Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   General (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/general/)
-   -   Most Addicting Game Ever (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/general/7888-most-addicting-game-ever.html)

SamNMax 04-19-2005 01:27 PM

Most Addicting Game Ever

I vote the NBA Live series.

Intrepid Homoludens 04-19-2005 01:30 PM

I pretty much get addicted to most games I play at the time. Right now, it's Jade Empire.

insane_cobra 04-19-2005 01:35 PM

Zuma Deluxe, hands down. There were times I hated that game more than anything, but still I couldn't stop playing.

SoccerDude28 04-19-2005 02:34 PM

I think it has to be Civilization 3.

squarejawhero 04-19-2005 03:07 PM

Based on my girlfriends gaming habits, Puyo Puyo and Pikmin 2.

Maquisard 04-19-2005 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoccerDude28
I think it has to be Civilization 3.

I agree.

Manhunter71 04-19-2005 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mares
I agree.

I second that :D

This game is the only one that has tempted me to sneak out of the bed I shared with my ex and tiptoe downstairs in order to carry on where I left off just so I could beat the opposing civilisations to building the next wonder!!

As well as being the most addictive game, it was also the most frustrating game, because, no matter how hard I tried I never managed to beat them to the space age!!

:D :D :D :D :D

SakSquash 04-19-2005 03:39 PM

I was seriously addicted to the first Driver game when it came out. I would just play it for hours, sometimes messing with the police, sometimes trying to obey all traffic laws. I was friggin hooked. More recently, I think Pirates! is addicting. But of all time, i'm going to have to go with Command and Conquer.

Risingson 04-19-2005 04:04 PM

Any good shoot'em-up, like Aero Fighters, Air Busters or Salamander. And (Super) Puzzle Fighter played with another.

TigerShard 04-19-2005 04:35 PM

The Sims 2. I can't play it anymore, because I can sit and play it for hours on end and lose track of time. In the end, I don't feel satisfied though. There is no plot or real end to the game, but I can't stop playing...

lumi 04-19-2005 04:37 PM

Tetris. I was seeing those blocks when my eyes were closed.

simpson_yellow 04-19-2005 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by squarejawhero
Based on my girlfriends gaming habits, Puyo Puyo and Pikmin 2.

Haha, I can definitely second Puyo Puyo. Almost failed 3rd year of Physics on account of that game.

Also Powerslide (couldn't uninstall until I won the elusive cherry)
And Counter Strike: Source (see sig :D . note: ban not working)

artwking4 04-19-2005 09:11 PM

For me, it was Diablo/Diablo 2. I would play that for HOURS and completely lose track of time. Four hours would seem like only 15 minutes with that game.

DustCropper 04-19-2005 09:12 PM

I find the similation/tycoon games to be the most addictive, for me at least. SimCity, Railroad Tycoon, the Sims... those are a few that come to mind right now.

Eye-Z 04-20-2005 12:00 AM

Championship manager 4

i had the playing time of 4 weeks or some shit
it give you an addictiveness rating and it'd change every so often

i remember some like

Remember to let the cat out
don't forget to change your underware
don't forget to eat

some were funny as hell i can't remember them all, i'll have to look when i get home from work tonight.

Toastrider 04-20-2005 06:50 AM

Civilization 2 and Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri.

Ye gods. 'Just one more tech advance'.

Eye-Z: In the area-loading screens for Baldur's Gate 2, they would put hints and messages. One was 'While your characters don't have to eat, you do. We don't want to lose any dedicated players.' Hee. :)

--TR

pinkgothic 04-20-2005 07:53 AM

Kula World!

And I guess people still don't know what game I'm talking about. :shifty:

CarolAn 04-20-2005 09:38 AM

Sims 2

CarolAn

Sage 04-20-2005 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spider Crusoe
Tetris. I was seeing those blocks when my eyes were closed.

"Tetris" gets my vote, too.
While the strategy games will eat up many hours of your day, that is their nature as it takes that long to play one game. But when you look at the clock and find you've wasted five hours playing game after game of Tetris, you are well and truly hooked.

"Hello, my name is Scott and I'm a Tetris-holic."

Thrifty

log p 04-20-2005 11:36 AM

i have to say morrowind, which totally took control of my entire life when i first bought it...something that no other game has been able to do and still have replay value months later

also im a sucker for any good baseball game, like MVP 2004 or MLB 2K5, micromanagement, statistics, and simulation give me goose pimples