You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming General No One Lives Forever 2

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-17-2005, 07:03 AM   #1
Broken Sword Fan

Default No One Lives Forever 2

Hey everyone,

Recently started playing this again and I'm really enjoying it. The game is pretty funny, from the cut-scenes to the guards having conversations. So anyone else played this and is there any news on a sequel?
Old 06-17-2005, 09:49 AM   #2
merely human

I played both NOLF and NOLF2, and both were exquisite! NOLF, I thought, had much more consistent humour (I remember laughing half the time to the point where I'd get distracted and keep getting killed). NOLF2, on the other hand, offered more varied gameplay and incredible graphics. I did the multiplayer for a while, and NOLF's was far more addictive and fun (especially with the lipstick bombs), while NOLF 2 had more expansive maps and a better engine for it.

"Don't be apprehensive about this apprehension!!"

"You look like you need a monkey."

"This club is super groovy, don't you think?"

There's no announcement thus far of a sequel. Monolith did put out a kind of spinoff called Contract J.A.C.K., which takes place in the NOLF world but you instead play a hired agent for H.A.R.M. - it wasn't that well received. Currently Monolith is working on a new kind of FPS, F.E.A.R., a semi-tactical FPS with Silent Hill-like horror theme. It should be out later this year.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 06-17-2005, 09:55 AM   #3
Broken Sword Fan

Heh, I love all the gadgets Cate can use

Edit - Just saw you posted about Contract Jack

F.E.A.R does look pretty good, some of the shots I've seen look pretty amazing
Old 06-17-2005, 09:57 AM   #4
merely human

According to one review (the Gamespot one I posted above) it wasn't very good and it was too short. And it seems less humourous. Have you played the original NOLF?

Also, you may want to investigate fan mods for NOLF2. I don't have any links right now but go ahead and Google it or search the official game site.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 06-17-2005, 10:00 AM   #5
Broken Sword Fan

Yeah, I had the original NOLF on the Playstation 2, which wasn't the best platform I could of got it on

I'm keen to rebuy the original on PC, it's pretty cheap these days isn't it?
Old 06-17-2005, 10:11 AM   #6
merely human

If you can find it, it'll be dirt cheap. The advantage will be all the free downloadable multiplayer maps. I think there were some singleplayer mods, too. They're not as good as the game itself, but it does extend the value. There should still be some multiplayer matches going on.

For NOLF2, have you played any multiplayer?
Old 06-17-2005, 10:16 AM   #7
Broken Sword Fan

I played NOLF2 Multiplayer when I first got it, a couple of years ago, but I had a poor connection back then so it lagged a bit which put me off. However now I've got a faster connection I'll look into trying it out sometime

I'll also look into the NOLF2 Mods, Thanks
Old 06-17-2005, 10:33 AM   #8
Life and times of...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens
"You look like you need a monkey."
Oh yeah, that's a classic...

"Are you insulting my monkey?"
Old 06-17-2005, 11:41 AM   #9

Fuzzy Slippers! It's as simple as that!

Both NOLFs were great. Probably the best FPS-games I have played. Got to love the humor and 70's style.... And Cate is hot.
Old 06-17-2005, 04:24 PM   #10
with extra cheese!

Man, I was just remembering how much I loved this series when I saw this thread! Woohoo!

Definitely two of the best shooters I ever played, fronted by possibly the wittiest, most intelligent female lead I've ever seen in a computer game. Loved all the scenery in both games, from Indian side-streets to Greek islands to outer space! The Super Soldiers in NOLF2 scared the crap out of me. As far as gadgets go, my favourite's the phone-bugger - the way Cate idly makes it 'walk' across the screen is so adorable
and all the signs that should show me what's right and what's wrong have been knocked down, shaken and smothered by previous lovers and non-descript others like me, who don't know what it's for, all I know is that I want more.
Old 06-17-2005, 04:26 PM   #11
merely human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nappi
Got to love the humor and 70's style....
It's actually set in the 60s. I think NOLF was mid 60s and NOLF2, 1968.

Quote:
And Cate is hot.
No one doubts that and lives forever.
Old 06-17-2005, 04:40 PM   #12

I enjoyed the first game a lot more than the sequel. The story, the humor, everything seemed better "thought out".
Not that I dislike it, both are wonderful games that I recommend everyone to check out (these games are now so cheap, it's a shame more people don't give it a try).
Old 06-17-2005, 11:57 PM   #13
A Servicable Villain

I only played 2, but I loved it. The character models, ttheir expressions and their voice acting was superb. And it had killer mimes! How awesome was that?!
Old 06-18-2005, 12:08 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens
It's actually set in the 60s. I think NOLF was mid 60s and NOLF2, 1968.
Uuups.. My bad.
Old 06-18-2005, 06:57 AM   #15
Party On Dudes

i really enjoyed the first game. it was filled with humour, originality and lots of sexy action! the fact it's set in the seventies is wicked. can you lot explain to me why i should buy the second one?

www.myspace.com/rabhiphop
Old 06-18-2005, 03:41 PM   #16
with extra cheese!

Sixties. SIXTIES.
and all the signs that should show me what's right and what's wrong have been knocked down, shaken and smothered by previous lovers and non-descript others like me, who don't know what it's for, all I know is that I want more.
Old 06-19-2005, 07:23 AM   #17
Life and times of...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCRUGAtes13
i really enjoyed the first game. it was filled with humour, originality and lots of sexy action! the fact it's set in the seventies is wicked. can you lot explain to me why i should buy the second one?
'Cause it's the sequel to that exquisite game? (That's set in the sixties...)
Old 06-19-2005, 10:59 AM   #18
Party On Dudes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shodan
Sixties. SIXTIES.
easy boyz, i'm a retard and proud. the sixties rock!

www.myspace.com/rabhiphop
Old 06-19-2005, 06:31 PM   #19
with extra cheese!

I'm not a boy!
Old 06-20-2005, 11:30 AM   #20
merely human

That's right! System Shock 2 depicted the evil A.I. as female.