You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming General Psychonauts PC DEMO!! Download it NOW!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-11-2005, 06:42 PM   #61
The Dartmaster

Send a message via ICQ to Jake Send a message via MSN to Jake Send a message via Yahoo to Jake

Trep cant you just sort of create your own account on that computer and name it "administrator" or something else vaguely cryptic?

"I was one of the original lovers." - Evan Dickens
Old 04-11-2005, 06:46 PM   #62
merely human

Well, I'd have to get into my sister's account to do that.

What really pisses me off is that I did all that work cleaning out their computer, helping them set up new and better internet connection, and teaching them how to better protect it, and he turns around and f#&ks me out behind my back. I am definitely talking to my sister about it tomorrow.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 04-11-2005, 06:49 PM   #63
Jack Bauer loves you

Send a message via AIM to artwking4

For the most part, the demo works fine on my computer, but I'm occasionally getting the audio out of sync with the video (when there is a close up of the characters talking).

Also, I've been playing with the mouse, and it's a little buggy because I set the left mouse button as a control for forward movement, so it sometimes locks itself up in that position and Raz will move forward even though I'm not pressing it (it also causes run-on sentences -- hehe...).

I think those are the only two issues I have with it, the second one probably solveable by using a gamepad. Oh, and it seems like the cutscene volume is lower than the in-game volume...
Old 04-11-2005, 06:55 PM   #64
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabacco
So, just got home. It runs beautifully on my Athlon 3200+, 1gb of pc3200, Radeon 9500 Pro (128mb) at 1024x768 with fsaa and all the other good stuff turned on. Works quite well with my xbox controller, too, although it took a little configuring
Not a bad rig tobacco, but you need to update that vid card. It's looking a bit long in the tooth
Old 04-11-2005, 06:57 PM   #65
Friendly Server Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by temporaryscars
Not a bad rig tobacco, but you need to update that vid card. It's looking a bit long in the tooth
Yes, well, the problem is in the bus. Were I to upgrade, I would want a PCIe card, and to do that I'd need a new motherboard as well, and that pushes the whole thing out of my price range
Old 04-11-2005, 07:37 PM   #66
Homer of Kittens

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabacco
So, just got home. It runs beautifully on my Athlon 3200+, 1gb of pc3200, Radeon 9500 Pro (128mb) at 1024x768 with fsaa and all the other good stuff turned on. Works quite well with my xbox controller, too, although it took a little configuring
You win

Firefox rules
Old 04-11-2005, 07:39 PM   #67
merely human

Okay, guys, no bragging. This isn't the 3DRealms forums, you know. Next thing I know, you'll all be posting your system specs as your sigs. Scary, that.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 04-11-2005, 07:43 PM   #68
merely human

So nobody's giving me a sympathy hug because my brother-in-law locked me out of their computer so I can't play the Psychonauts demo?
Old 04-11-2005, 07:45 PM   #69
Junior Junior Member

Send a message via MSN to Krazy

Heh, just played it, awesome, just awesome . Now my little brother's playing through it too
Old 04-11-2005, 07:56 PM   #70
FlipFrame

Wow, and no point and click!

Cheers
Old 04-11-2005, 08:04 PM   #71
Jack Bauer loves you

Send a message via AIM to artwking4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens
So nobody's giving me a sympathy hug because my brother-in-law locked me out of their computer so I can't play the Psychonauts demo?
Well, actually, I do feel for ya. Pretty rotten thing for him to do. But I think you should put peanut butter or ice cream in their optical drive. It's the only way you'll feel better, no matter how much condolences we give you.
Old 04-11-2005, 08:07 PM   #72
Banned User

Quote:
Ya know what i'm doing? I'm playing the worlds smallest violin for you.
Old 04-11-2005, 08:10 PM   #73
merely human

It's not even that anymore. He betrayed me! I helped him set things up, with everything to help their computer run better, and he turns around and does this to me.

Quote:
Ya know what i'm doing? I'm playing the worlds smallest violin for you.
OMG!! LOL!! That just made me laugh so much!

(((((tempsie)))))
Old 04-11-2005, 08:12 PM   #74
Banned User

Quote:
It's not even that anymore. He betrayed me! I helped him set things up, with everything to help their computer run better, and he turns around and does this to me.

OMG!! LOL!! That just made me laugh so much!

(((((tempsie)))))
Glad I could help! Look, just burn the demo to a disc, and play it in your xbox. Problem solved. I do it all the time!
Old 04-11-2005, 08:22 PM   #75
The Dartmaster

Send a message via ICQ to Jake Send a message via MSN to Jake Send a message via Yahoo to Jake

Quote:
Glad I could help! Look, just burn the demo to a disc, and play it in your xbox. Problem solved. I do it all the time!

"I was one of the original lovers." - Evan Dickens
Old 04-11-2005, 08:31 PM   #76
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake
Have you tried it? I don't think so! Try before you buy!
Old 04-11-2005, 08:39 PM   #77
merely human

Quote:
Originally Posted by tempsie
Look, just burn the demo to a disc, and play it in your xbox. Problem solved. I do it all the time!
Huh? Is that even possible? Wouldn't it try to 'install' it in the console or something? That's just too weird. Nah, I'll just get my sister's password and play it then. Besides, it's installed in her account.
Old 04-11-2005, 09:29 PM   #78

Wow, thanks everyone - I'm going to try to play the demo this weekend!
Old 04-11-2005, 09:32 PM   #79
FlipFrame

Quote:
Huh? Is that even possible? Wouldn't it try to 'install' it in the console or something? That's just too weird. Nah, I'll just get my sister's password and play it then. Besides, it's installed in her account.
Yea curious about that one myself...
Old 04-11-2005, 09:52 PM   #80
Friendly Server Admin

Quote:
Okay, guys, no bragging. This isn't the 3DRealms forums, you know. Next thing I know, you'll all be posting your system specs as your sigs. Scary, that.
I actually wasn't trying to brag. I always kind of assume my computer's behind the curve a bit. Seriously