You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming General The Oddworld Games

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-24-2005, 05:35 PM   #21
Pink fluffy Xmas bunny

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkgothic
What about the bad ending? And I think it's 200 Mudokons, not 99, if my memory serves correctly (Abe's Oddyssee was 99).

Submit to the urge, Manhunter... you know you want to...!

Regarding 3D gameplay - in Munch it'll definitely not appeal to you, I reckon, if you've already got these thoughts now But Stranger's Wrath should do if you don't mind a lack of sadism on all levels of play, and the restriction instead to some psychological ouch.

Aarrgh! I'm getting confused now!
Exoddus is the one where the Glukkons are using dead Mudokkons to make the Soulstorm Brew? right?
I was sure that you only had to save 99?
Oh well - its been a while as I said. All the more reason for me to replay

With regards to the gameplay - its the characters that make the game imo and if Munch is nearly as likeable as Abe, then I am sure I could appreciate the game
All I need to do is buy an XBox - I think I'll wait until the new console comes out and splash out on that
Old 03-24-2005, 06:00 PM   #22
Feind der Anonymitaet!

Send a message via ICQ to pinkgothic Send a message via AIM to pinkgothic Send a message via Yahoo to pinkgothic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manhunter71
Aarrgh! I'm getting confused now! Exoddus is the one where the Glukkons are using dead Mudokkons to make the Soulstorm Brew? Right?
Right.

Quote:
I was sure that you only had to save 99?
Nope, more than that. You've double the lovely oppurtunities to tear your hair out in Abe's Exoddus than you had in Abe's Oddyssee. Isn't it just lovely? Incidentally I'm just reading that you need to save 150 to get the good ending, but I cannot seem to find confirmation of the 200 Mudokon claim I just made... great. More than 99, anyway.

Quote:
All I need to do is buy an XBox - I think I'll wait until the new console comes out and splash out on that
If you're referring to X-Box 2, I wouldn't hold your breath; I've heard it may not be backwards compatible. Though somehow I can't imagine that... but still, I heard it, and accordingly felt I should share.
Winner of the Second-Best-Dressed and Non-Specific awards in the Unbiased Impostor Awardsâ„¢, amongst many others.

Non-Conformist to Non-Conformismâ„¢
Internet Explodifierâ„¢ - the best weapon of mass destruction!!!11one
Trademark Overuserâ„¢
Old 03-24-2005, 06:09 PM   #23
Pink fluffy Xmas bunny

Quote:
Right.

Nope, more than that. You've double the lovely oppurtunities to tear your hair out in Abe's Exoddus than you had in Abe's Oddyssee. Isn't it just lovely? Incidentally I'm just reading that you need to save 150 to get the good ending, but I cannot seem to find confirmation of the 200 Mudokon claim I just made... great. More than 99, anyway.

If you're referring to X-Box 2, I wouldn't hold your breath; I've heard it may not be backwards compatible. Though somehow I can't imagine that... but still, I heard it, and accordingly felt I should share.
I bow to your experience in the Oddworld department

Concerning the XBox 2- I thought I saw on some gaming show that Microsoft were aiming to release it at the end of 2005 or 2006? - they wanted to beat Sony to their release of the PS3

I am sure it will be backwards compatible - if not there will be some pretty angry gamers out there
Old 03-24-2005, 06:16 PM   #24
Homer of Kittens

Quote:

Concerning the XBox 2- I thought I saw on some gaming show that Microsoft were aiming to release it at the end of 2005 or 2006? - they wanted to beat Sony to their release of the PS3

I am sure it will be backwards compatible - if not there will be some pretty angry gamers out there
Yes it will definitely most probably be released at the end of 2005. All articles are pointing to that. And it will be backward compatible.

As far as oddworld, I've only heard good stuff about stranger's wrath. I'm considering buying it. Is there any plot relationship with the older games?

Firefox rules
Old 03-25-2005, 02:54 AM   #25
Feind der Anonymitaet!

Send a message via ICQ to pinkgothic Send a message via AIM to pinkgothic Send a message via Yahoo to pinkgothic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoccerDude28
Yes it will definitely most probably be released at the end of 2005. All articles are pointing to that. And it will be backward compatible.
Thanks for effectively killing the rumour. It's good to hear that it will be BC. Manhunter is right, if it wouldn't be, people would be very, very angry.

Quote:
As far as oddworld, I've only heard good stuff about Stranger's Wrath. I'm considering buying it. Is there any plot relationship with the older games?
Not par se, there's a couple of critters which you'd recognize (and the recognition may tell you something about the future of the SW plot as you're playing, sort of from experience), but if you're asking whether you needed to have played the old games to play Stranger's Wrath and for it to make sense - no. Not at all.
Winner of the Second-Best-Dressed and Non-Specific awards in the Unbiased Impostor Awardsâ„¢, amongst many others.

Trademark Overuserâ„¢
Old 03-25-2005, 03:00 AM   #26
Feind der Anonymitaet!

Quote:
Haha, before you make a shrine to me, try this side: http://www.oddworld.au.com - you can make a shrine to them if you want, they're just a couple of posts short of figuring out the next game, I think. *giggle*

Oh, and, word of caution. If you have any strongly postive opinions regarding something as vile and evil as capitalism, don't go to the forum. Just kidding. Though I'm sure some of the Oddworld fans really would make attempts to gut you as though you're some sort of heathen for playing the games...

Trademark Overuserâ„¢
Old 03-25-2005, 12:59 PM   #27
Pink fluffy Xmas bunny

Quote:
Haha, before you make a shrine to me, try this side: http://www.oddworld.au.com - you can make a shrine to them if you want, they're just a couple of posts short of figuring out the next game, I think. *giggle*

Oh, and, word of caution. If you have any strongly postive opinions regarding something as vile and evil as capitalism, don't go to the forum. Just kidding. Though I'm sure some of the Oddworld fans really would make attempts to gut you as though you're some sort of heathen for playing the games...

Thanks for the link - now I can keep up with Oddworld updates
I really want to play the other games, its just annoying that they are only for XBox

I also decided to check out the forums...............interesting mix of topics on there
Old 03-25-2005, 02:06 PM   #28
Citizen of Bizarro World

Quote:
The character in question looks a lot like Stranger but is obviously a different species. It seems a bit unoriginal to me.
Hmm, yeah he even has a cowboy hat, how lame is that? I was hoping they'd get back to their originally intended 5 species saga after Stranger. Who knows, maybe Fangus is number 3 on the list?
Under land of no free! Am us home coward-leeee!

~Excerpt from the Bizarro Anthem
Old 03-30-2005, 07:53 AM   #29
Feind der Anonymitaet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mares
Hmm, yeah he even has a cowboy hat, how lame is that? I was hoping they'd get back to their originally intended 5 species saga after Stranger. Who knows, maybe Fangus is number 3 on the list?
They should be returning to it if they're sticking to their pattern (1 quintology game, 1 extra game, 1 quintology game, 1 extra... etc). Admittedly, I'm a bit sad that Stranger isn't considered the third part - I mean, hmm; he's got a cool, interesting species.

Fangus, by the way, I hear doesn't have a cowboy hat like Stranger at all, but rather a blade of sorts sat on his head; still, the resemblance is just too odd (pun not intended) for me to buy that it's supposed to be the next game.

But I'm willing to be proven wrong. As long as they make something good out of it, I'll deal.

Trademark Overuserâ„¢
Old 03-30-2005, 07:54 AM   #30
Feind der Anonymitaet!

Quote:
I really want to play the other games, its just annoying that they are only for XBox
Mwah. One word: Graphics.

Trademark Overuserâ„¢
Old 03-30-2005, 09:51 AM   #31
Homer of Kittens

Speaking of Lanning and the oddworld franchise, did you read this
pinkgothic? They are closing their main site and moving to Berkley instead and outsourcing their work. I don't know what this means to the franchise.

Firefox rules
Old 03-30-2005, 11:22 AM   #32
Quixotic

Send a message via AIM to JoeX111 Send a message via Yahoo to JoeX111

Quote:
Speaking of Lanning and the oddworld franchise, did you read this
pinkgothic? They are closing their main site and moving to Berkley instead and outsourcing their work. I don't know what this means to the franchise.
I wonder if this means we'll be getting the Quintology in movie form now? Lanning's been wanting to do that for ages, but has repeatedly said he would only allow it if his people made it, in order to keep it true.
Old 03-31-2005, 04:55 PM   #33
Feind der Anonymitaet!

Quote:
Speaking of Lanning and the oddworld franchise, did you read this pinkgothic?
I hadn't yet - thanks for sharing! But from what I can get out of the article in just reading over it (no time to thouroughly read it right now), I don't think it's something to worry about. But I'll tell you my full opinion when I've read it. Thanks again!

Trademark Overuserâ„¢
Old 03-31-2005, 04:57 PM   #34
Feind der Anonymitaet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeX111
I wonder if this means we'll be getting the Quintology in movie form now? Lanning's been wanting to do that for ages, but has repeatedly said he would only allow it if his people made it, in order to keep it true.
Well, when I read your first sentence, I was about to say "Well, Lanning's always wanted that", but you beat me to that. I'm really looking forward to the concept of an Oddworld movie... preferably a couple... it's just such a rich world and the black humour is priceless. I've never discovered such black humour anywhere else; except maybe Zork. *fangirl grin from ear to ear*

Trademark Overuserâ„¢