Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   General (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/general/)
-   -   Prince of Persia (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/general/9042-prince-persia.html)

James 07-06-2005 05:51 AM

Prince of Persia

I've read they're very short, but I'm thinking of picking the first 2 up in lieu of POP3 at Christmas - are they worth my while?

[toj.cc]Phantom 07-06-2005 05:56 AM

I liked the first 3, but I heard that 4 has gotten some bad reviews so I haven't tried that yet. but, yes in my opinion they are worth your while.

Ninth 07-06-2005 05:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James
I've read they're very short, but I'm thinking of picking the first 2 up in lieu of POP3 at Christmas - are they worth my while?

You mean the two old POP? In this case yes, they're very much worth your while if you're into platformers. Or if you liked Flashback.
The first one is quite ugly, but very efficient, and the second one is much prettier and varied.

Lucien21 07-06-2005 06:12 AM

Sands of Time is more puzzle orientated, but the combat is kinda frustrating. DOn't remember it being that short though.

Warrior Within was definetely prettier, more combat orientated, but nevertheless still enjoyable.

I would recommend playing either.

Mind you if you can get hold of the old old version it's quite good fun and a landmark in game animation when it was released.

SoccerDude28 07-06-2005 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by [toj.cc]Phantom
I liked the first 3, but I heard that 4 has gotten some bad reviews so I haven't tried that yet. but, yes in my opinion they are worth your while.

Actually the last one was 5 :) There was also Prince of Persia 3D

To answer your question James, they are definitely worth your time. I don't know how they would stack up in this day and age, but when they were released back then, they were some of the best games available.

EDIT: After reading it again, I think you are referring to Sands of time and Warrior within.

Sands of Time is a BRILLIANT game. Warrior within is darker, grittier, bloodier, scantier and just not fit for the Prince of persia series.

insane_cobra 07-06-2005 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoccerDude28
Sands of Time is a BRILLIANT game. Warrior within is darker, grittier, bloodier, scantier and just not fit for the Prince of persia series

...but if you're looking for fun gameplay, go for it anyway.

BerserkerTails 07-06-2005 08:57 AM

Prince of Persia: Sands of Time is, in my opinion, one of the best games to come out in the past five years. Anyone who is a fan of fun is doing themselves a favour by playing this game.

As for Warrior Within, I liked it. It started off rather boring, but about halfway through it had a nice twist that made the game very enjoyable. It's an excellent game for people who loved the Sands of Time gameplay, and a pretty good game for those who loved the Sands of Time story.

...It's terrible for people who loved the Sands of Time music, however.

SoccerDude28 07-06-2005 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by insane_cobra
...but if you're looking for fun gameplay, go for it anyway.

NO MAN. Don't encourage the Prince going street style :\

insane_cobra 07-06-2005 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BerserkerTails
...It's terrible for people who loved the Sands of Time music, however.

:D

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoccerDude28
NO MAN. Don't encourage the Prince going street style :\

Can't wait for that Tony Hawk Vs. PoP game.

simpson_yellow 07-07-2005 05:15 AM

For comments on POP: Sands of Time, have a look at this thread or, for my personal opinion, I refer you to my sig :P .

SoT is fantastic and worth every penny of the budget price you'll pay for it now. I've only played the demo of Warrior Within but will buy it when I find it for a suitably cheap-arse price. If you try to consider SoT and WW as two unrelated games, you'll probably enjoy the latter a lot more. If you go in expecting Warrior Within to be a sequel faithful to the Prince of Persia franchise, you're likely to be a little disappointed.

Eye-Z 07-08-2005 03:10 AM

i loved SoT

warrior withiin or whatever looked and played wack

SakSquash 07-08-2005 06:37 AM

I loved the first, but I couldn't bring myself to play the second. It had lost all of its charm.

NuttyGal 07-09-2005 02:02 PM

I liked the look of this game but i never brought it because people said this game wasnt very good! What do you guys think?

SakSquash 07-09-2005 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NuttyGal
I liked the look of this game but i never brought it because people said this game wasnt very good! What do you guys think?

Get it or DIE!

NuttyGal 07-09-2005 02:17 PM

Well if i can get it for cheap than maybe i will treat myself to it and if i don't enjoy it, than you will be hearing from me

SakSquash 07-09-2005 02:20 PM

Quote:

Well if i can get it for cheap than maybe i will treat myself to it and if i don't enjoy it, than you will be hearing from me

Yeah well, if I ever get arond to playing Vampire, and if I hate it, we'll just have to arm rassle'.

NuttyGal 07-09-2005 02:22 PM

Well if it comes to it than SCRUGates can wrestle you cos my muscles are weak!

I fell down a ladder the other day and bruised parts of my left body

SakSquash 07-09-2005 02:24 PM

Quote:

Well if it comes to it than SCRUGates can wrestle you cos my muscles are weak!

I fell down a ladder the other day and bruised parts of my left body

Tell me about it. It's my job to climb ladders it seems.

NuttyGal 07-09-2005 02:32 PM

Well i dont think i will be getting on a ladder to quickly again lol

samIamsad 07-09-2005 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by temporaryscars
It's my job to climb ladders it seems.

I thought you're usually doing it.... DEEPER? :crazy: