: 22,309
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erwin_Br
Wait a minute, that's an entirely different picture of what I've seen.

Here's a movie: <link removed> (This one does contain nudity)

--Erwin
Sorry, Erwin, I had to edit your post because there are some unde raged and/or more sensitive forum members here. But respectful of this discussion you could forward the movie to others via email (beyond this forum) if they want to compare the scenes and formulate their opinions on it.

I'm wondering, weren't the original 'sex' scenes fully clothed, and you had to download a free program that 'undresses' the scenes? I'm suspecting Rockstar intently kept these scenes in the game to boose sales, then may have been involved in the 'distribution' of the downloadable software to unlock them. Considering their other games, like Manhunt, I wouldn't be at all surprised. Rockstar's profits thrive on controversy.
__________________
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Intrepid Homoludens is offline  
Old 07-22-2005, 12:21 PM   #27
Homer of Kittens
 
SoccerDude28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: San Francisco, Bay Area
Posts: 4,374
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamNMax
I hate Halo 2's online and multiplay, but single player kicks ass and nobody can argue.
But... I thought it was the other way round. Everywhere I go, I hear that Halo 2's single player is repetitive and boring and the multi-player is the best part of the game. You don't think so? By the way, I have no idea because I never played Halo 2, but that's just what other forumites say.

I have played Halo 1 on the other hand, and it was a good game albeit having a repetitive level design, and definitely way overhyped.

As far as GTA goes, I love it.
__________________
--------------------------------------------------
Games I am playing: Jeanne D'Ark (PSP)

Firefox rules
SoccerDude28 is offline  
Old 07-22-2005, 12:22 PM   #28
SamNMax
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Also, Mr. 13 (or is it 14 now) year old, do you even know anything about Pink Floyd?
I know enough to know that Pink Floyd has nothing to do with that movie.
 
Old 07-22-2005, 12:23 PM   #29
OUATIJ Creator
 
Once A Villain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 1,640
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoccerDude28
But... I thought it was the other way round. Everywhere I go, I hear that Halo 2's single player is repetitive and boring and the multi-player is the best part of the game. You don't think so?
It is the other way around according to most people. It seems like everywhere I go that people talk about Halo 2 they bash the single player but say the multiplayer is great. What a crock. The multiplayer is for people with no skill.
__________________
Ben
Co-Founder Abborado Studios
Lead Designer - Once Upon a Time in Japan: Earth
Once A Villain is offline  
Old 07-22-2005, 12:25 PM   #30
Homer of Kittens
 
SoccerDude28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: San Francisco, Bay Area
Posts: 4,374
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens
I'm wondering, weren't the original 'sex' scenes fully clothed, and you had to download a free program that 'undresses' the scenes? I'm suspecting Rockstar intently kept these scenes in the game to boose sales, then may have been involved in the 'distribution' of the downloadable software to unlock them. Considering their other games, like Manhunt, I wouldn't be at all surprised. Rockstar's profits thrive on controversy.
The Hot coffee mod was always you (CJ) full clothed and the women taking off their clothes. It looked rediculous, because it is humanly impossible, unless CJ is wearing one of these elastic jeans that bends to the shape of your.... you know too much detail already
__________________
--------------------------------------------------
Games I am playing: Jeanne D'Ark (PSP)

Firefox rules
SoccerDude28 is offline  
Old 07-22-2005, 12:26 PM   #31
SamNMax
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoccerDude28
But... I thought it was the other way round. Everywhere I go, I hear that Halo 2's single player is repetitive and boring and the multi-player is the best part of the game. You don't think so?
No, I don't. Used to enjoy the online play, but some little bitches I play with from school are always screaming at me because they think I hack(go figure, they have no skill). But I still like the single player. Anyone who says the word "repetitive" and thinks of Halo, choke yourself. I'm so sick of hearing that word. I guess every game is "repetitive" if it isn't the second coming of Christ, huh?
 
Old 07-22-2005, 12:27 PM   #32
OUATIJ Creator
 
Once A Villain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 1,640
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamNMax
I know enough to know that Pink Floyd has nothing to do with that movie.
Uh... Did you not say, "And a shitty choice of music on the video." ???
__________________
Ben
Co-Founder Abborado Studios
Lead Designer - Once Upon a Time in Japan: Earth
Once A Villain is offline  
Old 07-22-2005, 12:30 PM   #33
Homer of Kittens
 
SoccerDude28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: San Francisco, Bay Area
Posts: 4,374
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamNMax
No, I don't. Used to enjoy the online play, but some little bitches I play with from school are always screaming at me because they think I hack(go figure, they have no skill). But I still like the single player. Anyone who says the word "repetitive" and thinks of Halo, choke yourself. I'm so sick of hearing that word. I guess every game is "repetitive" if it isn't the second coming of Christ, huh?
Wooow woow calm down there young fella. I meant by repetitive that the level design was lazy, like for example the library, where every other room looks exactly the same as the previous one. I guess now I'll go and choke my self
__________________
--------------------------------------------------
Games I am playing: Jeanne D'Ark (PSP)

Firefox rules
SoccerDude28 is offline  
Old 07-22-2005, 12:32 PM   #34
SamNMax
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Once A Villain
Uh... Did you not say, "And a shitty choice of music on the video." ???
Yeah. It was shitty because it had nothing to do with the movie. What's your point.
 
Old 07-22-2005, 12:35 PM   #35
OUATIJ Creator
 
Once A Villain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 1,640
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamNMax
Yeah. It was shitty because it had nothing to do with the movie. What's your point.
My point is that it's Pink Floyd. You said "shitty choice of music". Were you wanting the Halo original score? Eminem perhaps? You are aware that when people make videos like this they almost always supply their own choice of music?
__________________
Ben
Co-Founder Abborado Studios
Lead Designer - Once Upon a Time in Japan: Earth
Once A Villain is offline  
Old 07-22-2005, 12:40 PM   #36
Under pressure.
 
Erwin_Br's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Apeldoorn, The Netherlands
Posts: 3,773
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens
Sorry, Erwin, I had to edit your post because there are some unde raged and/or more sensitive forum members here.
Whoops, sorry about that!

--Erwin
__________________
> Learn more about my forthcoming point & click adventure: Bad Timing!
> Or... Visit Adventure Developers: Everything about developing adventure games.
Erwin_Br is offline  
Old 07-22-2005, 12:50 PM   #37
Senior Member
 
Sirus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Texas, US
Posts: 227
Send a message via AIM to Sirus
Default

Will the stupidity never end?
Sirus is offline  
Old 07-22-2005, 12:51 PM   #38
Homer of Kittens
 
SoccerDude28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: San Francisco, Bay Area
Posts: 4,374
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirus
Man that Jack Thompson guy, *&$*#&($#&($#&($&#(&#$(*&$(#&(#&$($&#($&
#&$#(&$(#*&$#(&$#(&$(#&($*#&($*#&(*&$#(*&$(#*&$(#* &$*(#&(
__________________
--------------------------------------------------
Games I am playing: Jeanne D'Ark (PSP)

Firefox rules
SoccerDude28 is offline  
Old 07-22-2005, 12:55 PM   #39
SamNMax
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Once A Villain
My point is that it's Pink Floyd. You said "shitty choice of music". Were you wanting the Halo original score? Eminem perhaps? You are aware that when people make videos like this they almost always supply their own choice of music?
No. It doesn't have to be any of those. I just like it when the music has something to do with the video. And stop being so defensive. Some people just don't like Pink Floyd(not that I don't, but don't start a war because someone supposedly bad-mouthed a band you like).

Quote:
Eminem perhaps?
Don't patronize me.
 
Old 07-22-2005, 12:58 PM   #40
mag
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 1,913
Send a message via AIM to mag
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalia
Hi Mag, she's definitely not my favorite potential candidate, but I guess she feels she has to swing to the center to have any shot at the presidency in 2008. And this stupid move she's making smacks of Bill Clinton's Sista Soulja moment in 1992. Maybe at somepoint she'll remember she's a member of the democrats and not the republican lite.
I wouldn't count on it. The Clintons have always been centrists. That's why it's so laughable whenever anyone talks about Clinton as some left-wing extremist. If those two moved any more to the right they would be Republicans.

I just wonder how stuff like this is going to effect her base. A LOT of the support for Kerry came from young people, mostly in their twenties or late teens. These are the people who are playing the kinds of games Clinton is waging her holy war against. Of course, most people don't vote according to a candidate's position on video games. But it's stuff like this that can backfire on a candidate.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Adventurous One
This whole situation is just stupid. I mean, this is the only game I have ever seen with an AO rating. I've always considered the rating a joke because you never see games with the rating.
Well, it is pretty rare. But then, so are porn games. There are a few AO rated games, but you don't see them because most stores don't carry games with that rating.

mag
mag is offline  
 



Thread Tools

 


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.